Default Where's lofter1?

Been gone all April.

A strange and eerie silence.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    Been gone all April.

A strange and eerie silence.
    All five days?

That said I hope everything's alright.

But its only been five days, he's probably on vacation.

Question

Stern, would you be open to putting all the "Where is <fill in the blank>" topics in one thread?

Banned Member

I respectfully disagree. I've seen forum sites with so many subforums that the communities become compartmentalized. It creates echo chambers. I've had the opportunity to get to know Lofter outside the forum. I'll throw his two cents in here and say he agrees.

But, I like that you are here with us trying to make the place better!

I'm guessing he is on vacation. Why do I think he posted in a thread here that he was going away? I know his name, so I can vouch he hasn't been involves in any big crimes or on the news. He's just missed.

Our Lofter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Stern, would you be open to putting all the "Where is <fill in the blank>" topics in one thread?
    It says one thread, BR, not a whole sub-forum!

I miss Lofter, too -- although since it's Easter week, some members have traveling/visiting to do... hopefully in places where the weather in no way resembles New York's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Such as a sticky?

By nature of the forum there's only about a couple dozen posters that post here with any amount of regularity. Those would be the members where there's interest in their whereabouts, and by nature of them posting frequently there wouldn't be too many times where their whereabouts are questioned. Furthermore Forum Issues is so infrequently visited that its not hard to follow a thread, sticky's are intended for important threads that get quickly pushed to the bottom. Lastly we're pretty happy with the forum the way it is currently set up, there's hasn't been discussion about changing the format in a long while, internally, and if there are to be changes they would be to make it run smoother, which might mean making it tighter, which we all advocate. For instance I was recently considering disbanding Manhattan Residential Developments since its somewhat redudant, right now I'm going to let it stay.

I don't forsee any new stickys, and new subforums are even more unlikely. If there will be a new sticky or a new subforum it will have to be something that really has near unanimous support and something that grabs the moderators attention and really makes them unaniumously say wow, yeah.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Let the man get his rest.

He has pretty much posted non-stop for a few a couple of years now.

On one message board (for all ages) that I moderated, we had a forum just like this. After awhile, the "Where's <fill-in-the-blank>" topics were cluttering up the forum. They were sort of competing with issues that were often more urgent.

There were also active members who were periodically "missing". What to do about inquiries?

I decided that once the "missing" member showed up -- said "I'm back," followed by a brief discussion -- I would lock the topic.

I noticed, though, that the WNY moderators very rarely lock topics. That's why I suggested that all the "Where's... " be put on one thread.

Stern, am I working you too hard? Take solace in the knowledge that this will be my last suggestion for awhile.

Forum Veteran

I think WNY is good as it is. No change needed.

I want to know who authorized Lofter's vacation.

I hope there's pictures.

Well, he was thinking about a new camera.

He must have gone to a place where they have no computers.

Hopefully it's warm. Good week to take off for warmer climates, it's too cold here for April.

Nice to see y'all were thinking of me ...

Long story -- more later.

... here's a hint showing the view from where I was for the past week:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0405071913.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	3894  

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast