Page 427 of 536 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

It would have been a really great promotion if they included a scratch-off grand prize. If the scratch-off on your knife reveals Kercher's DNA, then you get an all-expense paid trip to Perugia for four years! Yay! (No fair sending your knife to Stefanoni for her to do the scratching, though. That would be cheating.)
    ^

You know, I'm surprised Stefi didn't have some Photoshopping done for her little hackish presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    There is a new picture online purporting to be a pic of Mignini at the moment he learned of the verdict. It looks like he is about to hurl!! Maybe that is what the bib is for!

Attachment 14179

I think he looks like he's taking a big, nasty enema. Look out below!

Are we part of the US media conspiracy to undermine Mignini?

Oh, what the hell.

Oh my God.

It's like Mephistopheles vs. St. Theresa the 'Little Flower'.

Nah.

He looks like a grumpy old curmudgeon. His pride got in the way of his duty and made him pursue the conviction of an innocent girl.

I hope he has a daughter.........

( A match made in box-office heaven...)

Default Another juror tellls why -- the case made no sense!

Associated Press
    Knox juror says prosecution's case just conjecture

Associated Press, 10.07.11, 06:26 PM EDT

ROME -- One of the jurors who overturned Amanda Knox's murder conviction said Friday he was never convinced by the "conjecture" of the prosecution's case and that he believed the U.S. student and her co-defendant simply didn't kill her British roommate.
    Mauro Chialli was one of eight jurors who on Monday ordered Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito freed after acquitting them of charges they sexually assaulted and murdered Meredith Kercher in 2007. Knox returned home to Seattle on Tuesday, and Sollecito to his home in southern Italy.

In an interview Friday with Italy's state-run RAI television, Chialli said he had spent a lot of time during the 10-month appeals trial reading the faces of Knox and Sollecito and determined they were telling the truth in insisting on their innocence.
    "I saw the faces of these two kids, and they couldn't bluff. They didn't bluff. My point of view is that these kids weren't guilty. They weren't there," he said.
    Knox and Sollecito were arrested a few days after Kercher's body was discovered in a pool of blood on Nov. 2, 2007 in the apartment she shared with Knox in Perugia. They were convicted in 2009 and sentenced to 26 and 25 years respectively. A third defendant, Rudy Hermann Guede was also convicted and had his 16-year prison sentence upheld by Italy's highest court.

Following Monday's acquittals, Guede remains the only one in prison for the death. His lawyer has said he wants the case reopened, given that Italy's high court determined Guede didn't act alone.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/...x_8723820.html

Following Monday's acquittals, Guede remains the only one in prison for the death. His lawyer has said he wants the case reopened, given that Italy's high court determined Guede didn't act alone.
    "End of the line. Everyone please leave the train."

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    Nah.

He looks like a grumpy old curmudgeon. His pride got in the way of his duty and made him pursue the conviction of an innocent girl.

I hope he has a daughter.........
    Funny thing is, I think I saw an interview somewhere where he said he did have daughters. I sure they're delightful spinsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Funny thing is, I think I saw an interview somewhere where he said he did have daughters.
    Magnini (come to think of it) may very well have been pushing his 'case' against Knox in a desperate attempt to divert attention - and court resources - away from his own pending 'abuse of power' charges.

He is one very delusional individual , but we have plenty of the same sort of crackpot prosecutors here in the US: Nancy Grace, for one, comes to mind. (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    "End of the line. Everyone please leave the train."

Re: Guede. I hope he and his attorney are stupid enough to ask for a new trial. So far, he has successfully scammed the system, but I don't see how with a new trial he would end up with less than 16 years, and might get more if a new court determined he did act alone. Unlike with Knox and Sollecito, there is tons of evidence to proved Guede was at the crime scene at the time of the murder. They could throw out all the DNA and still convict him fairly easily.

I don't really understand the claims that the media did not do a good job reporting Amanda's case! This shows the high level of quality that the media continues to have! Some people say that there is no more real "News" or accuracy, and that it has all become entertainment, but I beg to differ!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amanda news bikini.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	14196

So Mignini fled Italy, sought political asylum in Canada, had cosmetic surgery, and started a new career.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    So Mignini fled Italy, sought political asylum in Canada, had cosmetic surgery, and started a new career.
    If so, that surgeon is a miracle worker!

Quote-of-the-day:

"I saw the faces of these two kids, and they couldn't bluff.
    And so what was Knox found guilty of?

Lying.