Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Actual driving time in Queens

Quote Originally Posted by ps004ynos View Post
    I guess I'd better come back to reality and realize I'll spend next year living in the hospital so Flushing it is .
    Flushing is an awesome place. A large part of my childhood was spent in Flushing and it was an amazing experience. The food is great AND cheap. Theres an assortment of ethnic shops for you to visit. Theres a Chinatown, a Koreatown, a Little India/Pakistan, and irish bars scattered throughout. For a more detailed look at Flushing, Queens- check out:
    http://queens.about.com/cs/neighborh...r_flushing.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ps004ynos View Post

Another random question: Is it much faster to drive from Flushing to LIC, park and take the train into Manhattan compared to taking the train all the way?

Well I am assuming you are not going to drink if you plan on driving, in which case i think you should just drive into manhattan.

Definitely no drinking and driving. I asked about parking in LIC/train into Manhattan because I assumed it was easier than trying to find parking in Manhattan.

Can anybody recommend a NEWER apartment/condominium complex in Flushing? The buildings I saw appeared on my visit were pretty old and rundown. I've read about the Opal but reviews have said it was overpriced.

Back to packing.

Seriously, don't bother driving to LIC. There aren't any parking lots for subway stations, and street parking is a real pain.

Instead of Flushing proper, you can look in the neighborhood directly west called Willets Point aka Iron Triangle. The city has major rezoning plans and construction projects underway
    http://www.outerb.com/?cat=27

Also for Flushing real estate
    http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3364

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau View Post
    Seriously, don't bother driving to LIC. There aren't any parking lots for subway stations, and street parking is a real pain.

It really depends on the time of the day. If you are going in after 7pm, NO problem, you will ALWAYS find a free spot on Vernon Blvd. Come around 6-7pm you pay for the hour at a meter on Vernon. Its .25 for 30 mins i think and go on your merry way.

During the mid day, you can drive around and look for a spot but it will take a bit. Personally I would avoid this if I could and just sit on the train from flushing for the extra time. Grab a 7X and your golden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12