Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: National Pigeon Day - June 13th

Quote Originally Posted by luciedove View Post
    It seems there are not many independent thinkers here, only followers who do not use their brains or hearts.
    Ironic, no?

That is the problem with society in general -- people are afraid to go against the grain.
    Especially when "against the grain" ruins what you have been working on.

You never have taken woodworking classes, have you?

I am willing to bet if suddenly Mayor Bloomberg or a famous pop diva (sorry but I cannot name anyone since I do not follow pop divas) started idolizing pigeons, you people would follow.
    I will take that bet. How much money do you have?

Now do you mean "you people" as in the people on this forum, or people in general? Again you are generalizing to a group that is large enough to not only encoumas us here that disagree with yuo, but anyone that will fit into your insulting envelope.

Most of the people here do not follow "divas" and also do not hold Bloomberg as their mentor/leader.

You have to read a bit more there LD!

You are very typical of the mindset of the billions of human animals that make up our Earth -- not very original and not very smart or sensitive.
    Strange, without humand, pidgeons would NEVER have become such a large contingent in the avian world. So without these millions of people, who co-incidentally do not like pidgen poop, nests, and plumage, these birds would not be so numerous as to warrant control.

More irony.

We need ideas, but not from the peanut gallery who make up this Forum.
    Please leave. Now. You are being insulting DIRECTLY to the people on this board. You are not making fun of beliefs, but outright calling individuals animals, monsters, idiots and the like.

Until you, and your small-minded insecure positions mature enough to encompass more than what you hold as important because it is one of the few things that you can feel you have influence in, until that happens, you will only see people who do not agree with you as wrong.

And since your arguments have little, if any factual basis, you resort to the political-emotional ploy of discrediting or villifying the holders of those opinions rather than addressing them directly and admitting that you may just be incorrect in your dietal facination with the vermin you adore.

Or you may just want Zip to post more chimp photos.

Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Well, I'm not certain what she does these days, but when I worked for Cher the first thing she did was hand me one of THESE ...

That does not kill them, it just tenderizes them a bit....

Pigeons mate for life.

This may somewhat explain their neurotic behavior in public.

Hold on, aren't there restaurants that serve pigeon??? Shouldn't LD be going to buy some oaktag to make protest signs for these places rather than bother our inncoent good time with her nonsense?

^ I know a place that serves them - the only problem is they are very expensive and don't taste very nice, a bit like rubber. I'm assuming of course Lucie and her friends are vegetarians and wouldn't dream of eating the flesh of another animal?

I'm at a bit of a loss when she defends Pigeons so passionately, especially when there are scores of other species on the edge of extinction , in fact after reading a few lists of endangered species after reading this thread, i'm considering joining Greenpeace (so at least i can thank Lucie for that), but then of course having no brain / heart what's the point.

Lucie, i've got an idea for your group, go out, have a few drinks and get l**d. But if i lived in New York i'd love to come along just to see who turns up at your meeting - is there a London branch of your group? i could go to that (complete with pellet gun of course).
    Last edited by Meerkat; March 22nd, 2008 at 05:31 PM.

Be nice Merk!!!!!

But I agree with you in that it is odd, and a tragic waste, that thee people put so much effort into "saving" a species that is in NO WAY in need of any help from anyone!

It's like raising charity funds to save Donald Trump's Hairpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    Be nice Merk!!!!!

But I agree with you in that it is odd, and a tragic waste, that thee people put so much effort into "saving" a species that is in NO WAY in need of any help from anyone!

It's like raising charity funds to save Donald Trump's Hairpiece.
    There is NO saving of "The Hairpiece"...that thing is a tragedy.

Donald Trump: It's NOT a hairpiece!!!! it's a combover........

Exactly - thats the point i was trying to make, if they were dying out i'd have some sympathy.

Anyway i've now signed up to Greepeace, so watch out for me on the news, strapped to some Japanese whaling boat.......

Donald Trump wears a hairpiece? I thought that was a pet Ferret on his head

Donald Trump: It's NOT a hairpiece!!!! it's a combover........

I must say.....I'M STUMPED! Is it a comb over??? Is it a hair piece??? One will never be able to tell.

You're Fired! ©®TM

Okay LD..here is your mission....Find out where this sign is posted. Good luck and report back when mission is accomplished.

Default National Pigeon Day - A Pigeon Blitz in New York

please refer to our blog for speaking schedule:
    http://www.nationalpigeonday.com

Friday, June 13

4 - 8 pm

Pilgrim Hill in Central Park
    New York, NY
    (enter on northwest corner of 5th Avenue @ E. 72nd Street)

Entertainment, political activism, materials distribution, candlelight prayer service with guitar accompaniment and pigeon shaped cookies. Learn how carrier pigeons Cher Ami, GI Joe and Winkie saved the lives of more than 1,000 men in wartime. Become part of Project Pigeon Watch and have fun learning about our fascinating NYC residents.

Amanda Tree will host and play her music for National Pigeon Day.

Special Guest Joe Franklin

Speakers include:

Council Member Tony Avella, Nellie McKay, In Defense of Animals, Deacon Joseph Dwyer, Janice Fredericks, United Poultry Concerns, Raghav K. Goyal and Ana A. Garcia, Amanda Tree.

The New York Bird Club wishes to thank In Defense of Animals who will provide a banner, Hanna Fushihara Aron who will bake pigeon shaped cookies, God's Creatures Ministry who will provide candles, the United Federation of Teachers Humane Education Committee who will bring Pigeon Watch materials for distribution, all speakers and contributors and all our pigeon friends who advocate on behalf of our beautiful birds.

I shall be away from the city on a little hunting trip ...

Hope the local birds behave themselves on their special day.

Whatayamean hunting?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast