Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 926

Thread: The Official Random Thoughts Thread

  1. #856

    Default

    I painted a couple of rooms at my sister's house today. I did it for a dinner, but I would have done it for nothing.

    I like to paint, usually alone. Sort of a Zen experience. It's mindless, but you have to concentrate.

  2. #857
    Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nairobi Hilton
    Posts
    8,511

    Default

    Can we change the title of this thread to 'soccer'?

  3. #858
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,773

    Default

    What'd I miss?

  4. #859

    Default

    Moved soccer post to new thread, where it will sit dormant for four years.

    NH, where you been, boy?

  5. #860
    Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nairobi Hilton
    Posts
    8,511

    Default

    Thank you!

  6. #861
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,773

    Default

    I got a job with the DOB... Not much space to surf at work....... not that I ever did in my other jobs! *guilty*

  7. #862
    Disgruntled Optimist lofter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC - Downtown
    Posts
    32,654

    Default

    Congrats on the new job, NH!

  8. #863

    Default

    Sitting in my comfy armchair this afternoon enjoying a nice cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich my thoughts for some reason turned to the question: 'why is North Dakota outside the Federal Reserve system and why is it doing so well'?
    After pondering on this for a moment I returned to finish my sandwich and pour myself another cup of tea. Everything must wait for tea,I will ponder further on this question another time.

  9. #864

    Default

    The GOP split Dakota Territory into two to get an additional two GOP senators (interestingly, the Dakotans, much like the Koreans, looked at their land as more of an east-west rather than a north-south split)

    The same cannot be said of the Carolinas - those were considered separate even in the colonial days.

  10. #865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wobert Wedford View Post
    Sitting in my comfy armchair this afternoon enjoying a nice cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich my thoughts for some reason turned to the question: 'why is North Dakota outside the Federal Reserve system and why is it doing so well'?
    After pondering on this for a moment I returned to finish my sandwich and pour myself another cup of tea. Everything must wait for tea,I will ponder further on this question another time.
    Oil

  11. #866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    The GOP split Dakota Territory into two to get an additional two GOP senators (interestingly, the Dakotans, much like the Koreans, looked at their land as more of an east-west rather than a north-south split)

    The same cannot be said of the Carolinas - those were considered separate even in the colonial days.
    Gerrymandering

  12. #867

    Default

    Oil and gerrymandering - are those the reasons? It seems so simple and there was me conjuring up all sorts of convulted reasons, silly me.

  13. #868
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Harlem
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    So I got randomly slashed in the back of the neck today by this woman I'd never seen before. Luckily the blade was pretty dull and it barely bled. But still... crazy is everywhere.

  14. #869
    Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nairobi Hilton
    Posts
    8,511

    Default

    Yikes I hope she is in custody and best wishes!!!

  15. #870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek View Post
    Luckily the blade was pretty dull and it barely bled. But still... crazy is everywhere.
    Wow that is a scary experience. A sharper blade, and you may not have been here to tell the story: echoes of TLOZ. Glad to hear THIS TIME the injuries minor.

    Take care: be well......

Similar Threads

  1. Random House
    By noharmony in forum New York Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: September 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
  2. Random House Building
    By MikeV in forum New York Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 21st, 2005, 04:32 PM
  3. Random Pics #2
    By ddny in forum Photos and Videos of New York
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 25th, 2003, 09:43 PM
  4. Random NYC Photos
    By ddny in forum Photos and Videos of New York
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 7th, 2003, 11:08 AM
  5. Official NYC Guide
    By Edward in forum New York City Guide For Visitors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 12th, 2003, 07:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software