Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 - two year anniversary

Thumbs up

Im in.

Default Again in July?

If at all possible, could we meet at Maggie's Garden for J.B. again during the last 2 weeks of July? That is when I am planning on making a trip back to the city.

I was quite bummed that I didn't get to visit the garden in March when I visited, but would still very much like to see it.

Thanks,
    Ben

we'll see what the consensus is on here. i mean, myself and UnknownGirl knew JB personally and i think doing something as close to what would've been his birthday holds more sentimental value than a random date in July.

but again, we'll see what the response is on here first and when the WNY outsiders are free (namely people who went to high school with myself, UnknownGirl and JB)

Quote Originally Posted by The Benniest View Post
    If at all possible, could we meet at Maggie's Garden for J.B. again during the last 2 weeks of July? That is when I am planning on making a trip back to the city.

I was quite bummed that I didn't get to visit the garden in March when I visited, but would still very much like to see it.

Thanks,
    Ben

Maybe liase with Edward on this to maybe put an announcement at the top of the forum (like he did for the new webcam), this kind of thing is very important and it is easily missed outside the well traversed forums and especially way down at the bottom of the index.

I'm in a weekend works for me.

very nice. hopefully this happens and hopefully the end of next month. again we'll see what everyone says, not too many people responding yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo-ny View Post
    Maybe liase with Edward on this to maybe put an announcement at the top of the forum (like he did for the new webcam), this kind of thing is very important and it is easily missed outside the well traversed forums and especially way down at the bottom of the index.
    Like I said its very easy to overlook this thread way down at the bottom. Did you try Ed to ask if there could be an announcement?

haven't gotten around to it yet, been busy the last few days. is his username Edward?

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo-ny View Post
    Like I said its very easy to overlook this thread way down at the bottom. Did you try Ed to ask if there could be an announcement?

Yep, hes the boss.

so the announcement is up in all forums. still shooting for the 31st, guys and girls. anyone who is interested, please reply to let us know if that date works and what time would be good.

I'm sorry I haven't been around (for some reason I wasn't getting Forum notifications, but that seems to be fixed now), but yes, May 31st works for me. Whatever time is convenient for everyone else; I made sure to clear my schedule for that day. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and working in the garden.
    Last edited by UnknownGirl; May 11th, 2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Discovered typos :-/

still waiting to hear if anyone else is able to make it on the 31st

so i guess this isn't happening after all. the 31st is a week away and apparently nobody is coming

If more people chime in I will come.

So, are we doing this tomorrow? Because I would love to go, love to see everybody and everything, but seeing as it's less than a day away, and I've seen no news...was the decision made to cancel it? For the record, it's still listed as an upcoming announcement, so...I guess I'll check back later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast