Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giants vs Patriots

"I admit, before the game it did seem like overkill to coat my helmet in glue, but it payed off." - David Tyree (not really)

That says it all!

so... anyone going to the parade????

Giants Baby!

Just starting to recover from our 25th Super Bowl party. No work today...or tomorrow.

Gotta go to a parade (after voting).

^^^ I'm going to the parade, but before voting (hey, polls don't close this 8 PM in Jersey)

Thumbs up

I have not seen a team play with this much heart since the Knicks of the mid 90's. The offese and especially the defense played their freaking hearts out. Goes to show that you can "outheart" talent and confidence.

So much crap I have been through with my teams like when Knicks lost all of those heartbreakers in the playoffs, the Mets loose to the Yankees in the WS and crapping up the division this year, the Giants getting embarrased against the Ravens and loosing the 49er game with all of those stupid bad snaps......
    Its about time I got to celebrate.

Truly the most special game I have ever seen, filled with so much intensity and heart and magic......speaking of magic, Eli-to-Tyree has to go down as one of the most incredible plays that has ever been witnessed in all of sports. INCREDIBLE! Everytime I think of it I cant help but smile as I remember how the bar I was in Salty Dog in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn exploded with glee and utter disbelief. What a helluva of a escape/circus catch!! Then the huge TD to Buress led to beer, napkins flying all over the place. WOW!! BEAUTIFUL MAN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenious View Post

Legendary.

****ing Legendary.
    Legendary is right Eugenious

GO GIANTS!!!!! 2008 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!
    Last edited by TREPYE; February 4th, 2008 at 05:05 PM.

Well, I went to the parade. Some members such as JCMAN was there (it was cool meeting you!). It was just AWESOME to see some many people come together like that. Truely amazing. I took some pics, I'll post them when I get the chance.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

^ Please do, would love to see them.

Next up is to see Eli go on the David Letterman show tomorrow (Wednesday night).

I finally am able to type. What a SUPER BOWL! Didn't go to work yesterday - a self-proclaimed holiday. Couldn't get enough of the coverage on t.v. (not to mention one of the most sever hangovers in memory). Got to the office today just in time to look out the window all morning...

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaNYC View Post
    so... anyone going to the parade????
    Saw it from my office. Then, after Eli, Strahan, and Coughlin passed, I went down into the crowd just to get a view from street level. Office view was better. Such an awesome and thrilling scene - even got a little choked up - to see people in NYC, mere feet away from the WTC site, so happy, Happy, HAPPY!

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Did you get to throw confetti out the window? Have you ever been to past ticker-tape parades and how did this one ranked up there as far as jubilation/revelry?

Can't you tell how much I had wanted to be there?

There are Lower Manhattan parades, and there are all other parades.

This parade rates up there with the '96 World Series, which is the best I've seen.

Zippy in his natural habitat.

^^ please tell me you're not the guy in the green jacket...

Omega And I had so much fun. It was truly unbelievable. I was real close right against the baracades and got amazing pics. I made it to New Jersey's celebration with 20,000 people in the stadium it was great!! ALso went to the NJ Nets game tonight and my guys lost a heart breakers, but they'll bounce back like always.

Default still in shock

that was awesome! man.... however now I'm a little confused I shortened my work week by two days and I've nly been at work today for an hour and half but already it seems like a long week.. does that mean I want to go home and soak it in some more?

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
    Did you get to throw confetti out the window? Have you ever been to past ticker-tape parades and how did this one ranked up there as far as jubilation/revelry?
    Yes, we got to throw confetti out the window, someone got bags of it from the lobby. Also threw toilet paper from the mens rooms and some old (and probably confidential) documents and reports out too from our offices and such.

I went to two other t-tape parades both after Yankee victories, this one seemed at least as jubilant as the others, but I had never seen the others from above, so it's hard to say. The streets could'nt get any more crowded and the cheers went up and down Broadway in literal waves. Some good stadium chants: DE-FENCE! G! I! A! N! T! S! GIANTS! etc...Awesome.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast