Thread: photo request! 46th st & broadway/times square webcam...

Question photo request! 46th st & broadway/times square webcam...

Hi, on earthcam for times square, theres one very popular camera that locals and/or tourists wave into every 30 seconds! Its the camera with the two phoneboxes showing, for "46th st and broadway":-
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare
    Ive always wondered exactly what everybody sees when they look into the webcam, how big it is and whether theres a rather large sign telling people to 'wave at the world', as an example, or something similar... ive been trying to find a photograph of what people can see, but ive had no luck! does anybody have any photos of it, or know if theres a specific website showing me the actual webcam? from earthcam it would seem on the left hand side there might be a tourist shop, as I can usually see a stand with postcards. I would love to be able to see what the tourists are staring into as they wave, if anyone can help with any pics or info?!

scott, scotland, with too much time (although not enough cash for the 6 hr one way journey from glasgow to NY! would love to visit one day though) thanks

Hi Scott, I used to watch this camera and I noticed that a lot of tourists would phone home and tell their relatives/friends to log on so that they could see them in Times Square and chat to them at the same time.

Also Earthcam records stills from this camera at certain times of the day so by being there at these times you could look up pictures of yourself when you return home.

Here is the camera, well as it was when I was there in 2007.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earthcam 080607 037 crop_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	8934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earthcam 080607 037 crop_edited-2.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	8935  

thanks for that!

im surprised for one of the most watched cameras on earthcam/web in general, that theres no large sign or description next to it-with someone, tourists or locals, always waving into it, it just goes to show how populated new york really is.. mind you, i would say that anyway, with most us states being alot bigger than the whole of the uk! lol...

haha -- I never knew about that cam.

5 guys are calling home right now, and dancing and jumping up and down in front of the camera!

I passed there many times, and I streamed that webcam many times over the last few years, I have to say it is a very great idea and is very interesting, very cool indeed.