Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where's lofter1?

Hey Im positively relieved you caught that window of nice weather, long may it go down in the local history books Ive just reread that tips for London thread you did. Did you get to check out the stuff that was mentioned eg markets, theatre, daytrips?

I was not in London on any week-end so I wasn't able to visit some of the markets. My trips took me to the countryside near Leeds (glorious) and out-of-country to Rome.

I went to the theater in London but once: to the Barbicon to see a German-language modern-dress production of Hedda Gabler -- the set for which was a country house ala Philip Johnson's Glass House in Connecticut (it was on a turntable with a huge mirror suspended above, so the house was viewed from every angle possible).

While up in Leeds I went to see a new version of Moliere's The Misanthrope titled The Grouch -- again up-dated, this time set in a modern urban condo all white on white (except for two very large and comfy hot pink sofas) with a huge circular staircase rising through the floor and disappearing into the flies high above. It was very funny and nasty: a bunch of miserable urbanites bitching about life and each other.

Did lots of walking around to check out what they're building in London. Cranes everywhere

On top of all that I spent time with great friends and met some fantastic new folks as well. All in all it was an A+++ trip.

Thats great, Im happy for ya Your pick of the theatre productions sound like a good choice, although Hedda Gabbler sounds pretty heavy. Rome must have been so different from London, have you ever been to Venice? Gawd it puts everywhere else to shame (minus the crowds)...

I've been to Venice a few times, and am crazy for it. Luckily I've been there two times during the "off" season when crowds were not so much of a hassle (although the hip-high "acqua alta" in Pizza San Marco early one spring did pose an interesting problem -- which seemed less consequential after a few bottles of wine ).

Where? For the next few weeks that is anyone's guess.

In a few hours from now I'll be doing THIS

Upon arrival and transfer to an alternate form of transport I'm hoping to find back roads with no cell reception .

Fear that gas will be up near $4 / gallon by the time the trip comes to an end.

But, hey!

No need to let a little thing like insufficient funds get in the way of a good road trip.

And to save me the trouble of digging through all the threads for the dishy news when I get back, if y'all could please make a link here to the most important stuff it will be greatly appreciated.

zie later u!

THIS is not to be missed ...

Please take a camera this time!!

Have fun Lofter! And I agree with alonzo ... take your camera!!

(although I'm sure you're already gone)

Welcome back Lofter!
    We know you had a good time so.....
    where are the pics

Thanks for the welcome back ...

Unfortunately I had a camera disaster early in the trip Damn the glass screen cover

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Cool Yay!

We have missed you.

I guess the parable of the return of the prodigal son wouldn't fit here. Refreshed and renewed ... on toward that 20,000 threshold!!!

(Seriously, welcome back on the Wired!)

Smile

I didn't even realize he was gone.

Welcome back lofter!

We missed ya!

Where? Heading out to the heat of the desert for a couple of weeks to get some sun + much needed R&R ...

Camera packed. Pool awaits.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast