Page 105 of 151 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2257

Thread: 50 East 57th Street @ 432 Park Avenue (former Drake Hotel site)

dannydaly

Some changes slated for this view...

I hope that Extell revises the design for the Nirdstrom Tower. The current design is heinous.

Beautiful photo Derek

432 Park should just about touch the top of that photo right?

My friend and SSP forum member Danielson27 made these models and I just took the screenshots of them, sorry for them not being clad!!! One57, 432 Park, Torre Verre, 111 W57, 225 W57, 220 CPS are all there.

From Central Park:

From the West:

From the Empire State Building:

From Rockefeller Center:

From Rockefeller Center:

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

DKNY I love you but why are you posting the same images in so many threads???

Simple, there are multiple buildings within those photos, so for each building that is in the photos, you post them in their appropriate thread. You never know if someone is checking only 1 of the projects and not the other, so I didn't want anyone to miss out. :P

Default Lecture by RAFAEL VIÑOLY on 432 PARK AVENUE 2/24 at 6:30PM

The Skyscraper Museum, in conjunction with SKY HIGH & the logic of luxury, presents
    A lecture by RAFAEL VIÑOLY on 432 PARK AVENUE and Other Towers
    February 24, 2014 6:30 - 8PM
    In the auditorium of the National Museum of the
    American Indian, Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House, 1 Bowling Green

Rafael Viñoly is the founding principal of Rafael Viñoly Architects PC, a New York-based firm with an international practice. Viñoly's award-winning designs include museums, performing arts centers, convention centers, and numerous research and academic buildings and complexes. His commercial high-rise work began in the 1980s, and he explored innovative forms and structural strategies in several projects, including the post-9/11 WTC competition, in which the collaborative design of the THINK team for a World Cultural Center was a finalist.

Taller than the rooftop of either the original or current 1 WTC, 432 Park Avenue will top out in 2015 at 1,396 feet, making it-in the words of its developers Macklowe Properties and the CIM Group-the loftiest residence "in the Western Hemisphere." Exemplifying "the logic of luxury," the tower's soaring height is predicated on its compact 93-foot square floor plate and extra-high ceilings, which produce its slenderness ratio of 1:15. The emphatic white grid of the concrete frame, divided into six sections by open mechanical floors, represents an integration of the elegant architectural concept and structural logic that sets 432 Park Avenue apart from curtain-wall contemporaries.

Rafael Viñoly will discuss the design of 432 Park Avenue in the context of his high-rise work and design philosophy.

There will be a Q & A after the talk moderated by Cathleen McGuigan, editor in chief of Architectural Record.

This program is FREE to members of The Skyscraper Museum
    Non-members, $10; Students & Seniors, $5.
    1.5 CEUs available
    RSVP required at rsvp@skyscraper.org

For more information on SKY HIGH or membership, visit our website.

The programs of The Skyscraper Museum are supported, in part, by public funds from the NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS in partnership with the City Council.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Are they supplying complimentary barf bags?

Seeing The US Custom house building, and the amazing interiors as well, is worth the trip to the lecture; regardless of
    one' s opinion on the architectural merits of 432 Park Avenue.

I will surely attend, because I think this design of this building is fantastic: notwithstanding the poor quality, and mottled concrete form work on the facade.

Maybe other WIRED NEW YORK members who plan to attend should wear a red carnation on their lapel; so we can spot fellow members of this 'secret society' in the audience. HeHe

Ilike this quote from CIM Group- "the loftiest residence ,in the Western Hemisphere, Exemplifying , the logic of luxury,,
    Last edited by infoshare; February 12th, 2014 at 02:58 PM.

The bogus renderings make this horrible concrete stick look less heinous than it is. Sadly, however, the Nordstrom Tower might be worse.

I suspect it will stand out less than in these renderings. Even non-reflective surfaces in renders like this are given too much shine. The building will probably look great at sunset. A variety of ok to great buildings look even better still at sunset. One penn plaza and 1 Madison park come to mind.

It isn't all glass. For just that reason, I love it.

Hi, Mate. I love stone buildings, but this concrete looks terrible.

It is a shame the finished material is not good quality. The overall design is good.