Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's lofter1?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not into S&M, but whoa!

If you want to do some experimentation you could look HERE

When they insert that piece of equipment ("Venous Access") they are good enough to give you a nice shot of Lidocaine -- which pretty much numbs the entire area (but doesn't put you to sleep).

However ... after the procedure when they remove their equipment they give you NOTHING -- except the advice to breathe, deep and constant. Then they tell you it will take about 20 - 30 mnutes to fully remove it. It's not exactly painful (if that is what you're looking for) but it sure as heck isn't comfortable.

Thumbs up Lofter- Thank you once again.

The information and demonstrations you have provided for us are invaluable.

The probability of WNY readers themselves getting a medical procedure like this small; the probability that they will interact with somebody who has gotten or will get the procedure is quite large. This thread should be mandatory reading.

You didn't have to share any of the details with us -- yet you did. You are thoughtful and kind. Wishing you the speediest recovery to the healthiest state possible.

Default Take care!

Lofter1...

I just logged in after about 2 months and read up on your recent experiences. Wow, it scared me for a moment and I am so glad you are doing well. It is odd how I think of you and BR so often as if I know you. The two of you have become very important to me since JB's death. I logged on today to see how BR was doing only to read this about you. Please stay well. It sounds like you are being a good patient and taking care of yourself. Keep it up.

Libby

Banned Member

We are both having some obstacles to overcome, but I think there's a guardian angel up there helping us through it.

Lofter, the cable looks great! Will you get C-Span and all the shopping networks - in addition to heart pupmping assistance?

Stay healthy brother! Remember to post any help you might need. You have LOTS of friends here!

rob

Good to hear from you, Libby ...

And thanks, BR, as ever

Ultimately it comes down to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1DLDnSSPZk

Swiped from Anything Goes:
    Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    I'm taking a break from painting my bathroom :: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Congratulation on the speed of your recovery! To be sufficiently healthy and fit to paint a bathroom...

My doc said I should be pushing myself to do lots of stuff ...

Why do bathrooms take so long to paint? Too darn many shelves and nooks and crannys to work around. (Plus I take lots of time doing prep.)

I just broke for the day at 11:30 PM ... worked the whole day and still have more to do tomorrow (2nd coat on walls / some touch up). So bummed that I can't take a shower tonight ...

And since when did Benjamin Moore paint (not the fancy lines, just basic BM) jump to $40+ / gallon? When I went to get paint this week I nearly had another infarction ...

And since when did Benjamin Moore paint (not the fancy lines, just basic BM) jump to $40+ / gallon?
    Man, that's expensive, even for Benjamin Moore! Are you going to look into the reason why the price suddenly shot up? I'll be doing massive painting soon -- will report back what I found.

Try to see the bright side... from somebody who has "been there": when you were in the hospital, at your most disabled, did you ever dream that in the near future you would have the capability of painting a bathroom? (Isn't it great to be able to paint a bathroom?)

what color?

It's all very simple -- Colors work well with "bright" white fixtures / tiles ...

Walls -- BM #1457: light dove grey (with a very very pale blush of pink -- very nice for the skin tones in the mirror)

Ceiling -- BM #1433: periwinkle blue (ceilings are high enough that the darker contrast really opens up the top of the room).

I like painting -- I've always done my own. I find it satisfying (although the high ceilings aren't as much fun to paint as they used to be). The end results are always refreshing.

sounds nice, yes, a dark ceiling can open if it's high... a nice trick is to keep the lighting at a lower height, not illuminating the ceiling... allowing the ceiling to be even darker when the lights are on... it will disappear. The bathroom of my new place is also light grey walls with white, white tiles and fixtures.

And since when did Benjamin Moore paint (not the fancy lines, just basic BM) jump to $40+ / gallon? When I went to get paint this week I nearly had another infarction ...
    Yeah, paint -- even basic BM -- has gotten very pricey. When I last repainted a couple of rooms (also in grays), I bought small cans of the stuff at the Janovic Plaza store on 3rd Ave. (11th St.) for test swatches, but when I went to the Janovic store on 6th Ave. (Spring St.) to buy the paint for the job, the paint guy suggested that I could save quite a bit by having them use a combination of BM pigments and Janovic base paint. I followed his suggestion and couldn't see any difference from the pure-BM samples. I can't recall how much I saved, but it was significant.

When it was time to paint my place I called a friend of mine who restores murals. He came with jars of color and mixed them with water until we got the color I liked (grey with a green thing going). Then he painted layers of this mix. The paint cost almost nothing. The result is finely nuanced antique shades. I'm very happy with it.

I visited a friend the other day who re-did his kitchen. He had the walls painted with whole milk. After a few months the dried milk surface begins to look like parchment. I'm thinking of redoing my kitchen in milk, I liked it so much. Price of paint=price of milk.

They say it's best to do it during the colder months because whole milk on the walls tends to smell pretty bad in 90 degree weather.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanKnight View Post

I went to the Janovic store on 6th Ave. (Spring St.)
    That's where I bought my paint

Nobody made me a similar offer as you got

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast