Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lay Offs...

Thanks very much, SM . Just chillin' for a few days and then I'll get stuck into the job hunting.

My new office...

...only kidding .

http://photoblog.newyorkcityfeelings...ork-by-kpstatz

Well, after a nice long 2-month "holiday" (mostly on purpose), I started a new job today . Less money (oh boy, has the market taken a nosedive!), but it'll pay the bills. I'm a great believer in fate and I just happened to time things perfectly. Registered with about 20 employment agencies one day and that very afternoon got the magic phone call. Now I just have to get used to being a newbie again after 10 years in one job .

^Congrats Merry. I took a similar 2 month break when I left a job I had been in for ten years back in 2010. It was great but the wolf soon starts coming to the door!

Awesome news (except the part about the cut), but congratulations!

I firmly believe that if you stick around long enough, eventually they're gonna getchah.

About 5 years ago, after a 30 year tenure, I was 'riffed' from my position with a global financial service firm. It took me a while, but I landed a similar position with another global firm and have since moved on to yet another. I am very happy with my current job situation.

3 morals to the story:

• There really is no stigma attached to losing your job in today's market - it happens to smart capable people and is emblamatic of the fickle nature of corporations and companies all over the world.
    • Although it doesn't always seem that way, if you keep your head up, and maintain a positive outlook, ultimately things will work out for the best.
    • When you are down on your luck and need moral support, networking assistance, empathy, good council or an evening out, it is often the people you least expect that come through for you, or in some cases disappoint you.

Good luck and congratulations, Merry.
    Last edited by eddhead; October 29th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

^^^ Thanks, guys .

Sometimes, employment hard knocks can be a blessing in disguise. Being made redundant twice after lengthy durations of service sure was for me, despite the unpleasantness and reductions in salary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123