Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croatia

Default Croatia

Dubrovnik:

Last edited by Alonzo-ny; November 21st, 2009 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks for the photos. I've got to get myself to Dubrovnik. Preferably arrive by boat.

I really wanted to visit on my trip around Europe in 08 but it was too awkward. It is definitely a must see. Pula and Split are worth a look as well.

I have known the city before and after the war between Croatia and Serbia (at the beginning of the war that left the former Yugoslavia after the death of General Titov) and the truth is I liked the old one. The city was destroyed and then rebuilt. I do not like as they left the city after the reconstruction was done, nor the people who live there: Europe's worst offenders (thieves, murderers, criminals who rob banks ... were born there). From the area of Tirana (Albania) to Split (Croatia) is the worst people in Europe: I hope that never let them in to these countries in the European Union. I would prefer to end for many years, at least 20 or 30, these countries of former Yugoslavia are not members of the European Union, because I prefer to permit entry as full members prior right to nations like Turkey, Tunisia and Israel, because they are far more civilized countries.

In short, a city and a country at all advisable to visit and promote people to go to meet it .

I´m sorry, Alonzo-ny .

Croatia is stunning.

Israel can not be considered a civilized country in my opinion as long as it continues the evil, humanity-destroying occupation. It is civilized toward citizens that meet the religious requirement of being a Jew. Otherwise they'll tear your house down and dump you out on the street with your grandmother.

Israel in the EU? You must be joking. That's like inviting Iran or North Korea to join.

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo-ny View Post
    Israel in the EU? You must be joking. That's like inviting Iran or North Korea to join.

You think like a Scot and that's your problem Alonzo. Do not forget that for 7 centuries (from 711 to 1492 years) the Arabs ruled Spain. If you're a citizen of Israel and have Spanish surnames (eg, Simon Peres, ... are known as Sephardic Jews, so called because they were expelled from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella in 1492 for refusing to convert to the Christian religion) then you You can request a Spanish passport and the European Union. Also never forget that the Canary Islands are in Africa and are Spanish since 1492.

You should not forget that the Palestinians are not a nation, but they are a people ... as Jews or Gypsies. The Palestinians are a people called the Phoenicians, who had 3 territories in the Mediterranean: what is now Lebanon, Tunisia and Murcia (Spain). They ruled the sea until the Romans were defeated at the Battle of Zammar (Italy). The famous general Hannibal, born in Carthage (Tunisia) crossed with 3,000 elephants to Carthago Nova (now the city of Cartagena in the Murcia, Spain) and from there to march with the inhabitants of this Spanish city until close to the city of Rome, after crossing the Pyrenees and the Alps to defeat the Roman Republic in the famous battle of Cannae. During the 14 years that separated the victory at Cannae, until the defeat in Zammar, Carthago Nova (modern Cartagena Spanish) was the capital of Europe.

There are many Europeans who think that no European cities in Africa, but say that's a huge degree of ignorance: Spain and Morocco are not separated by 14 miles in the Strait of Gibraltar, but are only zero meters away, as the Spanish cities of Ceuta and Melilla are on territory in Africa and in Morocco. Never forget that these two cities are Spanish territory 100% of the European Union and are in Morocco.

For Spanish the problem between Israel and Palestine is very different from what you can understand if you are American or British, because lived in Spain for many centuries both peoples and traces of their culture are very deep. The main thinker, philosopher and mystic Muslim writer of all time, (creator of mainstream moderate Islam known as Sufis) and is buried in the mosque of Damascus (Syria), thousands of Muslims flock every year to pray at his tomb, is Ibn Arabi, who was born in Murcia city (Spain) and after Cervantes is the most important writer in the history of Spain, what happens is that he wrote in Arabic because then Spain was under the rule of Islam.

Do not forget also that the first modern State of the History was Spain, which was established in 1492 (the same year that America was discovered) when Ferdinand of Aragon (including the territories of Aragon, Valencia and Catalonia) married with Isabel Castilian (other territories from Spain). The United Kingdom took nearly a century to appear as a nation and Germany and Italy are countries that emerge in the days of Bismark or Victorio Emmanuel of Savoy in the late nineteenth century: the United States as a state are older than Italy. The current Greece is the time of Lord Byron writer, that he knows any English or Scottish.

And I repeat, there are Spanish territories, parts of the European Union in Africa: the cities of Ceuta and Melilla and the Canary Islands (these islands for Spain won the Christopher Columbus on his first trip to America in 1492) and the next European Union membership will be Turkey. After Turkey who can enter? Perhaps Israel, Tunisia, Russia, Ukraine, Morocco, Serbia, Croatia ?...

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Croatia is stunning.

Israel can not be considered a civilized country in my opinion as long as it continues the evil, humanity-destroying occupation. It is civilized toward citizens that meet the religious requirement of being a Jew. Otherwise they'll tear your house down and dump you out on the street with your grandmother.

MidtownGuy what you write is barbaric and not very thoughtful of you. Croatia during World War II was aligned with Hitler and do not forget that the second largest genocide was committed then, after the murder of 7 million Jews, was the one who suffered the partizane of Serbia at the hands of the Germans and Croats.

The Croats murdered 20 years ago, now together with the Serbs, thousands of citizens simply because they were Bosnian Muslims. How can you talk of a genocidal country such as Croatia and comparing it with Israel? What you have written is simply to advocate a Fascist state and a murderer and compared with a nation like Israel, which suffered the same attack. The Croats are murderers of the worst race, has been shown twice in the twentieth century.

I can not admit that you compare Israel with Croatia, is like comparing God with the Devil.

So Israel is God? Like Israel hasn't done any bad shit, the Jewish people are the best people ever right?

Come on get real. Israel is as responsible for its own problems as anyone.

I'm half Croatian, and I have visited it twice, it is a beautiful country. Of course it has its bad points and its good points. But its not the devil.

Besides what is all this talk about history anyway. We were talking about the country's beauty itself, not the history about it.

So why did all this Jewish, Arab, EU crap come into it?

Talk about the beauty of the country. Not politics.

Dr T, I'm not sure what you mean that I think like a Scot. Care to explain that to me?

I am thinking like a human being. Israel is a barbaric state who is much more evil and a bigger danger to the world than Iran or N. Korea. Explaining the history doesn't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DKNY617 View Post
    So Israel is God? Like Israel hasn't done any bad shit, the Jewish people are the best people ever right?

Come on get real. Israel is as responsible for its own problems as anyone.

I'm half Croatian, and I have visited it twice, it is a beautiful country. Of course it has its bad points and its good points. But its not the devil.

Besides what is all this talk about history anyway. We were talking about the country's beauty itself, not the history about it.

So why did all this Jewish, Arab, EU crap come into it?

Talk about the beauty of the country. Not politics.

I'm half Jewish, I was born in a city created by the Arabs from Syria about the year 1,100 and I have my home in Spain in another city founded by the Phoenicians (Palestinian) 3,000 years ago. The life and history is much more complicated than it looks, but could tell you many things.

In what is said of Israel I do not agree, because maybe people would talk like the problem of the Basque region in Spain (ETA) or Northern Ireland (IRA). We must be careful to compare Israel with Croatia, because Israel is a country that is struggling not against the Palestinian people, but against radical Arab terrorists as now it is also obliged USA after the attacks of Sept. 11. Croatia never fought against terrorists, just killed, robbed and raped innocent people who were not terrorists, but ordinary people, by virtue of being Muslims (Bosnia) or Orthodox Christians (Serbs).

Maybe you're right: it is better to talk about architecture, art and urbanism, ... what happens is that it is difficult to do without talking about the story, because Dubrovnik was destroyed 20 years ago by the Serbs on the orders of Milosevic. The reason for the attack of the Serbs was because he wanted to separate from the former Yugoslavia when died Generl Titov and the Serbs had not yet forgotten the 1.5 million partizane that genocidal Croats murdered with Hitler during World War II.

I must tell you something: I have not talked about politics, I've only spoken history ... that is different. Politicians do not interest me, if history matters to me because it is important to explain the present and its problems.

Talk about the beauty of the country. Not politics
    Talk about the country is talk about its history only 20 years ago, don´t forget. The problems is only one: Croatia is a country? Since when? Facts that justify its history? Its monuments mean? These are questions that can never explain a Croat, because the history of the Balkans is full of blood and the worst genocides in Europe, but you can visit anytime and see Sarajevo . The capital of Bosnia was prettier than Dubrovnik and tell me that there were Serbs and Croats: murdering innocent.

The prisons of Italy and Spain are full of Croats, because they are engaged in murder, stealing and killing Spanish who are in their homes at night sleeping. Croatian bands of murderers kill children and grandparents of a shot in the head while sleeping in Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia to rob, robbed banks and jewelry stores and steal luxury cars to sell in other parts of Europe are very dangerous criminals, well-trained mostly because they are used to kill soldiers, who dont come to Europe to work, but to commit crimes. The Croats control the drug business or prohibited as prostitution in many parts of the coast of Spain. The Police and the Government of Croatia does not help countries like Spain or Italy to end this situation, because the money that these thieves steal Croatian final goes to Croatian banks and businesses that they assemble in their country.

The Croats, Albanians and Kosovars are killing the tourism industry in places like Torrevieja, Benidorn, Calpe, Gandía, Salou ... because the Germans and the English people are afraid of these gangs of murderers and criminals, selling their homes and go to another country to live or spend holidays.

Writing this is not to talk politics, is simply telling the truth. If you are half Croatian should apologize to the Spanish ask for what your compatriots are doing in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo-ny View Post
    Dr T, I'm not sure what you mean that I think like a Scot. Care to explain that to me?

I am thinking like a human being. Israel is a barbaric state who is much more evil and a bigger danger to the world than Iran or N. Korea. Explaining the history doesn't prove anything.
    A Scot will never understand what the problem of the Jews and the Palestinians because they have never lived on their land. If instead of traveling to a country of criminals as Croatia travel to Spain and visiting Toledo and Granada could perhaps be better understood.
    But this is normal that passes between a Spanish and a Scot, because if you ask me who are the owners of the Falklands I'd say Argentina. If I tell you that Gibraltar (UK) is a city dedicated to live the international sale of drugs, prostitution and weapons you'll be angry because you're British. But it's true, the Government of Gibraltar London allows either the financial platform of big arms in the world because making money with it. All the money has moved from the illegal sales of weapons in the Balkans has been through the "tax haven" of Gibraltar.
    Same with the drug in Morocco. Last week the Foreign Office in London issued a diplomatic note calling on Spain to stop persecuting British yachts that are directed to Gibraltar, when Scotland Yard and the Royal Navy know they are loaded with hashish from Morocco. Why the British army and police protect criminals? What would you think if tomorrow the Spanish army to attack Gibraltar to end this whole situation? I think Spain long ago that Gibraltar should have bombed because people who live there are criminals protected by the British authorities that should be dead or in Spanish prisons.
    Last month Spanish fishing boat was seized by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. Where were the offices of the pirates to ransom? In London and Gibraltar. How can it be that international criminal gangs who rob, kidnap and kill have their offices in a building in London? How might then be channeled money from London to Gibraltar and Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast