Thread: 25 Murray Street a.k.a. Tribeca Space - Condo - Tribeca

Default 25 Murray Street a.k.a. Tribeca Space - Condo - Tribeca

Anyone has info about this building (developer, financial status etc)? Looks like another condo gone rental:

http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/buildi...treet-new_york

Thumbs down 126 Church Street aka Tribeca Space / 25 Murray Street

The one in question seems to be the much-troubled Tribeca Space, which also boasts the address of 25 Murray Street. it sits just outside the LPC-protected Tribeca Historic District, but only sucks off the cachet of its location while adding nothing much to its surroundings.

Here's their website

Perhaps this one is now being re-branded with the different street address to make it more difficult for possible occupants to link it to the on-going litigation and (shoddy?) less than stellar (shoddy?) workmanship which has been much reported and posted at WNY in it's very own thread HERE.

It's an ugly piece of work from the street. The additon up above is painfully plain. A Palace of Dryvit. With a stack of ugly mechanicals above the low setback facing onto Church Street. The developers should hang their heads in shame for what they've come up with on this one.

FYI to Tribeca Mews LLC: No, the additon of misplaced quoins don't turn a pile into anything better. It's still a pig's ear.

Why I wasted space on my cam for this one I don't know (rampant ugliness must be documented as well, I guess).

I took these about 1 year ago. Hope they don't hurt your eyes:

I Hate this Tribeca Pile of Space

Wow. Just wow. Manhattan deserves better. What did the old office building look like? Hard to imagine it looking worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    With a stack of ugly mechanicals above the low setback facing onto Church Street.
    That went up early in the construction, and the placement was so ridiculous that I thought it was temporary until the addition was complete.

The addition on the NE corner of Warren St is even worse. Similar projects were planned between Church and W Broadway, but the historic district extension to Murray St was fast-tracked.

The building at Church & Warren is just as ungainly. The office groundscrapers further down Church almost put the nail in the coffin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	war38.01b.photo.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	7207  

^
    What's amazing about that project is that the old building, like others on the east side of Church St (Cary Building at Chambers), was not originally part of the streetwall. That happened when the street was widened.

The architect had an opportunity to correct it, but instead he designed in the same lot-line effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    ^
    What's amazing about that project is that the old building, like others on the east side of Church St (Cary Building at Chambers), was not originally part of the streetwall. That happened when the street was widened.

You mean the west side, not the east, right?