Thread: Green-Wood Cemetery

Default Green-Wood Cemetery

Has anyone here ever visited the Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn? It looks beautiful in pictures I've seen - I'm hoping to visit in the near future (before the end of November). Are the paths confusing or will I get lost easily? Has anyone bought their self-guided tour book? Is it worth purchasing? Sorry for the bundle of questions.. I just want to be prepared. Any additional information will be great. Thanks in advance!

It's not at all confusing and is a terrific place to visit (bicycling there is a great way to go).

Don't know about the guidebook ...

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

Green-Wood is a lovely place to visit. If you ask at either of the entrances they will give you a very good map (for free) with the lanes and prominent gravesites marked.

I would also recommend eating at the ecuadorian place that's across fourth avenue from the more eastern entrance on the south side -- sorry I don't know its name -- if you like ecuadorian food, especially seafood.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

Thank you for the information. I didn't know there would be a free map available, which was part of why I considered purchasing the guide book. I've never tried Ecuadorian food but I love seafood.. I'll look for it and check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Front_Porch View Post
    Green-Wood is a lovely place to visit. If you ask at either of the entrances they will give you a very good map (for free) with the lanes and prominent gravesites marked.

I would also recommend eating at the ecuadorian place that's across fourth avenue from the more eastern entrance on the south side -- sorry I don't know its name -- if you like ecuadorian food, especially seafood.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}