Thread: Jade Condo - 16 West 19th Street - conversion by Perkins Eastman

Default Jade Condo - 16 West 19th Street - conversion by Perkins Eastman

www.jadenyc.com

What do you guys think of this condo? Anyone here go see their "pod " concept? Their 1 bedroom condos go for between $1,015,000 and $1,080,000 for roughly 900 sq ft, $850ish CC, and $680ish RE taxes. Is this priced right or do you think there is room for negotiation?

Thanks in advance for replies.

That chick is HOT! Is she Mick's daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHobo View Post
    Wow! Does she "cum" with the apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by StatArb View Post
    www.jadenyc.com

What do you guys think of this condo? Anyone here go see their "pod " concept? Their 1 bedroom condos go for between $1,015,000 and $1,080,000 for roughly 900 sq ft, $850ish CC, and $680ish RE taxes. Is this priced right or do you think there is room for negotiation?

Thanks in advance for replies.

The pod concept is definitely interesting but I worry about how these apartments will age. Yes it is an interesting "now" concept and looks cool but how about 5-10-20 years from now? Imagine if they had done something like this during the 70s and what one would think of it now?
    Last edited by bigkdc; February 5th, 2007 at 08:07 PM.

Banned Member

I don't know. I've look at the design and I think it's gimmicky. Kind of the Delorean of condos.

LOL -- how sad to be described as the "fat, unfortunate woman"

any more info on how this one is coming? this pod thing is sooo weird.

Default No Pod for I

Quote Originally Posted by jennicak View Post
    any more info on how this one is coming? this pod thing is sooo weird.
    Yeah, I don't even see one single advantage to it for the buyer. It's not like you can roll-it out of the way when you're done with it, so what's the point? Plus having a big pod in the middle of the room rather kills the floorplan (you're left with basically 2 hallways on either side of the pod) and reduces light from the windows. And finally, it means your bathroom is in the exact center of the room, but when you're having guests over, who wants to be the center of attention entering/exiting the bathroom?

The only advantage I can think of is for the developers -- I bet it's a lot cheaper for them. But I don't get why any resident would want a pod. Is there any advantage to it other than "Jade Jagger thinks it's hip & edgy"?

Default Dan Hisel's Z Box

How about the pod concept taken up a notch.

Dan Hisel - Z Box

http://architecture.myninjaplease.com/?p=1066

http://danhiseldesign.com/Zbox1.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zbox.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	4184  

Quote Originally Posted by tavist View Post
    Yeah, I don't even see one single advantage to it for the buyer. It's not like you can roll-it out of the way when you're done with it, so what's the point? Plus having a big pod in the middle of the room rather kills the floorplan (you're left with basically 2 hallways on either side of the pod) and reduces light from the windows. And finally, it means your bathroom is in the exact center of the room, but when you're having guests over, who wants to be the center of attention entering/exiting the bathroom?

The only advantage I can think of is for the developers -- I bet it's a lot cheaper for them. But I don't get why any resident would want a pod. Is there any advantage to it other than "Jade Jagger thinks it's hip & edgy"?
    I have not seen them but I guess one positive is that it seems to be an efficient use of space. I agree though that it is an interesting gimmick but not something I'd want to pay a premium for.