Page 431 of 536 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

I just took a picture of myself, since I have been talking about that "why she named Lumumba -- there is no proof she is racist" business. I better give it a rest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue-in-the-face.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	14205

This stuff about what Amanda Knox is "free" to say during her appeal being no different than what she can say after acquittal and out of the country is completely ridiculous.

Knox tells her lawyers that she she hit during the interrogation. Her parents do the same thing. So what do the lawyers do? Do they think that, unless it can be substantiated, bringing it up officially will help her overturn the murder conviction, or will it seem to the jury that she's not getting a fair trial?

Lawyers don't always take every argument and run with it. Sometimes a prosecution witness may have credibility issues, but because that witness is a sympathetic figure, the defense will decline to cross-examine their testimony, because it hurts rather than helps their client.

And why would anyone be surprised if Knox didn't have faith in the system until she got away from it; they railroaded her for four years.

We all know that the behavior of Knox's parents became more subdued about these allegations during the appeal than during the first trial. Does that mean that they became convinced that the allegations were not true?

Maybe the lawyers told them, "Shut up. You're not helping your daughter."

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    This stuff about what Amanda Knox is "free" to say during her appeal being no different than what she can say after acquittal and out of the country is completely ridiculous.

Knox tells her lawyers that she she hit during the interrogation. Her parents do the same thing. So what do the lawyers do? Do they think that, unless it can be substantiated, bringing it up officially will help her overturn the murder conviction, or will it seem to the jury that she's not getting a fair trial?

Lawyers don't always take every argument and run with it. Sometimes a prosecution witness may have credibility issues, but because that witness is a sympathetic figure, the defense will decline to cross-examine their testimony, because it hurts rather than helps their client.

And why would anyone be surprised if Knox didn't have faith in the system until she got away from it; they railroaded her for four years.

We all know that the behavior of Knox's parents became more subdued about these allegations during the appeal than during the first trial. Does that mean that they became convinced that the allegations were not true?

Maybe the lawyers told them, "Shut up. You're not helping your daughter."
    Agree. I kept seeing people say things like, "well, if they did not do it and Rudy is the killer, why don't they stand up in court and say so?". I think they learned it gets you nothing there to accuse someone of anything, even if it is true.

I think you are right about the "shut up, you are not helping" business. And it was true. They did interviews, but never said they blamed Italy, or that anyone was evil, just that it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Why am I bringing it up again? Follow the thread.

And if you want to see the links go back and find them. They are all there. If you don't remember the discussion, that's your problem.

If others here are doubtful and request a review I will oblige... but for you? Oh pa-leeese.
    So much C R A P.

Tell us...how do you know when your face is saved yet? Do you just keep this charade going forever? You can't save your face this time. It's covered in you-know-what.

And please tell the forum...is "weird" a real psychological term? What is "weird" anyway? Who says what's normal? A psychologist? A professional qualified to evaluate such things? Or some douche bag police who got everything else wrong? How about the scared English bitches (translation: friend?) that just got the hell out of there without looking back?

Again, you are just full of it.

Good luck with that face thing. You've been 100% wrong all along.

I just finished watching the CBS "48 hours" program that aired Saturday night on the case. Although I am far past expecting network TV reporting to be accurate, they gave an account of the "Amanda being sexually harrassed in prison" story that makes more sense than what I had heard before.

* The story is coming out now because it was part of a letter that Amanda wrote years ago, when she was first in prison, to Bob Graham, telling him about this.
    * According to Amanda, this guy in the prison, who was a high ranking prison official, would invite her up to his office, and ask her about sex, how she liked it, who she had done it with, and asking if she would like to do it with him
    * At first, Amanda thought this guy was either a pervert or was interested in "doing it" with her, but she later came to realize he was trying to get her to confess to some sexual deviancy of some sort. Still, she was scared of him because she thought he did not have anyone overseeing him in the prison, so he could do what he wanted unchecked
    * At some point Amanda told her lawyers about this, and they complained and got it to stop

As I said, that narrative makes more sense. He didn't molest her, but she was afraid that might be his intent. And she did tell her lawyers about it.

Gee... isn't it curious that the journalist is Bob Graham from The Sun?

And she wrote the letter to him "years ago"...oh really, back when the Sun was calling her FoxyKnoxy?

Gimme a break.

----

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    And she did tell her lawyers about it.

Yet , in response to this story, her lawyers say she never complained about her treatment.

Let me repeat this: her lawyers say she never complained about her treatment.

Someone is lying.

Let's see... who should I believe...
    Last edited by Fabrizio; October 10th, 2011 at 03:56 AM.

That her lawyers didn't make a complaint doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Let me repeat that (again).

That her lawyers didn't make a complaint doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Let's believe the police. They never lie.

How could they make a complaint if she never complained?

This is her lawyers reaction to the story:

"Amanda Knox has never complained about the behavior of the police inspector of the prison Raffaele Argiro" and "never mentioned his name" say Knox's lawyers Carlo
    Dalla Vedova and Luciano Ghirga, commenting on the ANSA report today by the tabloid TheSun"

"We are grateful to the administration of the Capanne prison" noted lawyer Dalla Vedova, "for the cooperation given to the needs of the family". "Amanda has never mentioned violations against her."

http://www.lanazione.it/umbria/crona...a_accuse.shtml

I
    f CBS were running a true news story they would mention this.

But that's not what this about. It doesn't fit the bill of goods they are trying to sell.

How about that "doctor" that told Knox she was HIV positive.

Was he lying?

Remember: Only Amanda Knox lies.

Why are you the only one that can't grasp the fact that attorneys don't always use all the information available to them, or that clients don't always tell them everything?

Can someone other than one blinded by the "guilt" of Knox better explain this?

But just to be equally speculative:

"Amanda Knox has never complained about the behavior of the police inspector of the prison Raffaele Argiro" and "never mentioned his name" say Knox's lawyers Carlo"

Maybe it was someone else.

Maybe she was afraid to tell her lawyers because she was still in prison and under the control of the person or persons.

Lot's of "maybes" there.

Obviously her lawyers are pretty mystified about the allegations.

Instead of telling them ....she wrote a letter to the most trustworthy organization out there:

The Sun.

(Yeah, right)

Your certainty that she didn't tell her lawyers is a big maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Gee... isn't it curious that the journalist is Bob Graham from The Sun?

And she wrote the letter to him "years ago"...oh really, back when the Sun was calling her FoxyKnoxy?

Gimme a break.

----

Yet , in response to this story, her lawyers say she never complained about her treatment.

Let me repeat this: her lawyers say she never complained about her treatment.

Someone is lying.

Let's see... who should I believe...
    OK. So the person reporting this is Bob Graham, not Amanda. What is his reason for lying? What does he gain by that? Also, the Perugian authorities have lied repeatedly in this case. The actions of this prison official are also consistent with their actions in other parts of this trial. So why should be believe them, exactly?

Oh, the part I left out is that the prison official admits it happened, he just says that Amanda is the one who brought up the subject of sex. Give me one reason why you think that is believable.