Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast

Thread: The Official Random Thoughts Thread

Day Lily sprouts in my flower beds! YES!

Lofter, please tell us when you see the first forsythias...

Snowdrops and crocuses aplenty, with bluebells growing but yet to bloom, in my neck of the woods. Spring is starting to spring! It's interesting to see the birds in the garden, such as robins, blackbirds, doves, jackdaws etc fighting over territory and potential mating partners!

I've sensed a tiring (for want of a better word) of the site lately. The lack of any thread regarding the Germanwings crash in France nor one for the building explosion in NYC in recent days is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    I've sensed a tiring (for want of a better word) of the site lately. The lack of any thread regarding the Germanwings crash in France nor one for the building explosion in NYC in recent days is telling.
    I agree, also no mention, unless I've missed it, about the fire in the village.

For myself, I haven't gotten over the loss of Lofter, who was a big part of my interest here.

Stuff like this hasn't helped.

Now I rarely post threads or replies for news and politics. The only thing that keeps me here now is photography and architecture, and I think that's becoming tenuous.

Forum Veteran

I've had no energy.

I think part of the slowdown is that this used to be the place to get a first look at new developments, and that has been supplanted to a good degree by places like NYYIMBY and 6sqft.

I won't be surprised if Wired New York gets successfully hijacked by a bunch of wingnuts. It happened to Doonesbury, and it can happen to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    For myself, I haven't gotten over the loss of Lofter, who was a big part of my interest here.

Stuff like this hasn't helped.

Now I rarely post threads or replies for news and politics. The only thing that keeps me here now is photography and architecture, and I think that's becoming tenuous.
    I hear you. Do we know anything specific on Lofter or only that his extended absence does not bode well?

^ From a "closure" point of view, it would be beneficial to know one way or the other.

I created a thread for the explosion in the East Village, but only because it's topical, i.e. about New York City, and concerns both architectural/social history and the (now) tragic deaths of New Yorkers.

I think it's just as well no one has created a thread for the Germanwings crash, because we'd undoubtedly end up with the pointless analysis, conjecture, disagreements and unpleasantness that have plagued other news/politics threads here. It's a real turn-off.

I continue to post articles etc. because I love New York City and because I'm still unemployed after 7 months and therefore have the time. It's not the same here without our beloved regulars including Lofter and Ninja, along with several other now absent forum veterans, but it's still a place I feel at home in.

I'm still unemployed after 7 months
    Very sorry to hear that...Don't those idiot employers down there know what a catch you are?!
    (their loss is our gain )
    Fingers crossed that your situation changes (for the better), soon!

LOL, thanks SM , apparently not!

Just as I was about to post this, a dreaded blue screen appeared and my laptop rebooted, so I hope that's not a bad omen!

I hear you. Do we know anything specific on Lofter or only that his extended absence does not bode well?
    No, nothing definite.

I admit I have a problem

I keep coming back for the posts by you all. Hope lofter1 returns too.

This version of vBulletin is awfully dated could really use "likes" or upvotes/downvotes to keep people engaged. (For every post I've written, I would hit the like button on about 30x more.)

Forum Veteran

Happy Eastover.