Page 468 of 532 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 7969

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    It would be even more interesting to tally up the cost of the entire farce, including the video, the child murderer testimony, all the witnesses, attorneys, judges, the cost to the poor families who had to travel there from the UK and US, all when they already had the real killer convicted and in jail. Way more than just that silly video.
    Well, on that Hellmann will disagree with you. As he said after the trial:

“Se fossi stato nei Pubblici ministeri avrei fatto esattamente la stessa cosa: loro avevano elementi piu’ che sufficienti per indagare questi due ragazzi”

If I had been the prosecutor I would have done the exact same thing: they had more than enough elements to try these two kids.

http://qn.quotidiano.net/cronaca/201...lo_guede.shtml

Or,

"I threw a bone to the idiot."

The key here is two fold.

1. Was justice "served" or was authority abused and pride served instead?
    2. This was a questionable set of charges, and a really sad commentary on the whole law enforcement and legal system of that township/region/municipality. If you are spending $300K on a PORTION of a case that, when brought to the eyes of the world is eventually found to be so flimsy that they all wonder how it could have held that much poop for so long, you wonder if the PEOPLE of that area would welcome, say, $1M of their money being spent on a frivolous criminal case with no real basis.

^ Despite what the last trial found, most people here believe that Knox and Sollecito are guilty. As (I think) most Americans believe that Casey Anthony and OJ are guilty...no matter what the court ruled.

Most people probably believed Knox and Sollecito were guilty long before the trial.

Big difference: There was plenty of evidence that Casey and OJ were guilty at the trials.

@NH: Why do they even care about the money? That's what was wrong with the entire saga?

Another dog and pony show.

Re: video.

It should be noted that the video only covered what the prosecution believes were the dynamics of the last minutes of the crime, based on the knife wounds, position if the body etc.

Even more absurd than the video's 180,000.00 Euro price tag (including VAT)...is Hellman's contention that Guede acted alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Re: video.

It should be noted that the video only covered what the prosecution believes were the dynamics of the last minutes of the crime, based on the knife wounds, position if the body etc.

Even more absurd than the video's 180,000.00 Euro price tag (including VAT)...is Hellman's contention that Guede acted alone.
    What is most absurd is anyone's contention that Guede did not act alone, when there is no believable evidence that anyone else was there.

This is a case of the prosecution having clear evidence that a person was there, in the murder room, at the time Meredith was bleeding to death -- a person who admits he was there, then told a series of obviously bogus stories trying to claim he did not actually kill her. But instead of prosecuting him fully, they do contortions and backflips to convict two other people who they cannot prove were even present at the scene. As a result, the real killer has received an overly light punishment, the state has spent huge amounts of money, and much unnecessary suffering has resulted.

That's what I would call absurd.

It would be even more interesting to tally up the cost of the entire farce, including the video, the child murderer testimony, all the witnesses, attorneys, judges, the cost to the poor families who had to travel there from the UK and US, all when they already had the real killer convicted and in jail. Way more than just that silly video.
    Oops! I forgot the 35000+ tapped phone calls. How much did those cost, and what evidence did they find from those?

"35000+ tapped phone calls"

Quite a figure. That works out to how many phone calls a day?

Re: Guede acted alone. Not only the first trial, but The Supreme Court too came to the conclusion that he did not act alone.

---

At least with the Casey Anthony prosecution video they used emotional wrenching effects like a baby's face decaying into a skull.

All we got were avatars like an old Dire Straits video.

We was robbed.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

What is most absurd is anyone's contention that Guede did not act alone, when there is no believable evidence that anyone else was there.
    And of course, if Guede did not act alone, it just had to be Knox and Sollecito who were the accomplices.

She's a ninja.

Trust me.

I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    She's a ninja.

Trust me.

I know.
    Takes one to know one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    "35000+ tapped phone calls"

Quite a figure. That works out to how many phone calls a day?

Re: Guede acted alone. Not only the first trial, but The Supreme Court too came to the conclusion that he did not act alone.

---

At least with the Casey Anthony prosecution video they used emotional wrenching effects like a baby's face decaying into a skull.

All we got were avatars like an old Dire Straits video.

We was robbed.
    According to this article, which I cannot vouch for the accuracy of, it was
    39,952 calls over a 6 month period. Really rough math makes that 222 calls a day. Seems high, but I guess that depends on how many people they were tapping.

And yes, you was robbed. On that we can agree!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...n-wiretapping/
    Last edited by dougm; May 3rd, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Amanda Knox slander trial postponed in Italy until 2013 because judge busy with another trial

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...BFU_story.html

How conveeeeeeeeeeeeient!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	church-lady.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	15416

Could it be.... SATAN??!?!?!?