Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Proposed - Dynamic Tower - New rotating skyscraper for New York - by David Fisher

Default H

Beware of those charming Italian guys in nice suits...

Scroll down to the list... it's pretty funny:

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/06...i_indictm.html

Hey NYC ,Tower Verre wasn't killed or scaled back yet. Stop jinxing our tower.

As for this pipe dream, it isn't happening.

Default Reminds me of Daniel Libeskind

It's a fascinating idea but I can't see it coming to fruition. That said, earlier in this thread someone posted that this should have been the Freedom Tower. There is some merit to that. What if the earlier version with the stupid lattice on top instead had a moving decorative structure similar to this building? Since this structure also incorporates windmills, a version such as that may have actually excited me.

Hilarious ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post

Beware of those charming Italian guys in nice suits...
    But I still can't figure out which of these two bits of tomfollery is my favorite:

• Overall, he spent $800,000 on "engineering reports." When he eventually submitted them to investors, the reports were, they noted, each two to five pages long, written in Italian, and contained exactly no engineering information.

• "According to several witnesses, Follieri kept various ceremonial robes, including robes of senior clergymen, at his office in New York, New York. One witness told [the FBI agent who wrote the complaint] that he/she had been traveling with him to change out of the monsignor's robes and put on the robe of a more senior clergyman in order to create the false impression that Follieri had close ties to the Vatican."

Just sitting on my balcony; sipping a cappuccino; posting on WNY; rotating.

The Dude Abides

Sounds like a mafia job.

If only such a building had been around 50 years ago, it would have made a great episode: "The Ricardos Buy a Condo"

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    I's a sign of our times that the biggest building projects are vanity developments only for the richest of the rich.
    Like the early 20th Century in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by STEAMWORKSNYC View Post
    Hey NYC ,Tower Verre wasn't killed or scaled back yet. Stop jinxing our tower.

As for this pipe dream, it isn't happening.
    I've never said Torre Verre was killed, but is facing alot of opposition. BTW You've just jinxed the rotating tower, Thanks!

This has smelled really fishy to me since I first read about the Plaza presentation, and the reports on his sketchy background are no real surprise.

I remember over a year ago, when I was living in Russia, there were various web sites that were abuzz after "Dr. Fisher" proposed this tower for the first time -- only then it was for Chicago, not Moscow. I guess some oligarch/corrupt bureaucrat heard the idea and really liked it...

But the guy is reported never to have built a building, he's lying about his degree, his Chicago project flaked into oblivion ... and what Italian is named
    "Dr. David Fisher," anyway?

My guess is that this man is peddling snake oil as much as a rotating building -- only some absurd Dubai sheik will probably try to see this into realization under the leadership of a charlatan. We'll see how well that turns out...

He speaks on the video Brainiac posted, but that is nowhere near an Italian accent. Turns out he's actually Israeli. Claims Italian citizenship.

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; June 25th, 2008 at 03:52 PM.

That brianac must enjoy your grey-matter fixation in recasting his or her WNY name ...

Default Next thing they'll be telling me is that Zippy's not a chimp.

Oh, I think he's a he, but then again, I was so convinced stache was a woman.

BTW: I don't understand your avatar.

I can make out the blue balls but not much else.

Opposable thumbs, baby.

I have no trouble with the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post

BTW: I don't understand your avatar. I can make out the blue balls but not much else.
    Another fixation of yours, I presume. This must have something to do with a Rorschach test that you needed to schedule, but didn't take.

But that is the way it goes - Modern Art, like that in my avatar, tends not to be contained in heavily ornamented frames, and is often too abstract and too disorienting for those who are accustomed to more traditional fare.

Now buildings that rotate ... well now, that is more than enough to get into rollicking humour that easily entertains.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast