Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Married In Nyc

Post Getting Married In Nyc

i am coming to new york in december with my american fiance and we intend to get wed while we are there.When applying for a nyc marriage licence do anyone know if my british passport and his american one will be sufficient ID?or do i need a visa for the purpose of marriage???we are coming back to live in the UK,so i dont think i need a visa? Any help on this one is appreciated,the net can be quite confusing on this issue........

Arrow To Denise & James:

I am coming to new york in december with my american fiance and we intend to get wed while we are there.When applying for a nyc marriage licence do anyone know if my british passport and his american one will be sufficient ID?or do i need a visa for the purpose of marriage???we are coming back to live in the UK,so i dont think i need a visa? Any help on this one is appreciated,the net can be quite confusing on this issue........
    Denise & James:

I (Rapunzel) am confused. There seem to be some discrepancies between this^^^ post and the first post you put up under the username "DJames":

June 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
    DJAMES

Working As A Nanny In Nyc & Vicinity
    Hi all,this is a new experience for us,we have just discovered this site and you may be able to answer some of our questions?hopefully.....I am a british nanny and my soon to be husband is american,we live in england at the mo,but are coming to nyc in december for a holiday and to get wed!I then plan to apply for my green card to enable us to relocate to nyc where i will work for one of your wealthy socialites as there nanny!!!my hubby to be is an artist so nyc will be a fabulous base for him too.we will be in new york for nine days in december and hope to do as much research as possible,does anyone know how long roughly a green card would take for a spouse???also.any good agencies for me to register with for a nanny position?I will be earning $60,000+ possibly with accomodation provided,if not i will be earning more and we will rent.Loooking at past forums we are quite liking the sound of brooklyn,with a easy commute to manhattan,cause thats where i will prob be working.
    Please give us as much help as you can,we are very new to this,thanks.denise & james.
    Source of quote:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...02&postcount=1

Please explain these discrepancies.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You may also be able to help with something:

There is another member named "James" from the U.K. who planned his engagement in NYC on this site, and says he got engaged last New Years Eve. Here is one of his posts:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=111

There is yet another member named "James" from the U.K. who expressed the wish to get engaged in NYC, and posted right after that link:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=112

Then there is a member who says he's from Dublin and would like to get engaged in NYC in December:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...47&postcount=1

Denise & James, do you know these other people?

Smile Let Me Clear Up These Discrepancies

Hi, Rapunzel,lets clear things here.We live in england right now,my fiance has dual nationality,american and british.He holds two passports one for each country....we are coming to NY in december for a holiday and hope to get married,thinking it would be a straight forward thing.....go to city hall apply for a licence.get wed...but upon looking on internet researching the rules of this i got quite confused as to if visas need to be applied for?we plan to return back to the UK after our wedding then apply for my green card to enable us to eventually move to New York,until i get a green card thats impossible as i cant get a job.As for the other posts you asked about,i have no idea who they are......just goes to show how popular the idea of a new york wedding is to us brits hey.

Thank you for explaining things. I'm sure there will be people coming by to answer your questions. (I don't have the knowledge.)

I'm unclear if you are female, or if this is a same-sex union, and it is none of my business. I'll just point out that if happens to be a same-sex union, you may want to keep track of the status of NY Governor Eliot Spitzer's same-sex marriage bill.

Default D Is For Denise

Im Female,james Male....

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Denise & James:

I (Rapunzel) am confused. There seem to be some discrepancies between this^^^ post and the first post you put up under the username "DJames":

Source of quote:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...02&postcount=1

Please explain these discrepancies.

You may also be able to help with something:

There is another member named "James" from the U.K. who planned his engagement in NYC on this site, and says he got engaged last New Years Eve. Here is one of his posts:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=111

There is yet another member named "James" from the U.K. who expressed the wish to get engaged in NYC, and posted right after that link:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=112

Then there is a member who says he's from Dublin and would like to get engaged in NYC in December:
    http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...47&postcount=1

Denise & James, do you know these other people?

Rapunzel, why would she know some random other people from the UK?

Also, there are tremendous differences between getting married and engaged, and there were absolutely no discrepancies between DJames' two posts.

I don't mean to call you out, but I'm really confused as to how this post raised any of those questions.

I get what rapunzel is saying...First they said they were moving then she says she's not. I was confused myself, but she cleared it up now so...

denise, for questions on family-based immigration visit visajourney.com

Thanks For The Link,i Think We Will Are Gonna Be Fine By The Looks Of Things...dont Need A Visa And Can Apply For Green Card When Back In Uk

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau View Post
    Rapunzel, why would she know some random other people from the UK?
    There are a great many coincidences among the people who hold the above four usenames. Some coincidences are easily apparent; some not. For the time being I'm treating everything as coincidence.

Added in for clarification:
    "Above four usernames" = DJAMES, FrankHegley, jshortston, IrishBoy.
    Last edited by Punzie; June 7th, 2007 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Clarification

There are a great many coincidences among the people who hold the above four usenames. Some coincidences are easily apparent; some not. For the time being I'm treating everything as coincidence.
    Are you serious? Please tell me what is so alike between DJAMES, MikeKruger, Lolita88, and Schadenfrau? Perhaps all 4 got together to promote visajourney.com... personaly I don't see members like Lolita88 and Schadenfrau doing that the other two who knows. Maybe the 4 you pointed out aren't the 4 you had in mind who knows who cares...

I really don't see the need to post this here... I thought the job of a mod was to keep convrsion on track and on topic, not throw a wrench in it herself and steer the topic off track which is what you have done by thinking out loud.

If you think something is up run the IPs and see what is going on if they match, come from the same area, or come from the town in AZ visajourney.com has the conact info for you caught yourself a spammer. No need to create drama annoucing "we got us a mystery here" before you know what is going on.

oh my god,what is going on here,i only posted on here for a little help with our queries if anyone could answer them.Didnt know it was going to cause problems.......let me once again set the record straight,we have NEVER used this or any other forums before,we are new to this whole thing........it makes me unsure as to wether i should post anymore questions??????

Quote Originally Posted by 718Bound View Post
    Please tell me what is so alike between DJAMES, MikeKruger, Lolita88, and Schadenfrau?
    Thank you for bringing this up.

I have added a clarification:

Added in for clarification:
    "Above four usernames" = DJAMES, FrankHegley, jshortston, IrishBoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAMES View Post
    ...let me once again set the record straight,we have NEVER used this or any other forums before,we are new to this whole thing........it makes me unsure as to wether i should post anymore questions??????
    My apologies if I caused some discomfort. One thought of mine was that you belonged to the same circle or network of friends as the other three members (in red); that appears to not be the case.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish. There may be disagreements on this site at times, but there are things upon we agree: the international transactions concerning your marriage should go as smoothly as possible, and your wedding in New York City should be a wonderful, memorable experience of a lifetime. We're here to help you facilitate this.

Heres my thinking out loud (somebody who knows can let you know for sure). You say you have people interested in you as a nanny right? Is it possible to ask if any of them can sponsor you for a greencard, employment visa or whatever it is until you get your greencard for marriage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast