Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where's lofter1?

You can even buy it frozen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZ5y1sqqJg

Any photos of your trip Lofer?

I didn't take my camera, but luckily cell cams abound ...

Shortly after arriving in London (and after taking a walk through The City to get a look at Foster's brilliant Swiss Re building) some friends and I went to the Tate Modern and happened upon Doris Salcedo's Shibboleth -- although one little fellow who was with us did not pay adequate attention and soon became yet another casualty of the Big Crack ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falling thru.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	5791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crack 2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	5792  

^ I love the Tate, though haven't been for a while. I'll go this week and have a look at 'The crack'. Last time i went there where huge white cubes stacked up like giant lumps of sugar.

Is that little trapped visitor part of the exhibition or put there as a joke?

Like I wrote: He was with us and wasn't watching where he was going.

Luckily a friend had brought her trusty cell cam and captured the embarassing moment before we pulled him out .

^ Oops, i guess i should have read your post a bit closer. Very funny picture though.

BTW, i'm curious how you do the links - as with the Tate modern above - When i tried that it didn't work.
    Last edited by Meerkat; March 23rd, 2008 at 12:17 AM.

This is how Mr. Binky (the guy in the crack) taught me how to do it ...

Copy the link that you want to insert into your text.

Click on the "Insert Link" that is found up top of the text box:

Then Paste the copied link into the box.

You should end up with text Colored + Underlined (I then click Bold as the icing on the cake )

I used Mr. Binkeys method,

then i altered the wording like this, and nothing! No link at all.

Where am i going wrong

First, copy the link but don't paste it anywhere yet. Then, in the "reply to thread" box, type the text in which you want to embed the link (applying whatever formatting choices such as bold, italic & color --but not underline-- that you want) and highlight the text using the mouse pointer. Click on the "Insert Link" icon at the top of the "reply to thread" box and paste the link into the URL entry box; click the "OK" button to close the "insert link" box. Finish writing the text in the "reply to thread" box and save it to the thread. Test your newly-created link to verify that it works.

That ^ is what I meant

These Where is who and who? threads are really catching on. I cant help but wonder... if i took an absense....

Now that you've posted that ^ everyone would say, "Oh, Alzonzo is just playing hide + seek"

I've got to say it was great to see that folks expressed concern when I fell off the planet.

And it's amazing to me that it's been nearly one year ...

Hopefully this time it works.

I've checked it and it does!

This is the Rachel Whiteread exhibition at the tate i mentioned before.
    Last edited by Meerkat; March 28th, 2008 at 07:34 AM.

I think the best installation for me was Olaffur Elliasson's Sun. I remember walking a first date there, my arm in arm and looking up at the worlds largest mirror. We were walking blind, but weaving our way through the clouds via the reflection, twas tres kewl. At the end was alot of people lying down and enjoying the apocalyptic sun through a mist of sugar:

I cannot describe how massive this was:

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip Lofty. I hope the weather fared up, as of yesterday it was snowing, we had a white Easter. I feel like personally apologising so crappy has the weather been as of late (yep, even for Britain). How did you find London? If ever you find time to visit in summer do it again, its a whole different city :cheers:
    Last edited by zupermaus; March 28th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Indeed the weather in London while I was there was brilliant and spring-like with flowers everywhere. I luckily zipped down to Rome for a few days and missed the howling winds that slammed into the UK from the Atlantic, but returned in time to catch the tail end of that storm and saw one incredible sunset over the Serpentine which was reminiscent of a Turner painting.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast