• Neutral\Need More Info

1 50.00%
  • Needs Improvement

0 0%
  • Hate It

0 0%

Thread: World Commerce Center-3d Model/Plan

Lightbulb World Commerce Center-3d Model/Plan

Well I figured I would post this. I am representing a team of architects that is designing a large complex of buildings in Lower Manhattan. More specifically the seaport district. As im sure many of you know there are a few historical structures in that area, and I would like to make it clear that we are NOT interested in demolishing these wonderous pieces of history Now im absolutely sure that there will be many negative comments/questions but I am just the messenger, dont kill me. Well just for a little insight this complex is closely based on the original World Trade Center. The plan currently consists of 6 new buildings (two 140 floor "Twin Towers" and 4 lower structures) located on an elevated superblock. This superblock plan is bound by Gold Street, Frankfort Street, South Street/FDR Drive, and John Street. In th underground concourse is a large shopping mall and transit center. Im not going into the very specific details that are in this plan because I dont think any of you want to know/care. As shown by the title of the thread a 3d model will be made that will show the plan in detail. Suggestions are welcome. Also, plan at this point may also be moved back due to the many important historical structures so that it will be bound by John Street, William Street, Frankfort Street, and Pearl Street. That would perserve the entire seaport district and in my opinion is the more favorable of the 2 plans.
    Last edited by Mr. Lion; September 28th, 2009 at 11:11 PM.

So there isn't enough demand to build the new WTC and you want to build... another one?

This is a thought experiment, right?

If you need more area for assemblage I'll sell you the bridge just to the north.

It's not closely based, it is just the WTC in a different location by the sound of it.

"I" am not buildign anything. No it is not a though experiment. And as one of you said it before it is similar to building another world trade center (but not in name)

Quote Originally Posted by NoyokA View Post
    If you need more area for assemblage I'll sell you the bridge just to the north.
    hahaha. No bridges or national landmarks will be demolished.

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lion View Post
    Im not going into the very specific details that are in this plan because I dont think any of you want to know/care.
    Details please. For starters - are the parcels even purchased/assembled and is a developer funding this design phase? Call me a skeptic but this reminds me of Solow's east side project, which has gone and is going nowhere.

We need alot more details. Like why it is being proposed and why it is basically a WTC copy instead of a new design.

Mr Lion: I'm asking you for specific plan details and who or what you represent.

This is starting to look troll-ish to me.

All we have from you is two sites. You say the plan is WTC similar, but your site A is 32 acres, and the smaller site B is 24 acres. Site A takes up almost all of the Seaport Historic District, and site B eliminates NY Downtown Hospital.

You have the rest of today to respond with plan information, or this thread will be closed.

Banned Member

Do you have a master plan drawn out that we could see?

Well im glad to see that some people are interested. Well the plan has been officialy been moved one block west so that it will perserve the Seaport District. No land has been purchased. This plan is still deep in the design phase so many details will not be released imediately. Many elements of this plan appear to be a "copy" of the original World Trade Center, however it is very much different on the inside. I can't release any blueprints as if this complex is constructed it will becoem a security issue. A rough site plan will be availible very soon and a much more proffesional and acurate plan in a few weeks. I would be thinking oddly of this plan as well if I were you (and i kind of am) but all i can say is it will become a great complex. If any of you are interested or want more info just email me at das_g_lion@hotmail.com. I am on windows live messenger all the time.

Sorry Mr Lion. not good enough.

I doubt you have any blueprints on a project no has heard of, involves almost no vacant land, and will eliminate a hospital.

You should at least have a webpage.

This thread is closed. When you have something more substantial, PM me with the info, and I'll reopen the thread.