Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: East Orange, NJ

  1. #16
    Forum Veteran Newarkguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    University Heights,Newark
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    The new building in the background behind the shoprite, is the Martin Luther King plaza. One of two adjacent dense market residences with sidewalk retail. They are about 8 years old.

  2. #17
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Has New Jersey Transit ever thought to reclaim the space under the East Orange and Brick Church Stations like they did in South Orange?

  3. #18
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Whats going on next to the Orange Station?

  4. #19
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default


  5. #20

    Default

    I'm sorry but that map looks like a waste of time/money/resources. East Orange has some beautiful architecture on those streets with this so-called proposed light rail expansion. Let's please build out on current ROWs (a bit closer to the downtowns maybe?) instead of eminent domain'ing the residents out of their homes for these stations in the middle of nowhere.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    waste of time/money/resources
    whose?

  7. #22
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    ROW is already there , it would run past a few prime TOD sites and a historical landmark...

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    whose?
    The taxpayers of East Orange and NJ (who else would pay for this?) I'd rather they fund the rest of NERL, resurrect a few of the abandoned Newark City Subway stations, and even the MOM (Great Adventure via rail, count me in!) But hey if you're convinced that the rail line paralleling Dodd is a good plan, I'm willing to listen. I see the ROWs now that Nexis was talking about.

  9. #24

    Default

    The taxpayers paid Nexis for the 5 minutes it took him to produce that map? I am confused, section08.

  10. #25
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    The taxpayers of East Orange and NJ (who else would pay for this?) I'd rather they fund the rest of NERL, resurrect a few of the abandoned Newark City Subway stations, and even the MOM (Great Adventure via rail, count me in!) But hey if you're convinced that the rail line paralleling Dodd is a good plan, I'm willing to listen. I see the ROWs now that Nexis was talking about.
    State & County would be on the hook for most of this , just like with any other large scale infrastructure project. Great Adventure will never gets own line , not enough year round users to ever justify the costs....even the bus route doesn't do that well...

  11. #26
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    The taxpayers paid Nexis for the 5 minutes it took him to produce that map? I am confused, section08.
    I wish I were paided , but someone else created the map...

  12. #27

  13. #28

    Default Two Orange Developments April 12th

    All of the following are on my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

    32 Lincoln Avenue next to Orange train station




    141 South Harrison, as seen from Brick Church Station









  14. #29
    Forum Veteran Newarkguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    University Heights,Newark
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    I'm sorry but that map looks like a waste of time/money/resources. East Orange has some beautiful architecture on those streets with this so-called proposed light rail expansion. Let's please build out on current ROWs (a bit closer to the downtowns maybe?) instead of eminent domain'ing the residents out of their homes for these stations in the middle of nowhere.
    That IS a railroad right of way.
    Thats the abandoned Orange Branch of the Erie Lackawanna Railway.
    Last edited by Newarkguy; April 14th, 2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling

  15. #30

    Default

    They should extend the Light Rail, only it should connect directly with Orange Train Station. There are quite significant population densities there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. East River Plaza Mall
    By DominicanoNYC in forum New York Real Estate
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: December 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM
  2. Station Renovation - East New York
    By Gulcrapek in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 30th, 2004, 09:59 AM
  3. East Coast Greenway
    By ZippyTheChimp in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 9th, 2003, 09:37 AM
  4. East River - large file
    By ZippyTheChimp in forum Photos and Videos of New York
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 31st, 2003, 04:50 AM
  5. 420 East 61st Street - Any info?
    By MikeV in forum New York Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 29th, 2002, 08:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software