Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2257

Thread: 50 East 57th Street @ 432 Park Avenue (former Drake Hotel site)

Obligatory Queens skyline update. Not much real change going on, except more windows, but I'm keeping a monthly rundown for consistency's sake.

Tectonic

From One World Trade Center.

Our story
    http://skyrisecities.com/news/2015/1...hattan-skyline

More of my shots
    http://skyrisecities.com/forum/threa.../#post-1051879
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7520.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	18202  

November 9th, 2015

Default 432 Park in Numbers: New Renderings and Superlatives Will Blow You Away

432 Park in Numbers: New Renderings and Superlatives Will Blow You Away
    By Ondel Hylton
    November 11, 2015
    http://www.6sqft.com/432-park-in-numbers-new-renderings-and-superlatives-will-blow-you-away/

Now that Macklowe Properties‘/CIM Group‘s 432 Park Avenue is nearing completion, with occupancy slated to begin in mid-2016 and 70 percent of units reportedly in contract, the development’s marketing and branding agency DBOX has released a bevy of never-before-seen images of our skyline’s newest icon. Being the tower of superlatives it is, it comes as no surprise that it boasts a marketing campaign to match. Employing sky-cams, drone photography, a million-dollar film, and breath-taking renderings and photography, 432 Park has perhaps the most elaborate promotional campaign ever conceived for a Manhattan condominium.

More info and images in the post here.

What an abomination to the New York skyline. It's tall and that's it. Seriously, couldn't make it any cheaper looking.

Quote Originally Posted by steiner View Post
    What an abomination to the New York skyline. It's tall and that's it. Seriously, couldn't make it any cheaper looking.
    What looks "cheap" about this tower? It's probably among the most expensive residential towers ever constructed (and looks it).

And it's a fabulous addition to the skyline. It's basically the most significant change to the skyline in a couple of generations.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ASchwarz View Post
    What looks "cheap" about this tower? It's probably among the most expensive residential towers ever constructed (and looks it).

And it's a fabulous addition to the skyline. It's basically the most significant change to the skyline in a couple of generations.
    Absolutely, this tower is is incredible. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't afford to live there

Seeing the rise of 432 Park Avenue, the tallest, ugliest, and among the most expensive private residences in the city’s history—the Oligarch’s Erection, as it should be known—as a catchment for the rich from which to look down on everyone else, it is hard not to feel that the civic virtues of commonality have been betrayed.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/05/naked-cities

Say what you will about 'ugly' - as differences in personal taste, aesthetic preferences are arguments that can not be entirely settled here, or perhaps anywhere for that matter. In 432 Park I see a well refined, minimalist, perfectly proportioned building that is destined to be an icon of modern architecture in the tradition of Lever House, and the Seagrams Building. This building remains one of my favorite in NYC: socioeconomic fairness, ugliness and such are interesting objections to make, and I am only left to ponder what validity - if any - they have regarding what is real or true. Reading these forums are worthwhile as much for understanding our disagreements as well as our agreements: so to those detractors of 432 Park - I firmly disagree...