Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there ANYWHERE in NYC where I can pull this off?

Default Is there ANYWHERE in NYC where I can pull this off?

I want somthing somewhat close to Brooklyn beceause I have a job offering there.

I want 1 or 2 bedroom condo that's $120,000, with a balcony. In a neighborhood that's atleast 50 percent white. Somewhere like Manhattan where it's so populated I don't have to or want to buy a car. I'de like to live in Manhattan but nothing over there comes anywhere near my pricerange.

Default Brooklyn at a budget

There is a very nice place in Brooklyn for bargain hunters like you. The place is called East New York, Brooklyn. It's a 10 minute subway ride from Wall Street. You will feel right at home with the specifications you mentioned.

Why don't you pay the neighborhood a visit. You won't be dissapointed.

P.S. By the way, don't forget to bring your downpayment ca$h with you.

Shouldnt your name be xenophobia?

Question for the studio audience: if the fellow had said "I'd like to live in a neighborhood that is largely Italian"... would that be xenophobic?

Or "I'd like to live in Chinatown"? or if he had said "the Upper East side is for me" Would that be ok?

Perhaps the fellow should be applauded. After all, 50 percent white means the other FIFTY PERCENT is of another race (if he is indeed even white).

I'll bet compared to most here, this fellow is down right progressive.

Tone implies he is reserved to the fact it is an impossibility to get a 100% white neighbourhood and it implies he wants to live among as little non whites as possible.

Like most who choose to live in Soho, Tribeca, Upper East Side...etc?

What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Perhaps the fellow should be applauded. After all, 50 percent white means the other FIFTY PERCENT is of another race (if he is indeed even white).

I'll bet compared to most here, this fellow is down right progressive.
    -----

But are you implying that people who live in the neighbourhoods you specified are doing so simply because the white population is bigger?

He is fine with living in a NY neighborhood where the population is half non-white.

I think ( my conjecture) most of the people who live in the neighborhoods I described would never do so.

The person stated a preference for a neighborhood that is "at least 50% white."

All I can infer from this is that the person is white, and (like many people of all races) may not be comfortable living in a neighborhood in which they are an obvious minority.

It doesn't automatically follow that this preference shows a stereotypical negative regard for other races.

You got the wrong impression, I'm not racist. I'm actually Jewish, I just don't want to feel like a minority in the sence that I'm the only while person in a primarily black or hispanic neighborhood.

I just don't want to live in any of those neighborhoods that are extremely culture oriented. Such as a neighborhood that's 90 percent Italian, Jewish, Black, Hispanic, Asain, ect.

Where I'm from, Florida, the neighborhoods aren't as defined and everywhere has a little bit of every type of person. I'm not looking for a dramatic change from that.

Thanks for the help so far, I'll be sure to check out that neighborhood, it sounds real interesting.

Thank GOD you turned out not to be a nut.

I would have been so embarrased.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Wink

Well if (s)he doesn't want culture oriented, by all means avoid anything near a museum or concert hall!

10 Barclay = Decepticon Optimus Prime's Avatar

The post about East New York was a joke. Right? Surely? Anyway, by all means, do some research on it, but I think you will find it's not what you're looking for.

120k...hmm. You really are looking for a needle in a haystack there. That may buy you a port-a-potty under the Willis Avenue Bridge. Unless maybe you're eligible for affordable housing? Even then, a lot of those places are at least 250, 300.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast