Page 376 of 536 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

At the first trial Sollecito’s lawyer Luca Maori was forced to demonstrate that the call was done before. And Massei had to accept it.
    The emphasis on had to is Sfarzo's.

See posts 5617 and 5625.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    I think Sfarzo's point is that if Massei had accepted the police version (they arrived before the Carabinieri call) he would have used it as a major point of guilt in his findings because it obviously would be very incriminating.
    Dioceltian but there is no evidence that he accepts Maori's conclusion. If you you want to say that Massei left a question mark hanging over it and the prosecution is bringing the issue up again... fine. But the impact is quite different.

Massei accepted it because he didn't refute it.

The statement “a little after 12:30, as it seemed to the two police officers” is useless as evidence.

How long after 12:30 - 5 minutes, 25 minutes?

It should have been something like "between 12:30 and 12:40," or at least "before 12:51."

Based on the tweets from multiple reporters, the presentations from the attorneys for Lumumba and the Kerchers today is embarrassing -- basically a personal character assassination against Amanda. Raffaele is almost totally ignored, just disgusting innuendo about Amanda drinking beer, Amanda smoked pot, Amanda owned a vibrator ... this leads to the conclusion that Amanda is a "Witch", according to Lumumba's attorney.

I used to have sympathy for Lumumba, but this is disgusting. He knows first hand how the police treated him (he has given more than one interview where he said they hit him and interrogated him for hours without a lawyer). To get revenge against a poor girl who made a mistake, he is working to get her put in jail for life.

And Maresca, the Kercher's attorney, shows the autopsy photos (again!), uses mostly lies and character assasination instead of evidence, and lies about seeing Meredith's sweatshirt being taken into evidence (there are photos and a video showing it being pulled out of the laudry hamper on a later date).

These attorneys are treating the court like they are stupid. I hope this backfires, big time. When you don't have the facts on your side, throw up some BS and see what sticks.

The defense gets to close last (is there a rebuttal after that?). It's up to them to note these things, and correct them.

What's in that bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    The defense gets to close last (is there a rebuttal after that?). It's up to them to note these things, and correct them.
    Yes. This is going to be when Amanda and Raffaele really need their attorneys to rip this stuff to shreds. Yes, there is rebuttal, but I am a bit unsure as to the format of that (each side, how long?).

What's in that bucket?
    Not sure, but it's not Monkey Chow, if that is what you are thinking.

I used to have sympathy for Lumumba, but this is disgusting. He knows first hand how the police treated him (he has given more than one interview where he said they hit him and interrogated him for hours without a lawyer). To get revenge against a poor girl who made a mistake, he is working to get her put in jail for life.
    Absolutely. Lumumba is wicked scum. I've also read about his statements regarding the treatment he received from the police. But that whole story changed. Now he's just out for some kind of misplaced revenge against Amanda. The situation is rank with wicked S.O.B.s all colluding against Amanda. She must be one of the strongest young women on the planet to listen to all this and not go nuts. God forbid they should put her in 6 months of solitary if this all ends as badly as I'm starting to think.

If it's true that Italians largely don't care what's going on here, then it's a problem with the cultural DNA of the place. I've said it before and I will say it again: too much emphasis on shallow appearances...saving face... and hardly any on getting to the heart and substance of a matter.

Massei accepted it because he didn't refute it.
    Exactly.

Massei: another incompetent jackass.

According to Barbie's tweet, Steve Moore's wife went up to Mignini and told him he's evil. Nice one. She should have kicked him in the balls, too. But there's goning to be plenty of ball-kicking when Amanda writes her book.

Lightning should strike that fat duck.

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Absolutely. Lumumba is wicked scum. I've also read about his statements regarding the treatment he received from the police. But that whole story changed. Now he's just out for some kind of misplaced revenge against Amanda. The situation is rank with wicked S.O.B.s all colluding against Amanda. She must be one of the strongest young women on the planet to listen to all this and not go nuts. God forbid they should put her in 6 months of solitary if this all ends as badly as I'm starting to think.

If it's true that Italians largely don't care what's going on here, then it's a problem with the cultural DNA of the place. I've said it before and I will say it again: too much emphasis on shallow appearances...saving face... and hardly any on getting to the heart and substance of a matter.
    Curt Knox must have the patience of a saint to be able to sit through this garbage being said about his daughter without getting up and punching someone's lights out. God bless him.

Babs' latest tweet:

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau

For 3 years we've been kicked out of crtroom when #meredithkercher bloody corpse is shown. Why did we get to stay today?#amandaknox

7 minutes ago

According to Barbie's tweet, Steve Moore's wife went up to Mignini and told him he's evil. Nice one. She should have kicked him in the balls, too. But there's goning to be plenty of ball-kicking when Amanda writes her book.
    I have commented positively on the work Steve Moore has done in this case, but his wife should stay the hell out of this. She is not part of the trial, and her doing stuff like this is only going to work against Amanda and Raffaele.

Curt Knox must have the patience of a saint to be able to sit through this garbage being said about his daughter without getting up and punching someone's lights out. God bless him.
    Agree. I saw a report that said that Amanda's mom and sister did not sit in court today, because they knew that it be a day of slinging garbage against Amanda and they did not want to hear it.