Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's been 3 years...

Yesterday I read J.B.'s story and was quite moved by the post' on the various threads here. Tonight I am at home after a long day and I put on Dvorak's 9th and as Largo rose to its final crescendo, thoughts of J.B.'s brief but potent presence in this life, in New York, overwhelmed. I know this young man's story thanks to all his friends, family, and acquaintances on this forum. There are some powerful, selfless hearts in these fora and I want you to know that I read your words and saw your deeds to preserve the memory of J.B. A fine bunch of Human Beings, God Bless all of You.
    Well thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can imagine you listening to that music. It was such a senseless and horrific tragedy. I will never forget the sadness I felt after opening Wired New York and seeing the news of his death. When I think of it again, like just now after your post, I still get teared up just thinking of how it all went down. Of how young he was...and brilliant...and how he wanted to make his city a better place.
    Part of him lives on, through his thousands of posts on this forum, and also through the garden. I'll certainly never forget that day when we came together for the planting. Big ups to BrooklynRider for his efforts coordinating the whole thing, which were monumental.
    -J.B., rest in peace my man-

Your very welcome MG. The arch of JB's life continues with memories and deeds. JB was blessed to have friends such as yourself.

Just a quick note to say that right when I got the "New Comment" notification for this thread, I was listening to a song by one of my favorite bands, one whose second album (which the song I was/am listening to is from) always makes me think of JB. So that was a nice bit of synchronicity...and I'm not sure why I wanted to say that, except maybe to say to people who'll understand that I haven't forgotten JB, that I think of him often, and that I'll always remember him.

And today marks 4 years. It's really gone by fast, seems like just yesterday we were at the memorial :-(

RIP JB

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGirl
    Just a quick note to say that right when I got the "New Comment" notification for this thread, I was listening to a song by one of my favorite bands, one whose second album (which the song I was/am listening to is from) always makes me think of JB. So that was a nice bit of synchronicity...and I'm not sure why I wanted to say that, except maybe to say to people who'll understand that I haven't forgotten JB, that I think of him often, and that I'll always remember him.
    Last edited by Taz; April 5th, 2010 at 03:04 AM.

4 years... still so tragic that a promising life was taken away so early, and in such a manner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12