Page 327 of 536 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    You hit it. Even things that are deemed "unhealthy" are fine in smaller portions.

The problem is in the states, they lose focus on taste and diversity and zero in on quantity.

Don't be fooled. Italians would be fat, too, if they knew how to make a decent hamburger and milkshake.

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    But at least we don't have ugly accents.
    Ever been to Baltimore?

And South Jersey is a close second.

I speak in a sort of 5th-floor Bergdorf's gay Mid-Atlantic.

I love Barbie Nadeau's accent... it's so affected it sounds like she had a stroke.

(and thank you eddhead)
    Last edited by Fabrizio; September 8th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Who needs Perugia anyway. I was in Bergamo recently. I think it's the same place as Perugia. Except no Mignini. San Daniele is the same, too. But better proscuitto. There's dozens of places, really.
    I had pizza in Little Italy when I was in New York? Does that count?

Default ????

I love the arguments that "so and so did not say she was hit", etc., when anyone accusing the cops of anything gets slapped with a calumnia charge, and the only witnesses are the cops being accused of the hitting, and the person being hit.

I would not accuse anyone, especially a cop, of anything there unless I had ironclad proof, and even then they will try to deny it happened.

Cops never lie.

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    I had pizza in Little Italy when I was in New York? Does that count?
    Probably awesome pizza.

While you were eating it, did the cops call you into the station, yell at you, provide you with a bogus interpreter, smack you on the head, brainwash you, get to to falsely accuse someone and then throw you in jail? Just curious whether that happens very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post

I love Barbie Nadeau's accent... it's so affected it sounds like she had a stroke.

That's how you can tell she's a total fraud Unless it's an actual speech impediment, in which case . . . sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Probably awesome pizza.

While you were eating it, did the cops call you into the station, yell at you, provide you with a bogus interpreter, smack you on the head, brainwash you, get to to falsely accuse someone and then throw you in jail? Just curious whether that happens very often.
    They waited until I was done, and came into the station to talk to them!

Interesting development. Amanda has apparently done an interview with Il Messaggero, excerpts of which have been reported in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...h-Kercher.html

Here is the original:

http://www.libero-news.it/news/81816...ci-ostili.html

Like or believe her or not, I find this interesting from a strategic point of view. Obviously her attorneys decided this is a good idea at this point. It works for me, but as you know, I am already on her side, so it was not aimed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    Interesting development. Amanda has apparently done an interview with Il Messaggero, excerpts of which have been reported in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...h-Kercher.html

Here is the original:

http://www.libero-news.it/news/81816...ci-ostili.html

Like or believe her or not, I find this interesting from a strategic point of view. Obviously her attorneys decided this is a good idea at this point. It works for me, but as you know, I am already on her side, so it was not aimed at me.
    They know a last minute shit-storm is about to fall upon them, curtesy of the prosecution and probably the Kerchers. It's desperation time, and that means that there will be all sorts of dirty tricks and Kercher interference trotted out over the next two weeks. Not a bad idea for Knox to try to get out in front of it a little bit.

^ If this is supposed to be geared to the Italian public (who really doesn't give a ratz-azz about Amanda Knox in the first place) then they are going about it in the stupidest way possible:

From the Italian interview: "Mi dispiace Per Patrick Lumumba, non ho capito cosa mi sia preso, avevo paura, ero disorientata: è vero, ho mentito, ma non ricordo perché."

English translation: "I'm sorry for Patrick Lumumba. I don't know what got into me, I was scared, I was disoriented: it's true, I lied, but I do not remember why."

Ah... yes little dear... we believe you now....

(I think it might be best to just keep her quiet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    ^ If this is supposed to be geared to the Italian public (who really doesn't give a ratz-azz about Amanda Knox in the first place) then they are going about it in the stupidest way possible:

From the Italian interview: "Mi dispiace Per Patrick Lumumba, non ho capito cosa mi sia preso, avevo paura, ero disorientata: è vero, ho mentito, ma non ricordo perché."

English translation: "I'm sorry for Patrick Lumumba. I don't know what got into me, I was scared, I was disoriented: it's true, I lied, but I do not remember why."

Ah... yes little dear... we believe you now....

(I think it might be best to just keep her quiet.)
    I kinda thought the same, although hopefully the average Italian is not quite so judgemental as you are. But things are going well for her, and when she has spoken before, people have often not accepted what she says in the way she intended it to be accepted, so if I were her, I would probably just keep quiet.

If you were her you would be a lot cuter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    If you were her you would be a lot cuter.
    I might be cute! You never know.

The girl is so full of BS. I thought it was the police that kept suggesting Lumumba? Now...it's: hey...I did lie to them ...but gee I don't remember why.

Note to Amanda: you're probably about to get away with being involved in a murder... so just keep your head down...think of those book royalties, Oprah, Matt Lauer, the View... and keep quiet.