Page 4 of 536 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Of course it looks suspicious that Knox didn't keep her stories straight, but the evidence against her is...where?
    First she says she was at her boyfriend's, then she was in the house hearing the screams...she looks guilty at this point, but then I say to myself, the motive is...what?

I don't buy for one second the whole drug-crazed attack, or some satanic ritual angle...smoking hash and pot wouldn't lead to a mental state that facilitates murdering someone in cold blood, or sexually attacking them. It would more likely chill you out a bit from whatever anger you had been feeling.
    Anecdotally, and from personal experience, I'd agree. But what do you know about the extremes of human experience?

]...there is something very important to remember: no evidence at all was produced to prove Knox had been in the room where Kercher's body was found. Not a single fingerprint or piece of forensic evidence was found in the room from either Knox or her boyfriend.

But Rudy Guede's fingerprints were all over Kercher's room.
    Conclusion?

I removed the F-bomb very soon after I posted it. The rest was basically asked for. And thanks for your moderation, but we have quite enough of that around here.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be the surrogate moderator. But I did see the f-bomb, and I did see it removed.

I regard both you and Fabrizio as my valuable friends, and I'd like to see y'all make up. Can you do that?

Anecdotally, and from personal experience, I'd agree. But what do you know about the extremes of human experience?
    I just know the psychotropic effects of marijuana and hash tend to dull violent impulses. It doesn't make sense to me that these drugs would make the cause of the murder more understandable in any way.

Conclusion?
    How did they supposedly wipe the scene of their invisible traces but left the invisible DNA traces of Guede?

I regard both you and Fabrizio as my valuable friends, and I'd like to see y'all make up. Can you do that?
    Actually, I would hope so. Lots of things have been said, by both parties, but I am a peaceful person at heart.

Uh... Midtown... I wrote the following: "There is plenty of evidence. But one must decide if it is credible or not. I believe, as do most here, that the evidence is credible." I mention nothing about the room.

Along with what is mentioned in that article, Knox's DNA was found on the knife, on a sponge, on a wash cloth etc. Room or not, IMHO that would at least link her to the murder. But note: from the beginning here I say: "IMHO".

I believe that KNox was at least involved in a cover-up which would make her an accomplice. A 25 year sentence for that is not out of the ordinary. The trail gets 2 appeals. And Italy is known for shortened sentances.

BTW: if she "had no motive for the killing".... what was her motive for blaming her boss?

Re: Drugs... for what it's worth the drugs of choice here are extasy and cocaine (because that's were the money is )... I doubt the hash story. If it were drugs it would be those 2.

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; December 6th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

^ A truly knowledgable drug accounting by an obvious aficionado. And probably true, since abstainers know nothing. Ever.

But what can you tell us about her innocence or guilt?

And what can you tell MidtownGuy to make up?

LOL.

Extasy and cocaine for me? Never. Not in a million years. Good wine ...yes.

--

IMHO Guilty.

But you know what? Honestly? Her behavior with the police and the in courtroom did her in. Her mother and sisters posing for a woman's magazine in front of the house where the murder happened. It just went on and on. Incredibly arrogant people with entitlement issues... I think it tipped the scales. I know... I know... it's not supposed to be that way... but clowning around under these circumstances is going to count for a lot over here.

"Italian courts are respectable institutions where rules of decorum are strictly followed. But Knox behaved boorishly throughout the trial, and the jury will have noticed. She enters the courtroom like a beauty queen, pandering to the cameras and sometimes answering journalists' questions with a coy smile. She also wore a "Let It Be" T shirt on Valentine's Day, and has been spotted passing around chocolates, winking at Sollecito, and laying her head down on the defense table. The Italian press has had a ball with Knox's courtroom antics (and those of her family). The jury is not sequestered, and the members are free to read about the case, which means they will certainly have been exposed to rampant criticism of her conduct."

This is a good article:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/216903

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; December 6th, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Her mother and sisters posing for a woman's magazine in front of the house where the murder happened.
    I'd be curious to see how that was done, is there a link to the photos? Were they gloating or something?

Knox's DNA was found on the knife, on a sponge, on a wash cloth etc. Room or not, IMHO that would at least link her to the murder.
    Why? Wouldn't she make use of those items if she lived there?

Incredibly arrogant people with entitlement issues... I think it tipped the scales.
    I have not seen evidence of this myself but if that's how they were portrayed in the Italian media I wouldn't be at all surprised. The Italian media is like the American media...the Jerry Springer-style version of reality.

So, whaddya think, MidtownGuy? Is she innocent or guilty?

It doesn't matter how the sisters in front of the crime scene publicity shot was done: it's a culture issue. This is not the US.

If I am in the US I must understand that it is not Italy: it has different standards of what is appropriate and what is not. In the US I am on guard about many things that in Italy I would not be.

Her behavior was reported by the Italian press, the British press, etc....below is Newsweek's take. Bottom line: in THIS culture under these circumstances it's a big no-no. A judge and jury will judge this stuff differently here... and they will judge it harshly:

Amanda Knox is a 22-year-old on trial for murder in Italy. Her defense—and her family—isn't helping.

"There should be a basic set of rules when on trial for murder: Don't antagonize the prosecutor and judge. Dress appropriately in court. Don't let your family pose for photos in front of the crime scene. These basic tenets have somehow escaped Amanda Knox, the 22-year-old Seattle native whose trial for sexually assaulting and murdering her British roommate resumes on Friday."

You must also understand how the murder victim's family saw such arrogant behavior. It was incredibly disrespectful toward them. Their daughter was murdered in that house.

More:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/206765

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; December 6th, 2009 at 04:39 PM.

Oh BTW you all might be interested to know about the case of Italian citizen Silvia Baraldini. Have any of you ever heard of her?

Maybe those Italian judges are getting their revenge:

After Prison in U.S., Woman Is Praised in Rome
    Published: Thursday, August 26, 1999

Silvia Baraldini, the Italian woman imprisoned for nearly 17 years in the United States for a string of armored car holdups and links to a black militant group, was given a hero's welcome in Rome yesterday. Supporters tossed roses before the motorcade that carried Ms. Baraldini, 51, to an Italian prison to finish her sentence.

Italy's leftist government sent a private jet* to pick Ms. Baraldini up following her release earlier in the day from a Federal prison in Danbury, Conn. Several Italian cities and towns have offered Ms. Baraldini honorary citizenship**, calling her a victim of American injustice. The conservative opposition was not as welcoming. ''Couldn't she have taken a regular commercial flight?'' snapped Giuseppe Brienza, a member of the opposition Christian Democrat Center.

Ms. Baraldini was convicted in a series of robberies and attempted robberies in the United States, including a 1981 holdup of a Brinks truck near Nyack, N.Y., in which a guard and two police officers were killed. She was also found guilty of involvement in a second armored car robbery, in Danbury, Conn., and of helping a former member of a black militant group who was convicted of killing a New Jersey State Police trooper, escape from prison. In all of the cases, Ms. Baraldini was never convicted of carrying out a violent act herself.

She was sentenced to 43 years in prison.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/26/ny...d-in-rome.html

* I love this country.

** In other words: Vai a fare in culo Amerikani...

--

more about the case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvia_Baraldini

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; December 6th, 2009 at 05:08 PM.

It doesn't matter how the sisters in front of the crime scene publicity shot was done: it's a culture issue. This is not the US.
    Don't let your family pose for photos in front of the crime scene.
    We know it isn't the US, but I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the way the photos were done. Just saying "it aint the US" doesn't cut it.

If you are saying that in Italy people do not take pictures at crime scenes ...well, OK. But a woman is defending her freedom in the middle of an Italian shit storm. I think reasonable people, no matter in Italy or America, would understand the necessity of countering bad publicity. Photos or not. That isn't a reason to damn her. If, as we are told, the Italian press was having a field day with this young woman, I would expect some kind of counter publicity showing her as a human being and not the archetypical American Floozey on Drugs. It's reasonable.
    So, you are not saying the photos were done in a tasteless manner, just that they should never have done them at all. Fine. So what. It doesn't change the actual evidence.

So, whaddya think, MidtownGuy? Is she innocent or guilty?
    I know it's a cop out but I just can't say. I can say that the evidence that has been presented should not be enough to convict her.

You must also understand how the murder victim's family saw such arrogant behavior. It was incredibly disrespectful toward them. Their daughter was murdered in that house.
    This is just emotional string pulling. A murder case should stick to the evidence.

^ Yes we know that.

But in the meantime... just some advice... if you are being tried for the murder of your room-mate in Italy, don't let your mom and sisters pose for a woman's magazine in front of the home where she was murdered. It will make things worse for you. In the US the jury is sequestered... in Italy it is not. A member of the jury might come across Gente Magazine at the hair-dressers and they'll get pissed. Just letting you know. If that sounds unreasonable to you... if you feel that those photo will act as some kind of counter publicity showing you as a human being... or what ever... well...uh... okey-dokey...but don't say I didn't warn you.

---

And while we are at it: let's read up on fellow Tuscan Carlo Parlanti who is still held in a California prison... for absolutely nothing:

http://www.fairtrials.net/cases/spot...arlo_parlanti/

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; December 6th, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

if you are being tried for the murder of your room-mate in Italy, don't let your mom and sisters pose for a woman's magazine in front of the home where she was murdered.
    a woman's magazine even...woooo

And while we are at it: let's read up on fellow Tuscan Carlo Parlanti who is still held in a California prison... for absolutely nothing:
    Why?

"...a woman's magazine even...woooo"

You are making my point. It's different culture. The photos by the way were also harshly criticized in Britain as well. Is the criticizm silly? Beside the point? You be the judge. But in the meantime... some advice: I wouldn't do it here.

Just trying to be helpful.

---

Why Parlanti? Why Balaradini? Just so you all know.

Just so we know?
    Should I post something about Leonard Peltier here too? baseball statistics?

Tell us why we should be examining someone named Parlanti. The article you link to is rather long so perhaps you could save the forum some time and tell us exactly what is the relevance. Is his case similar somehow? Does it shed light on the case of Amanda Knox? Or is it just to say again, American justice sucks too? Because we know.

Oh wait... this is another thread that touches Italy Never mind. I will wait for the links to the Mexican border and OJ trial.