Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed - Dynamic Tower - New rotating skyscraper for New York - by David Fisher

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Default Proposed - Dynamic Tower - New rotating skyscraper for New York - by David Fisher

NYC On List To Get Self-Powered Tower

Dubai Tower

By Natalie Dolce
    Last updated: June 24, 2008 01:28pm

NEW YORK CITY-When Italian architect Dr. David Fisher today revealed the launch of the Dynamic Tower at the Plaza Hotel here, the world’s first building in motion, to be constructed in Dubai and Moscow, he revealed that the third tower will be located in New York City. Although he did not reveal specifics about the Manhattan rotating tower, he said he was already in talks with developers.

Rotating Tower Dubai Development Ltd. headed by the Dynamic Group is the developer of the $700 million, 80-floor Dubai tower, which is entirely self-powered. The building will be 1,380-feet tall and apartments will range in size from 1,334 sf to Villas or Penthouses of 12,916 sf, complete with a parking space inside the apartment. Fisher told the audience that the building, which generates electricity from wind turbines mounted horizontally between each floor, will begin construction in the next few months.

The second Dynamic Tower revealed is planned for Moscow and is now in the advanced design phase, with pre-assembling of the units to start soon and completion scheduled for 2010. The developer is the Mirax Group, headed by Sergei Polonsky. Fisher told the audience that the construction cost of the Moscow tower--which will have 70 floors and be 1,310-feet tall--is $400 million.

"Our intention is to build the third Rotating Skyscraper in New York," Fisher stated. "Additional Dynamic Towers will be built around the world, following an expression of interest from developers, governments, and public officials to construct a Dynamic Tower in Canada, Germany, Italy, Korea and Switzerland."

Fisher explained that the Dynamic Tower has infinite design possibilities, as each floor rotates independently to create a building that constantly changes shape, resulting in a unique and ever evolving architectural structure.

Not only will the tower be self-powered, but it will be built entirely from prefabricated parts that are custom made in a workshop, resulting in cost savings, also requires far fewer workers on the construction site, thereby dramatically lowering construction costs, Fisher said. He explained that the first factory will be in southern Italy. Fisher said that each floor of the building can be completed in only seven days.

Copyright © 2008 ALM Properties, Inc.

I would love to get excited but this city has a habit of letting me down.
    I'm still mourning 80 South Street and the Guggenheim.

This is too good to be true. I would love to see this happen as well; but I'm not gettin my hopes up. But please let this be built.

The NIMBY/idiot excuse du jour: it rotates too much. The first two in the other cities will each be over 1,300 feet tall; with some luck, ours will be 300 feet tall.

More from curbed of the Dubai and Moscow projects...

The Moscow version...

Dr. David Fisher

^^I don't know how I'm going to avoid the glare..wha wha wha.............its gonna shine harmful rays through my window. Damm nimbys.

It's amazing though. Imagine a whole skyline of dynamic skyscrapers.

http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/

This should be the Freedom Tower, not that dated reject that David Childs dusted off from the old parts bin.

Developers are more to blame than Nimby's for the lack of creativity in New York. It seems good designs are released only when a project needs special approvals. There were no Nimby's on Far West 42nd Street and look what happened.

Sounds fishy to me...(no pun intended )

These towers look a whole lot like the Spire in Chicago. Now as with any new tower here in New York, I'm sure these low life NIMBYs will want a "Rotating" school built as part of this tower. Otherwise they will have other complaints such as "My view of the sunset is being rotated away from the sun" and blah blah. Overall, this is a revolutionary tower for NY. Perhaps this can be the replacement to 80 South Street. Imagine this tower being built along with Torre Verre

He proposed the same thing in Chicago a year ago. I haven't heard a thing about it since, so beware.

you really shouldn't judge this before you watch the intro video on their website!! seeing it in action is really awesome.

however i am VERY speculative on one built in NYC. what would the location be you think? midtown west? i cant see anything like this in downtown.

I don't know why they show so many images of the building
    with those sexy graceful forms, from subtle rotations of the units.
    Once everyone has a chance to rotate their space a few times chances are
    the building will forever look like the image on the far right
    in the photo below:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast