Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC Flint Travels #1

Default NYC Flint Travels #1

I finally found time and ability to get out of my house and do walk a little bit in NYC. It was a beautiful day and I made quite a trip of about 12 miles on foot.

Battery park, Downtown, WTC, Wall Street, Fulton Fish market, Beekman Tower, Chinatown, SOHO, East side HWY, Chelsey, Clinton.

Battery park

School and residences

Apt building

this is 10 minutes away from the heart of financial district

Apt building and Goldman Sachs tower between them. they just made more than 4 billion$

park is made in some old empirical style with granite and roman columns

What a view from the park and the buildings on another Goldman Sachs building on the extreme left

Statue of liberty

Life is sport for some people

Roses in October?

lets go through to financial pyramids of wall street

All of this is very solidly built

Building of poets - don't know why the name...

Default Downtown

Downtown

well this is the place where "bloodsuckers and capitalist pigs" are working :lol:

Stadium, movie theater for community and hotel at the same building

these Goldman and Sachs were supposed to be very smart and savvy guys. they made quite a bank with quite a lot of money. This building that they are building is close to a billion$

despite the crisis luxury apt buildings are on the rise - these guys don't have any ups or downs ever.

Bank is paying for the whole territory being taken care of around it. I smell more than 100 million in all these trees, covered alleys and other amenities.

Long live the Port Authority and its perpetual construction of WTC :lol:

Last edited by JohnFlint1985; October 29th, 2009 at 10:32 PM.

I am going to Broadway now. Equitable building on the right

Stone jungle of downtown

Here we have Federal reserve bank of NY- one of 12 and the most rich one. These are the guys that count down the last trillions of dollars to prop up American financial system

I imagine that behind those massive doors there are huge sacks with gold and money. If they loose even a single one of them and some one will find it he and his grandchildren will be set for life.

Commerce dept building - even during British rule

please don't forget we are in the financial capital of the world!!!

NY Life building - aka another Trump tower today

Chase bank

Last bastion of pure capitalism on earth - NYSE

Here George Washington took and oath of the president

they are filming the film here of course -" The nest guy"

OK lets go to Fulton fish market

About 15 years ago this very place was the center of massive fish market. Tones of fish were unloaded here right from the ships. most of all this commotion was at night. But the smell was 24/7 and you con pick it up a mile away. Finally some of our distinguished fathers of the city decided that enough is enough and moved the market to Bronx and made this area tourist friendly. First everyone though that it is a dead idea in the water. but... I here by stand a witness to another American miracle of commercial transformation - old fish market buildings were successfully converted into GAP, Ralph Loren, Calvin Cline, Chanel and etc. What do you know?.... :lol:
    So now they sell high fashion articles here but it is still called Fulton Fish market.

From here I go to take a look at Beekman Tower. This building is another glorious example of how our community boards and nimbys are keen on extortion, control and do absolutely nothing positive in their pitiful roles in this city. Despite their never ending complains the tower is getting built.

облицовка из сплава стали, алюминия и титана.

China town where I decided to a have lunch and after which I went to to SOHO

Fish stores in China town - now we are talking!

Last edited by JohnFlint1985; October 29th, 2009 at 10:28 PM.

SOHO

Police dept in SOHO

Fall colors

lets drink and eat 24/7 - this is the right place for this

Bakery with fantastic pastries

Me in the damn bad mirror - I look like a midget here :lol:

over here I bought a nice cigar for moi since I was barely able to walk anymore. here is the store and the salesperson from Egypt who was very friendly and helpful.

Hookahs anyone?

Gosh I made it! Remember I started my journey over there?

Really nice dogs

Day was becoming quite hot and people literally decided to sunbath

roses again

Damn - girls are just simply walking with no shoes!!! is this October really?

bikini anyone?

The whole park along the Hudson is done with lots and lots of style.

It says:
    "I can sail without wind, I can row without oars, but I cannot part from my friend without tears."

crab catching?

lovely bride

Henessy building

"Sails" by F Gehry

it used to be a dump yard....

Fabulous set of photos, John. Great shots of the IAC/Vision Machine and the Beekman, too.

very high quality and beautiful photos

Banned Member

Nice Photos John. I reposted the Jersey City photos in the "Jersey City Rising" thread in the Metro Sub-Forum.

I also reposted your World Trade Center photos in the "WTC Tower 1" thread and you Beekman Tower photos in the "Beekman Tower" thread; both in the New York Skyscrapers and Architecture sub-forum.

Beautiful photography - thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
    Nice Photos John. I reposted the Jersey City photos in the "Jersey City Rising" thread in the Metro Sub-Forum.

I also reposted your World Trade Center photos in the "WTC Tower 1" thread and you Beekman Tower photos in the "Beekman Tower" thread; both in the New York Skyscrapers and Architecture sub-forum.

Beautiful photography - thanks for sharing.
    sure use them as needed - my pleasure

снимки очень хороши!
    чем снимали, если не секрет?!

superbe cette ballade dans NYC, tes photos sont magnifiques.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast