Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 678 Lexington Ave.

Default 678 Lexington Ave.

In July of 2009, therealdeal.net reported the following transaction:

Midtown East package map Development site ING Clarion n/a Berkshire Capital n/a $13.5M ING Clarion reportedly bought out Berkshire's stake in seven lots, located at 131, 13 and 135 East 56th Street, and 678, 680, 682 and 684 Lexington Avenue, for $13.5 million. ING Clarion was an equity partner in Berkshire's $52 million purchase of the properties last year. July 2009

Today, Curbed.com reported that these parcels are all empty (except for one). Hopefully, demolition is imminent, and hopefully, something nice will be built there.

An intersection with crud of various sorts on all four corners ...

If they do build on the site mentioned above then that will be one down, three to go.

I hate the TGI Fridays and Bellmarc across the street from this, and I'm not a fan of the big 1950s/60s brick residential buildings on the south east and south west corners of 56th and Lex.

I assume that they're rent-regulated or coops, and therefore, will remain. Isn't the creamish one by Candela, in which case, preservationists wouldn't let anyone touch it.

Post Rosiario Candela

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    ......... Isn't the creamish one by Candela, in which case, preservationists wouldn't let anyone touch it.
    Recognizing buildings by Rosiaro Candela now LL: I think you may turn out to be the next Andrew Alpern.
    (Lawyer AND Architectural Historian)

Anyway, this would be a good book to look into for an answer to your question - also by A.Alpern.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/26/re...ve-820504.html
    http://www.hennesseyingalls.com/henn...AAAAOGFLKDLKBE
    Last edited by infoshare; November 19th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

A close up view of the cream colored one at Google Map shows it's 667-675 Lexington / 138-144 East 56th.

According to Emporis, the architect there was Greenberg & Ames and it went up in 1956. By the looks of things it was given a really bad brick re-clad in the 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by infoshare View Post
    Recognizing buildings by Rosiaro Candela now LL: I think you may turn out to be the next Andrew Alpern.
    (Lawyer AND Architectural Historian)

Anyway, this would be a good book to look into for an answer to your question - also by A.Alpern.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/26/re...ve-820504.html
    http://www.hennesseyingalls.com/henn...AAAAOGFLKDLKBE
    Thanks, Infoshare. I try to contribute something besides sophmorish comments about MILFS and crappy buildings!

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    A close up view of the cream colored one at Google Map shows it's 667-675 Lexington / 138-144 East 56th.

According to Emporis, the architect there was Greenberg & Ames and it went up in 1956. By the looks of things it was given a really bad brick re-clad in the 1991.
    Thanks for the info, Lofter.

I walked by here on 9 Feb 2010, and something definitely is happening here. All of the stores are empty, and I'd guess that demolition will occur in a few months.

LL: You gotta get a camera.

I never carry one, and my cell phone battery was dead. It looked like the store in the building that has the Harley Davidson logo is closing too. This will be a nice assemblage. Hopfully, the crappy Belmarc and TGI Fridays across the street will be redeveloped too.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/realestate/commercial/one_broadway_deal_rOYOX2zTUWxSNZGKD9v4FL[/url

March 17, 2010

Posted: 12:49 AM, March 17, 2010

Lois Weiss - Between the Bricks

The Turkey-based Kiska Development has bought the development site at the northwest corner of 56th Street and Lexington Avenue for $33.9 million, or $386 a square foot.

The lot can accommodate 88,000 square feet of development, and while the expectations are that the space will hold a hotel, its flexible zoning means it could host offices, retail or residential.

Kiska, which is led by Kagan Gursel, created the Marmara-Manhattan extended stay hotel on East 94th Street, which was converted from a condominium. Gursel runs Marmara out of Istanbul.

The site encompasses seven vacant small buildings and runs from 678, 680, 682 and 684 Lexington Avenue around the corner to 131, 122 and 135 East 56th Street.

Eastern Consolidated's Ronald Solarz and Eric Anton represented the seller and the buyer in the transaction, while Alan S. Cohen, Gregg Schenker and Steven Hornstock of ABS Partners Advisory Services served as an adviser on the deal.

A related ABS Partners unit, ABS Partners Real Estate, will continue to manage the property.

lois.weiss@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/realestate/commercial/one_broadway_deal_rOYOX2zTUWxSNZGKD9v4FL#ixzz0iQgl UDEi

This building is somewhere is the area. It perturbs me. A little Shanghai in the city.

astikhin

putrid.

It's a real POS.

Has demolition started on the buildings on Lex?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    It's a real POS.

Has demolition started on the buildings on Lex?

Not yet....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast