Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYC's downfall?

Default NYC's downfall?

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=157818

okay i saw this in skyscrapers.com and people are discussing this.... it really scares me... i really like NYC and i do plan to go there in the future... but if it is going downhill like back to the 70's then i might have to think about it....is it true that its hard to find jobs in NYC? and is it true that its even getting harder to live there?

so i couldnt find a better place to ask this kind of question than here.. people who live it nyc know about ny better than anyone ells...

also read their comments as well.....because its really chaotic...

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

If you have fear regarding visiting NYC, it's better that you don't come here at all.

The mayor promised that the city would not repeat the mistakes of the 1970s, when thousands of public workers, including police officers, were laid off and New York City became known for its high crime rates, grafitti-scrawled subways and failing schools.

Isn't skyscrapercity the forum that is known for numerous idiotic posts by ill-informed adolescent types?

WiredNewYork rules!

NYC's problems are more of a national issue, at least with the economy.

Banned Member

AMERIKKKA is in the toilet. NYC really isn't a part of the country.

NYC downfall? Cites have downfalls? I think you mean the states in general, or the forum, whatever, and yes current events tell us that the US is going through a downtime.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Isn't skyscrapercity the forum that is known for numerous idiotic posts by ill-informed adolescent types?

WiredNewYork rules!
    No, not SSC.

SSP is the one the OP alluded to and actually, if you follow that link, you'll see that the discussion there is quite intelligent and very informed.

You'll also see that most there are saying to the contrary, that NY isn't in for a downfall.

All I learned that was worth anything from this thread was that ex-president Carter laid down the foundation for the sub-prime mess, clinton pumped it up on steroids but it's not much of a surprise that he would try to force lenders to make risky loans to people who didn't have access to credit which paved the way for greed from individual bankers and some large banks in general to bring about our current economic situation.

Carter was out in 1980.

Clinton didn't come in until 1992, and left in 2000.

But of course nothing of any consequence regarding regulation, taxation or policy happened in the 20 years missing from your timeline.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

aliendroid you are getting tedious in the extreme.

(glad you said it)

AD, clue.

If you are going to be that partisan, blaming the worlds woes only on the Democrats that were in charge for the past 30 years, ignoring the 12 years of Reaganomics/Bush repair, and the 8 years of Bush we have had on this end, you have to be a bit more solid in your position.

You just can't scream out "terrorists are bad" on this board and get everyone believing everythnig else you say.

If you want to be taken seriously in a debate, either scale back your suppositions (saying that the crash now is all Carter's fault) or provide more solid evidence thereof.

Right now you are just throwing lit matches into the barn window and waiting for the smoke.
    Last edited by Ninjahedge; September 22nd, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Carter was out in 1980.

Clinton didn't come in until 1992, and left in 2000.

But of course nothing of any consequence regarding regulation, taxation or policy happened in the 20 years missing from your timeline.
    Of course not.....

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    If you have fear regarding visiting NYC, it's better that you don't come here at all.
    no i dont plan to visit nyc, i plan to live there. yeah this post maybe rediculous to some of u, but to me its kind of serious. i love ny and i've always wanted to go there and yet i know nothing about the city (i lived in san jose since i was borned), thats y i was reading a lot of stuff from these fourms.... and a lot of people from skyscraper fourms are saying oh nyc is a really bad place to live, the new yorkers are just a bunch of blah blah blah...so yeah i dont live there therefore all the info i get is from u guys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast