Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The Laureate - 2150 Broadway

I agree. This is a very nice addition to a very nice area.

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

I think there's more demand for $5 mm apartments than you think, as 1) some of my Tribeca customers move uptown and 2) families hit that demographic point where their kids are a little older and they want the park. However, limited views will be problematic at that price. I predict an initial wave of contracts for the apartments with better views, and then a stall.

ali r.
    {downtown broker who lives on the UWS}

An apartment without the better views is "a stall"? Aren't we being just a little bit snobby?

OH, I think I get it - an apartment that does not have windows with 'views' & 'good light'
    is like a 'stall'; as in a horses' stall.

That was a clever pun: not sure she 'intended' to be though.

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

Fab as always makes me look cleverer than I could by myself.

The building has had its balcony now (but I don't have photos ).

I've got a question about landmarking : why don't they landmark the whole Broadway corridor up to 96th ? I'm not saying that no building should ever been razed in that area, but at least check that new buildings add well to the neighbourhood, so that we don't end up with glass boxes in this till now preserved area.
    Same thing for Gray's Papaya building & its potential successor.
    Like others here, I don't like this chunk of low-rise buildings next and including the Papaya joint, the taller buildings around present their bland backwall, this needs to be hidden from our sight in some way...
    Last edited by hadronic; January 25th, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

Which apartments are the better views? I see possibly two lines. The rest face interior or north. As to the market for $5m to $8m apartments on the UWS, you could be right. There could be $250 million worth of demand pent up waiting for this building to go on sale. I have a hard time seeing it. Is the Harrison sold out yet or are there a few Sponsor scraps left still? I like the Laureate layouts better.

I agree. Initial wave of contracts then a lull.

It's a very nice addition to the UWS. The Harrison and Laureate garage entrances across from one another is bound to create some jams on the block but that's minor.

I am a bit surprised by the outdoor kid's playground on the interior. That canyon and all that brick will make those noises carry. And I have no idea what a piano lounge is for as an amenity except as a place for kids to take lessons -- which could actually be useful though that's but a guess. I was hoping we were done with the silly use of amenity spaces.

Do we know when the sales are going to start?
    Will they have 1bed apts ? The website doesn't show anything about 1bed apts, only 2bed+,

Thanks

MR

Quote Originally Posted by mikarap View Post
    Do we know when the sales are going to start?
    Will they have 1bed apts ? The website doesn't show anything about 1bed apts, only 2bed+,

Thanks

MR
    Surprised sales haven't started as they stated the intent to close in April. Could still happen but less likely.

As to 1 bedrooms, it doesn't look like there are any. The inventory mix on the "main" floor plate appears to be about half 4 bedrooms. Setback floors go up in price for outdoor space and the inevitable "penthouses" (which are no longer just the top floor in new developments).

Floor Plate:
    three 4 bedrooms
    two 3 bedrooms
    one 2 bedroom

So half the apartments are 4 bedrooms, each exceed 2,800 sq ft so if you are looking for a 4 bedroom but lower than $5 million you had best look elsewhere. More than half the apartments are going to exceed $5 million but exactly how many will require the offering plan to decipher.

I have heard that "showings" are happening though so call them up and get an appointment.

Does anybody have any info on when closings are expected to begin? I had heard they were aiming for June 1 but I'm wondering if that's still realistic. Seems like they put this place up in no time at all but I've been inside and the quality is really top notch.

I would love to live in this building.

Looks like timeless quality, and congrats to the folks putting down deposits.

I agree. I walked by last night. It's impressive. I hope that the new tower that rises on 78th and B'Way is as nice.

Quote Originally Posted by susant View Post
    Seems like they put this place up in no time at all but I've been inside and the quality is really top notch.
    I like the the 3/4 hight windows on the perimeter walls: I would presume the apartments inside are all quality. At this point it would be great to see some photos of the interiors - if you have any, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post them here on this thread.

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...l=1#post334803

It's not perfect, but it's damn close. In a perfect world, this would set the bar for future developments in historic areas such as the UWS. It's unassuming infill, yet it's classy, appropriate for the location, surprisingly detailed, contextual in height and massing, and the curved corner is awesome.

I love this building and Extell's new one on 86th and WEA. The new RAMSA building on Amsterdam is great too. I hope that whatever rises on 78th and B'Way is great too. When the POS that houses Gray's is finally razed, I'm buying beers for anyone who wants to celebrate with me. After that I want to see the Petco on B'Way and around 93rd come down. The UWS is generally pristene and just needs to lose a few warts. It would be like if Christie Brinkley or Salma Hayek had a pimple on their ass (I.e., perfection but for a minor blemish).

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast