Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

Short answers, Joe. Just like you did at the primary debates.

Let Sarah do all the talking.

As has been said, the only thing he should focus on is the simple stuff.

Joe 6-pak is great to hang out with, but...

• Do you want him babysitting your kids?
    • Do you want him doing your taxes?
    • Do you want him performing your appendectomy?
    • Do you want him defending your BIL in that court case thingy....
    • Do you want him to QB your favorite pro football team?
    NO!!!

NO NO NO!!!!

You want to go have a 6-pack with Joe 6-pak! You want to invite him over for a barbecue. The last thing you want is someone fixing your car who thinks they know a lot about cars because they have looked under the hood while his was being serviced.

In the same vein, I do not want to send someone out to talk with Vladamir Putin who thinks they know them because the state they govern is physically close to it.

Does that mean that I know a lot about finances because I live close to wall street? Or that I know Martial Arts because of the Judo school across the street? (PS, neither are true! ).

The key for him is to deliberately get her off her talking points. She did well in her gubernatorial debates when all the topics were addressed on her cue cards. She is a commentator, not an administrator. She started in News and, GUESS WHAT? She is good at reading things out lout to a bunch of people!!!!!

But ask something that her book of GOP Mad-Libs can't address properly and you will see her trip herself up.

The key is to lead her to the top and just let her push herself down the stairs.

The McCain campaign needs a game-changer.

At the debate, look for a wardrobe malfunction.

^^^ Hopefully, from Palin, and not Biden.

Though, you're right about Biden just needing to give short, crisp answers. Nothing fancy, just keep it simple.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

She is doing very well so far in tonight's debate. I think she's holding up very well and may even be doing better than Biden at the moment.

Vast improvement over her last few public interviews. The coaching she must have received has worked very well.

She did very well, but it felt like she was tenaciously sticking to The Script (gotta love the get-out-of-jail-free card she gave herself at the beginning of the debate to dodge the questions) whereas with Biden you sensed that he was responding to things as he saw fit, not as some political advisor told him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by joe25 View Post
    go to

voteforthemilf.com....

Is there really such a website? I have to look for it.

I don't support her, but I did love all of the shots from the rear during the debate. She has a nice bum. I don't think I ever watched a political debate with a tube of lube in-hand. It's a good thing my wife was asleep.

By the way, for those of you with kids, can you believe how quickly her bod bounced back considering that she pumped out a baby a few months ago -- especially considering that she's 44.

Last edited by londonlawyer; October 3rd, 2008 at 11:37 PM.

I got a box of Obama waffles (only as a collectible),
    so tonight the company sent me an email with their lasted offering:To Celebrate the VP Debate!
    Sarah Palin's
    Mooseburger Helper

A New Edible Collectible!

On the Inside:

• Snowflake & Moose-shaped Pasta
    • Real Cheddar Cheese Sauce

On the Outside:

• A Fun Dose of Political Satire aimed at Sarah Pali

This was one of my favorite moments (aside from when Mrs. Palin repeatedly said "Nu - Kew - lar"):
    IFILL: What has this administration done right or wrong -- this is the great, lingering, unresolved issue, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict -- what have they done? And is a two-state solution the solution?

PALIN: A two-state solution is the solution. And Secretary Rice, having recently met with leaders on one side or the other there, also, still in these waning days of the Bush administration, trying to forge that peace, and that needs to be done, and that will be top of an agenda item, also, under a McCain-Palin administration.
    Mrw. Palin either can't seem to remember with whom Rice met -- or she doesn't differentiate between the two parties. Or maybe she was just too chicken to try and pronounce Tzipi Livni

[Transcipt of the debate from the NY Times]

I'm still trying to figure out if all Alaskans talk like that.

Default something to do while watching Sarah

Forum Veteran

I'm just waiting for the election to spiral down to people voting against Joe Biden because he had plastic surgery and voting for Sarah Palin because her daughter had a nice wedding and she managed to change her hairstyle & glasses to something people like even more.

Foreclosures and layoffs? Bah, who cares right?

Latte drinking Liberals, of course! :P

PS:

Palin Debate 101