Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to learn a language

Default Want to learn a language

Hey guys, need some extra brain stimulation so im thinking of learning a language, probably french, any suggestions of where is best for this, i dont trust the google search.
    Last edited by Alonzo-ny; October 8th, 2007 at 02:41 PM.

ahh use french musik..that learns you..if your really into a band and you love them..like me with Rammstein and german you pick up the lanuage very easy..aye..am a german metaler and i love german metal now..more than my mother lanuange. so i learnt through musik sorta thing..
    hope that helps
    jemx

Been doin that actually it does work, it helps immerse you in the culture! But im thinkin a proper course to learn properly, and get me out the house!

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

I have had friends speak highly of Alliance Francaise: www.fiaf.org

Yeah i saw that one on my google search, i tried bmcc but found their site a bloody nightmare to navigate and couldnt find out prices or anything, fiaf is 545 for a 5.5 week intensive course which im considering, and another place i saw was 600. Im not sure i can enroll at a college as i am not legally a resident yet.

french difficult, guys!i may help you study russian if you help me study english, and i may tell you many interesting about russian girls)
    Last edited by Kilik-2008; October 14th, 2007 at 08:59 AM.

Question learning english.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik-2008 View Post
    french difficult, guys!i may help you study russian if you help me study english
    We once had a member from france (comelade) who did not speak much english, but he would post many photos/graphics/links, and as a result had got many responses to his posts.

Try posting some pictures (perhaps from russian websites) and you can practice/learn english with any responses you get.

At this point I get the feelng you are just pulling a prank here: but I may be wrong.

But if not - go visit the Comelade thread for some ideas.

cheers

Alonzo, just curious, what made you settle on French?

I would like to learn as many languages as I can throughout my life. I speak fluent Spanish, and I'm in the process of learning Greek. My next linguistic endeavor will be Arabic.

Quote Originally Posted by Front_Porch View Post
    I have had friends speak highly of Alliance Francaise: www.fiaf.org
    I have signed up now for a 5.5 week course! Any chance you could ask your friends a little about the course, like teaching methods, how the teachers were, how friendly and interactive it was? Id really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Alonzo, just curious, what made you settle on French?

I would like to learn as many languages as I can throughout my life. I speak fluent Spanish, and I'm in the process of learning Greek. My next linguistic endeavor will be Arabic.

I feel the same id like to speak a wide range, including french, spanish, japanese, maybe chinese, german, arabic, italian. In fact i wish i could speak every language.

Well i planned to learn spanish before i got here but im looking for a bit of brain stimulation and spanish wouldnt do that for me as i hear it on a daily basis. French is the classy, lingua franca after english language, sexiest language, i also love when french girls talk english so hopefully ill have a young female teacher! I am very interested in french culture plus the UK and france have a very intertwined history and Scotland and france had a long standing alliance at one point. Spanish would be useful but im just not interested in it and im bored of the culture.

Why dont you guys learn portuguese???

I Love ittt!

Lol ill put it on my list!

Quote Originally Posted by infoshare View Post
    We once had a member from france (comelade) who did not speak much english, but he would post many photos/graphics/links, and as a result had got many responses to his posts.

Try posting some pictures (perhaps from russian websites) and you can practice/learn english with any responses you get.

At this point I get the feelng you are just pulling a prank here: but I may be wrong.

But if not - go visit the Comelade thread for some ideas.

cheers
    hm)if you need picture,graphics,photos, may be russian music, i can help you, but i need The reference, where i can to load this objects!

^ i like russian.. i can count to 3 in russian and say "look" in Russian thats it..

Quote Originally Posted by jemstone123 View Post
    ^ i like russian.. i can count to 3 in russian and say "look" in Russian thats it..
    ты знаешь русский язык? You know Russian Speech?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast