Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed WTC Tower #5 on Liberty Street

This is a New York City forum, not a New York State forum! Besides, we need to get back on topic. Does anyone have any new information on this building?

What building?

Who said there's a building?

Exactly ^^^

If we stayed "on topic" here -- based upon the title of this thread -- we'd have nothing to say until the next rumor about JP Morgan at Site 5 ...

Meanwhile ...

I guess you're right about that. But why not start an Albany thread ubder the world section?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Wink

Where's the fun in that?

You're right about that too. Besides the capitol, there is not much to look at in Albany. It's a long neglected city. There are entire blocks of boarded up brownstones there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffster View Post
    But why not start an Albany thread ubder the world section?
    You got it chief, but I put it in the photography section. For some reason Albany photos don't seem fit to go in a section titled "World Skyscrapers and Architecture."

Recent photos (including the ones I posted above): http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12386

Older photos focusing on downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods: http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8101

Quote Originally Posted by kz1000ps View Post
    You got it chief, but I put it in the photography section. For some reason Albany photos don't seem fit to go in a section titled "World Skyscrapers and Architecture."

Recent photos (including the ones I posted above): http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12386

Older photos focusing on downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods: http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8101
    Well, let's face it, our legislatours often act like Albany is a bubble, so i guess it could count as a whole 'nother world.

Default tower 5

It surely doesn't seem like they are removing 1 floor a week of the deutch bank building where this new tower will go.
    Anyone seen it shrinking? Maybe I just can't tell.

^No, not yet.

The only litigation I am aware of relating to the DB bank had to do with insurance, and it was resolved years ago. What "shyster lawyers" are you referring to, and can you point to an actual lawsuit?

One of the latest snafus was due to contract disputes, but seemingly that was rectified. All that info is at the Deutsche Bank thread, and an article on the latest is posted HERE

No reference to any lawsuit in that article.

Default there is a lawsuit targeting every construction firm to ever work on the DB building

Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    The only litigation I am aware of relating to the DB bank had to do with insurance, and it was resolved years ago. What "shyster lawyers" are you referring to, and can you point to an actual lawsuit?

I know this from someone at a firm who did work at 130 Liberty. Lawsuits by people claiming toxic poisoning released from the DB building targeting everyone under the sun. They had to have their insurance carriers lawyers fight them off. More than one lawsuit from what I hear. A counter suit from lawyers representing Deutsche Bank entities for legal costs. They received the summons in January. No other info, but to me it seems really unfair as well as fishing for settlement money.

If you were a general contractor and renovated office space, you are now getting sued because you were somehow negligent and responsible for people breathing in pulverized WTC dust. Even though any renovations would have included asbestos reports showing the renovated spaces clean.

Shyster lawyers indeed.
    Last edited by finnman69; January 29th, 2007 at 03:53 PM.

Question

what i want to know is,
    why would bloomberg want a residential development on the site?

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast