Thread: Travel options/costs from LGA to Secaucus

Default Travel options/costs from LGA to Secaucus

I am arriving at 11:10 pm at LGA on a Friday, traveling to East Rutherford/Meadowlands, returning back to LGA at 4:00 am on a Monday. Neither of the departure times fall within the PA bus schedules. I am assuming a yellow cab is the best option from/to LGA/East Rutherford? Can the PA bus be caught near Fairfield Inn, 850 Patterson Plank Rd. during normal operation hours or am I reserved at a hotel that will make it hard to get to Manhattan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman867 View Post
    I am arriving at 11:10 pm at LGA on a Friday, traveling to East Rutherford/Meadowlands, returning back to LGA at 4:00 am on a Monday. Neither of the departure times fall within the PA bus schedules. I am assuming a yellow cab is the best option from/to LGA/East Rutherford?
    That gives you time to cab it to the LIRR Woodside station and catch the 12:01 to Penn Station (arrives 12:12 a.m.); if you miss it, thereís another train later. New Jersey Transit train (North Jersey Coast Line) departs Penn Station at 12:37, arrives Secaucus in time to transfer to the Main and Bergen Line train that will get you into Rutherford at 1:03 a.m.

This will save you some money over the cab, but itíll be a bit of an adventure --especially with luggage.

There are no trains eastbound Secaucus-Penn Station after 2:12 a.m. and before 4:59 a.m.. Iíll let you figure out the return trip:

http://www.njtransit.com/sf_tr_schedules.shtml#

http://www.mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/woodside.htm

Btw, why do you fly at such odd hours?

Unhappy

Wow, sounds like an adventure. You said it would save some over a taxi, but roughly how much? I am guessing it may still be worth the extra money to avoid 3 lines, possible delays and missed busses............at those hours of the night. LOL.

Hours are odd because : 1) $133.00 R/T airfare from Nashville to LGA and return trip arrives at Nashville at 7:25 am (for a 9:00 am court session). Hard to beat the airfare.

The hotel website estimates cab fare to JFK at $100.00, but that sounds excessive compared to what I have read here and I am also going from/to LGA.