Page 212 of 294 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4400

Thread: Race for the White House

Banned Member

I believe that McCain's claims to have "Democrats" serve in his cabinet is a real stretch. Appointing Joe Lieberman to anything is have an Israeli Lobbyist in the cabinet, not a "Democrat". I can't imagine anyone else serving and any which did ought to be ousted from the party.

By the wat, I saw a McCain ad attacking Obama about there being "nothing" after the speeches, crowds, and rhetoric. At the end, it showed the McCain * Palin logo - only Palin's name wasn't there. I wonder if this was just a "New York" ad.

In The End, It's About McCain

Andrew Sullivan
    07 Sep 2008 10:10 pm

Whatever is to come in the Palin story, the fundamental truth that will
    remain true is that John McCain made this vital decision in such a reckless,
    cursory, cynical way that his candidacy really should be over. If this is
    what he promises in executive decision-making, then no one can be
    comfortable voting for him this November. My MSM column is now up:
    What we have learned about John McCain from his selection of
    Sarah Palin is that he is as impulsive and reckless a decision-
    maker as George W. Bush. We know this not because of what
    we have learned about this Pentecostalist populist since she
    exploded on the scene last Friday morning (and God knows we
    have learned more than we ever wanted).

We know it because of how McCain made the decision...

McCain picked someone he had only met once before. I
    repeat: he picked someone he had only met once before. His
    vetting chief sat Palin down for a face-to-face interview the
    Wednesday before last. It's very hard to overstate how nutty
    and irresponsible this is.
    Would any corporate chieftain pick a number two on those
    grounds and not be dismissed by his board for recklessness?
    The recklessness was much more fatal in the new media world
    than in the old one. In the old media world, the Republicans
    could try to control the flow of information, browbeat the
    press and prevent the entire weird family background and
    series of scandals and rumors of quite incredible events from
    getting into the mainstream. But those days are over. Within
    minutes of the announcement, everyone reached for Google.
    I recommend for starters the two following stories that
    appeared in the Anchorage Daily News last March and April.

Story 1 / Story 2
    If this race isn't over, it should be.

(Photo: Max Whittaker/Getty.)

Meanwhile the polls have narrowed to a tie.

The election is Obama vs. Palin.

The latest poll by Gallup, shows McCain ahead of Obama 48 percent to 45 percent.

http://news.aol.com/elections/articl...405x1200534753

Did anyone see Biden on Meet The Press? He was very good... note how he handled the question about when life begins. He was very skillful, very assured in his answer. His over all performance was very professional, very knowing. Did you see the clips of Obama in Wilks Barre? The Left is convinced that Obama is this great speaker... perhaps if the speech is prepared, but on his own, it's a squeaky sound, no timing, no wit. IMHO, he really does not know how to play an audience. And he's going to suffer for it. Watch Palin again.... she has a natural ability.... it's kind of amazing. Don't under estimate this stuff.

Forum Veteran

This is a very tricky race now, Palin has energized the base and thats not a goo dthing for Obama, they are enough to sneek McCain into the white house

Fabrizio,
    I agree, Biden looked thoughtful, relaxed and comfortable with those questions. Obama looked like he was talking to his buddies in the high school cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by 195Broadway View Post
    Obama looked like he was talking to his buddies in the high school cafeteria.
    Obama has lost it. He thinks he's paid his dues, gotten his message across, and it's self-evident that he's the best man for the job.

It is evident to us --and he is the best man.

He's been running for over a year, and Hillary exhausted him. Now he has to sell himself to the country all over again.

How many times does he need to win the electorate over? As many times as he needs to in order to win.

He looks tired to me. Can he muster the inner resources to do it one more time?

If not, we're stuck with four more years of corruption, stupidity and mismanagement. I don't think the American Dream as we know it can survive that.

The Dems need their own Karl Rove. But I wonder if Obama is open to direction. The feeling I get is that his crew is unable to see the guy's communication weaknesses.

Fox BTW is having a field day with those Obama interviews. There are 4 episodes, and they are releasing 1 a week. That way, for an entire week Laura Ingraham, Chris Wallace and company can comment on them. Why in the WORLD did Obama's people allow for this?

Default Barack Obama - The Legislative Record

To counter the oft-told lies regarding Obama's Legislative Record, please refer
    to this comprehensive listing supplied by Heleann at DailyKos:

It has really been bothering me - the charges that Obama is all talk and no action. Those of us who support him and have reviewed his record know there is no basis to this charge, but just to make sure,I went to the Congressional Record ( www.thomas.gov ) and did a search for bills sponsored or co-sponsored by Senator Obama in his three short years in the US Senate. I searched the 109th and 110th Congresses which cover the years 2005-2007.

In a nut shell I found:

Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 570 bills in the 109th and 110th Congress.

Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 15 bills that have become LAW since he joined the Senate in 2005.

Senator Obama has also introduced amendments to 50 bills, of which 16 were adopted by the Senate.

His record is in fact quite impressive for a junior Senator from Illinois.

Details below the fold.

Default Debate Schedule Fall 2008 - President / Vice President

Dates to mark in your calendar:

Debates:
    September 26, 2008: Presidential debate with domestic policy focus, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS

October 2, 2008: Vice Presidential debate, Washington University, St. Louis, MO

October 7, 2008: Presidential debate in a town hall format, Belmont University, Nashville, TN

October 15, 2008:Presidential debate with foreign policy focus, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Meanwhile the American public understands that Obama was a community organizer. You know, he directed drug addicts to rake leaves... or something like that.

Lofter, the American public does not read the DailyKos.

There is a problem here.

Let's not forget Biden. He could end up nuetering Palin in the debates. Think of what Bentsen did to Quayle.

There is a difference: Quayle looked dumb. He's not someone who gets the audience on his side just by walking into a room.

Shops were not having a run on Dan Quayle reading glasses. Palin will be coming in on a wave.

Palin is a beautiful woman, she really does know how to TAKE HER TIME speaking, she knows how to land a quip. Of couse Biden will beat her with content... but believe me.... if Palin could do so well in that acceptance speech she's a smart cookie. Maybe that speech was written for her, but the delivery was flawless.

It's going to be interesting.

---

And now in the middle of all of this we have to have the embarrasment of MSNBC having a meltdown...

---
    Last edited by Fabrizio; September 8th, 2008 at 10:29 AM.

10 Barclay = Decepticon Optimus Prime's Avatar

Besides, Bentsen annihilating Quayle did a whole lot of good, didn't it? While Bentsen was attacking Quayle, Quayle was attacking Dukakis with crap about raising taxes and weakening the national defense. Oh, he sounded vapid, but he delivered the lines. Sound familiar? Actually, this time, they managed to find a similarly inexperienced but very non-vapid vessel to deliver the lines.

Sarah Palin is a trap. If this election becomes about anything other than the last 8 years, the economy, and the fact that McCain's militarism makes us LESS SAFE, Obama is going to lose.