Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 90 William (Be@William)

Banned Member

Walked by yesterday. It's a dank old office building.

The reason to buy at 90 William is to be in the city in a beautifully laid out loft with great amenities at a price per square foot cheaper than anything that I have looked at in years with a 421 g tax abatement. The entire building is being gutted and in my opinion, the financial district will be a great place to live in the coming years. We now live in midtown and love it... but the price was really quite extraordinary in a market climate that is still quite hot.....

Talking it does seem cheap but have any been sold?

whats the deal with fidi anyway? will EVERY Building be residential? me thinks not

Default Why the hostility?

Quote Originally Posted by elgatoleon View Post
    cant see why anyone would want... dark, dirty, with dorm nearby
    Elgatoleon, why the hostility towards this building? The 2-bedrooms here aren't dark at all -- they get GREAT light from a completely unobstructed western view. (Admittedly, though, the 1-bedrooms and studios fare less well since they face a building to the north, but it's no worse than anywhere else in FiDi. Definitely better light than, say, 80 John).
    And does a nearby dorm really make that much of a difference? I would imagine as long as your apartment doesn't share a common wall with the apartment of the college kid, you probably won't even notice. Or does this particular dorm have a reputation?

i havent seen it in person... maybe you are right.. but to say its cheap is crazy. nothing is cheap anymore. thats why i continue to live in queens

To the above poster.. cheap is relative and this condo is extremely cheap considering all the other new condo conversions in Manhattan. But to make the assumptions you are making without even seeing the property is not right...

Default Here is the deal, you decide.

Streeteasy has the sampling online:

http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/buildi...reet-manhattan

Check out the description, prices and floorplans at the Corcoran site: Click each unit to get details.

I think the floorplans are great. For the price, yes.. it is bang for the buck. With regards to the neighborhood, it will be a no brainer for people who work downtown.

By the way, I'm familiar with the halal cart selling gyros in the corner.

what is street easy?

if you live in a converted office.. I have read that there are real bathrooms and washer dryers and windows

tell me why this hood is so up and coming...

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

what is street easy?
    Real estate brokers advertise their own listings on their web sites, and share listings through common databases.

Streeteasy.com is a "republisher" of this data -- the site uses its technology to crawl through real estate databases and reprint what's for sale and how long it has been on the market.

Trulia.com is a similar aggregator.

These sites can be very useful for customers, though occasionally the information they have is out-of-date.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

thanks front porch

what do u think of the current state of condo craziness... i mean this one is an office building for petes sake

Default Office buildings make fine condos

thanks front porch

what do u think of the current state of condo craziness... i mean this one is an office building for petes sake
    That's not a problem. Lots of ultra-luxury condos used to be office buildings. (88 Greenwich, Downtown by Starck, 25 Broad, Cipriani, Cocoa Exchange, etc). They gut-rennovate the building to install new plumbing and such. The only issue is whether the raw space can be divided decent lay-outs. Some buildings (like 88 Greenwich and Downtown by Starck) were forced to divide their units with lots of wasted hallways in each one. But 90 William did a excellent job of providing good layouts that maximize the usable space on each unit.

Default gut renovate?

please explain. how do i take a look at the place?
    i checked out street easy and it seems that there are 30 for sale ... 14 in contract.... thats 44! I thought it was over 100 units....

also... there is a decent place by the NYSE I keep reading about. SPA included. How does this one compare

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by tavist View Post
    That's not a problem. Lots of ultra-luxury condos used to be office buildings. (88 Greenwich, Downtown by Starck, 25 Broad, Cipriani, Cocoa Exchange, etc). They gut-rennovate the building to install new plumbing and such. The only issue is whether the raw space can be divided decent lay-outs. Some buildings (like 88 Greenwich and Downtown by Starck) were forced to divide their units with lots of wasted hallways in each one. But 90 William did a excellent job of providing good layouts that maximize the usable space on each unit.
    88 Greenwich is rife with problems and has been roundly scorned by every forum member who visited it or currently lives there. "Ultra-Luxury" does not equate to good construction, good workmanship, and solid craftmanship. It means amenites. With the right amenities, a Howard Johnson's could be "ultra luxury" - it's still a Howard Johnson's. The appeal at 88 Greenwich is perceived value for the money (i.e., cost per square foot). In the end, all who visited it found it to be seriously wanting.

Default its pretty slick

ok

i saw it thursday

its pretty good... but very little remains til the next offering

Looks like Be@William will rise not too far from William Beaver. BeAtWilliam... BeAt William... Beat William... William Beaver... Beat William Beaver... beat the beaver?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast