Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay "Devastation" of the Enemy

Banned Member

Default Gay "Devastation" of the Enemy

Pentagon Confirms It Sought To Build A 'Gay Bomb'

Hank Plante
    Reporting

(CBS 5) BERKELEY A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."

Edward Hammond, of Berkeley's Sunshine Project, had used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain a copy of the proposal from the Air Force's Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio.

As part of a military effort to develop non-lethal weapons, the proposal suggested, "One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior."

The documents show the Air Force lab asked for $7.5 million to develop such a chemical weapon.

"The Ohio Air Force lab proposed that a bomb be developed that contained a chemical that would cause enemy soliders to become gay, and to have their units break down because all their soldiers became irresistably attractive to one another," Hammond said after reviwing the documents.

"The notion was that a chemical that would probably be pleasant in the human body in low quantities could be identified, and by virtue of either breathing or having their skin exposed to this chemical, the notion was that soliders would become gay," explained Hammond.

The Pentagon told CBS 5 that the proposal was made by the Air Force in 1994.

"The Department of Defense is committed to identifying, researching and developing non-lethal weapons that will support our men and women in uniform," said a DOD spokesperson, who indicated that the "gay bomb" idea was quickly dismissed.

However, Hammond said the government records he obtained suggest the military gave the plan much stronger consideration than it has acknowledged.

"The truth of the matter is it would have never come to my attention if it was dismissed at the time it was proposed," he said. "In fact, the Pentagon has used it repeatedly and subsequently in an effort to promote non-lethal weapons, and in fact they submitted it to the highest scientific review body in the country for them to consider."

Military officials insisted Friday to CBS 5 that they are not currently working on any such idea and that the past plan was abandoned.

Gay community leaders in California said Friday that they found the notion of a "gay bomb" both offensive and almost laughable at the same time.

"Throughout history we have had so many brave men and women who are gay and lesbian serving the military with distinction," said Geoff Kors of Equality California. "So, it's just offensive that they think by turning people gay that the other military would be incapable of doing their job. And its absurd because there's so much medical data that shows that sexual orientation is immutable and cannot be changed."

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

Why don't the Pentagon folks just develop a "bomb" that makes everyone more interested in peace than in war?

Then drop some on everyone -- themselves included.

I've had a lot of luck with this:

Negroni Cocktail

- 5 ounces dry gin
    - 5 ounces campari
    - 5 ounces sweet vermouth
    - Orange twists

In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, campari, and vermouth. Shake gently. Pour over ice into a large chilled cocktail glass. Twist the orange peel to release the juices and add to the drink.

This is a new Austin Powers movie, right?

A bomb that turns everyone gay? My god - i should be so lucky.

Banned Member

I guess the government endorses the scientific findings that "homosexuality" is not a choice but rather a genetic trait. You'd think they'd drop a "straight" bomb on all the folks failing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Your tax dollars at work.

Forum Veteran

"Irresistibly attracted to one another" is the funny part.

Doesn't Ecstasy do the same thing?

Awesome!

Ok I have a hard time believing this would have worked.

Interesting comments from Jack Valero of Opus Dei:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/opinion/2005-1467.html

a gay bomb??? Now I really heard of everything...

Banned Member

If a bomb can make "gay" a casualty of war, can gays and lesbians apply for disability pay with the US government?

Cool

The bomb itself would not be a "gay" bomb.

For one, it would not dress fashionably or have any clue about social interaction, but that is another topic entirely.

The thing is, the idgits, looking for something easy to remember it, called it this.

My bet is that they were looking for a F-Bomb. Something that would make the soldiers so randy that they would jump just about anything that was breathing. Would that be disruptive? Definitely. Would they be more "attracted" in more than a sense to get their rocks off? Doubtful.

Homosexuality SEEMS to be an ingrained trait that is either enforced or deterred by environment. Simply spraying someone with Channel #69 will not make someone spend more time in the Meat Packing district.

I am sorry, I meant to say Chelsea. Why would I say Meat Packing?

hmmmm ...

Homokaasu ...

(Finnish name, literally gay-gas) is a fictitious poisonous chemical substance, that is supposedly an odorless and invisible gas at room temperature. It is a Finnish urban legend, and is often the subject of running gags on Finnish Usenet newsgroups.

Conspiracy theory

Homokaasu is supposedly used on specific people by secret agents of the Roman Catholic Church to gain a subliminal control of the victims ...

The bomb that dare not speak its name

collision detection

The Sunshine Project is an activist group that studies the US government's research into chemical and biological weapons. They file lots of Freedom of Information requests, and one of their latest ones discovered something quite hilarious. Apparently, in 1994, the military considered a proposal to research a "gay bomb" that would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other. As the BBC notes:
    The plan for a so-called "love bomb" envisaged an aphrodisiac chemical that would provoke widespread homosexual behaviour among troops, causing what the military called a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale.
    The military claims this proposal was immediately rejected, but the Sunshine Project says that it was still being pondered as late as 2001. I can't figure out who to believe. On the one hand, the idea is so laughable it would seem impossible anyone would take it seriously; then again, the military is so massively deranged about homosexuality that I can almost believe it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast