Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Anyone At 37th And 6th Aug 21 Between 6:15pm- 730 Pm?

Default Was Anyone At 37th And 6th Aug 21 Between 6:15pm- 730 Pm?

Hello,
    This is my first time here, I was told by several people to post here any there HAS GOT TO BE SOMEONE IF NOT SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO WITNESSED WHAT HAPPENED AT 37TH AND 6 TH ON AUG 21 ST BETWEEN 6:15PM AND 7:30PM I don't want to give details--- becasue i want to know you were really there. but PLEASE COME FORWARD IF YOU DID WITNESS ME ( AMPUTEE ON THE MOBILITY SCOOTER GETTING RAN OVER IN THE CROSSWALK BY THE SUV-- THEN THE DRIVER ( TURNED OUT TO BE AN OFF DUTY NJ POLICE OFFICER) BEATING ME UNCONCIOUS. THERE had to be at least 30-40 if not more of you who were there. THE NYC NEVER FILED A REPORT--- THANK HEAVEN FOR SECURITY CAMERAS, 911 CALLS AND 30 MINS OF REPORTS TO 311.
    THE NYC POLICE ARE TOTALLY DENYING THIS EVER HAPPENED-- BUT WITH WHAT I JUST LISTED AND THE 5 DAYS I SPENT IN TRACTION AT THE HOSPITAL--- TELLS A DIFFERENT STORY. WE NEED YOUR HELP MY FELLOW NY'ERS. YOU ALL SAID YOU WOULD HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE COME FORTH WITH ANY INFO. I'M BEGGING YOU---- PLEASE DON'T ALLOW THEM TO SWEEP THIS UNDER THE RUG --AND ONCE AGAIN GET AWAY WITH POTECTING ONE OF THEIR OWN. ANY INFO AT ALL WITH BE EXTREMELY GREATEFUL

With "SECURITY CAMERAS, 911 CALLS AND 30 MINS OF REPORTS TO 311".... don't you have all the evidence you need to press charges?

If you haven't yet done it: Contact ALL of the local TV News stations.

Full of holes:

A Thursday evening rush-hour car-pedestrian accident on 6th Ave in Midtown, topped off by an assault on a disabled person, and nothing in the media?

911 called, but no ambulance?

No traffic jam?

How was it known that the driver was a NJ cop?

I wish I took some pictures...It was 36th and 7th.

Yea, I was walking from work with a friend when this happened. I was on the opposite side of Seventh watching along with a 3-deep crowd of onlookers.

I got there after the shirtless off-duty officer got out the SUV (that was nearly in the middle of the street.) I heard a woman yelling "asshole" at the officer and "how could you... he (you) is in a wheelchair." You were on the ground at that point and then hobbled up toward the officer who was parading around screaming. He reached for his gun in his pants several times and took it out at one point.

I did not know the deranged guy was an officer until a clearly upset guy next to me told me. The witness kept repeating "that's f*cked up, that's f*cked up....I asked him what happened and he repeated a lot of the same story you posted. A half-dozen police cars soon rolled up completely blocking off 7th. Many in the crowd were disgusted and yelling at the officers.
    Last edited by Derek2k3; September 2nd, 2008 at 11:53 AM.

OP is now banned

Will someone please explain what this is all about? Thanks.

What don't you understand?

The original story seemed like a hoax ..."full of holes"... it did not quite add up.

Yet Derek was there and described a very ugly scene. And certianly I put faith in Derek's posts.

But still the questions remain: A Thursday evening rush-hour car-pedestrian accident on 6th Ave in Midtown, topped off by an assault on a disabled person, and nothing in the media? 911 called, but no ambulance?

Now it appears the original poster is banned.

What's to understand?

^
    The original banning was by another moderator. It is up to that person or Edward to remove it. The reason wasn't just the post topic, but that the originator double registered. It seemed a hoax.

I had given my thoughts on this in the moderator forum, that a reply by the originator would settle the issue, but he was already banned.

(So there.)

In view of Derek's testimony, plaintiff should be reinstated. He deserves whatever redress this forum can provide.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

When are cops going to realize that sticking up for the few bad ones is only going to hurt the image and reputation of everyone else in their profession, even the good ones?

If the OP is going to be banned, at least give him access to PM so that he and Derek (and perhaps others that may come along later) can contact each other that way.

If the OP had a problem with a police officer, there is always the CCRB.

Forum Veteran

nobody in the crowd stepped in at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast