Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Presidency

"Libtards"

Is that supposed to be an intelligent rejoinder?

Please, spare us.

Feeding trolls is strictly prohibited.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr messer View Post
    Breitbart is the only thing standing between libtards and the truth.
    Libtards???? Is Bob Dole's wife running for pubilc office once again? Libtards and her husband, Limp Dick, used to be such a power couple. Where did they go?

Oh wait, I just remembered that I don't care.

Today downtowners would be wise to avoid the area near West Houston Street and Sullivan Street, as President Obama will be dining this evening at the home of Anna Wintour.

Wintour's light grey brick townhouse sits within the little MacDougal-Sullivan Gardens Historic District [pdf], a sweet set of homes backing onto a full block of green:

These twenty-two row houses are smoove, as fresh and dewy and uniform in appearance as a newborn set of quints. There are few small differences for variety's sake. For example, the Sullivans' ground entrances are alternately topped with arches or ironwork; except for the left- and right-most ones, the MacDougals have paired first floor windows (originally entrances) with either lintels or fanned arches. And then there are the unusually vivid colors: some blacks, grays, and reds, but several blues, and with 180 Sullivan, a yellow. That all said, the continuous heights of lintels, sills, cornices make this district two real rows of row houses.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Default Great.

Then after dinner he can try on her wig.

Photoshop. Please.

lol! Then they can tip over to Bras & Girdles and throw back a few cocktails!

Default Later that same evening...

What might have been (a very similar pantsuit, starting at 2:25).

But nevermind ... inching back towards topic.

Speaking of OBAMA. Buyers remorse is the watchword lately regarding this new administration: but I am still HOPEful.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/...s_remorse.html

excerpt -

President Obama's disappointing performance has indisputably brought enormous buyer's remorse to many of his fans, the feeling that the "purchase" (i.e., voting for Obama) was a mistake. And while little can be done until November 2012, it may be useful to analyze why thoughtful people were seduced and, furthermore, learn to avoid future hoodwinking. In a nutshell, the American public was lead astray by conflating outward appearances -- "he seems so smart" -- with underlying substance -- "he is so smart." What we saw wasn't what we got.

Having spent four decades in top research universities, I questioned Obama's alleged stellar intellectual abilities from the beginning; he is smart, I said, but not that smart. Let me explain. These forty years of teaching and research has taught me that outward appearances do not necessarily signify exceptional intellectual talent. An "A" should never be given to students who just seem smart and faculty accomplishment is certified only by original research defended before knowledgeable peers. These are tough standards and professors regularly encounter seemingly promising students and job candidates who just can't get beyond clever glibness. Happily for over-matched student, however, tutoring or professorial kindness can push them toward a diploma, and when combined with their fine rhetorical skills, the diploma easily impresses non-expert outsiders.
    Last edited by infoshare; July 28th, 2010 at 07:45 PM.

Hope he's wrong; Sarah will be a thousand times worse.

That American Thinker appears to disregard Obama & team's actual accomplishments (as opposed to the somewhat awkward and seemingly endless attempts to get ahead of the daily news cycle).

Seems Mr. Weissberg thinks he himself is smarter than Barack, and if the POTUS would only come in for a bit of tutoring then the author could, with his deeper wisdom, make everything A-OK. That's nearly as adolescent as a country of folk believing that the sinkhole we're in could be turned around on a dime.

Banned Member

I won't vote for him again and I wouldn't be terribly upset to see any incumbent defeated in 2010. I'm a progressive. From my perspective, he and this "super majority" Democrat Congress have squandered an opportunity as monumental as the international goodwill that Bush squandered after 9/11. While no one will touch Bush's place as "worst president ever", Obama would not make it into the top ten. He's a complete corporatist and a complete sell out. All we get are figureheads in an election. In my househould, Obama gets the same reaction as Bush ---> change the channel whenever he is on TV. He's got a sweet way with bullshit - oops! I mean "rhetoric".