Page 471 of 536 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Raffaele comes across as a completely honorable person. If he'd wavered an inch he'd have been able to go free -- and Amanda would be a goner. The fact that he chose to stay in prison rather than bend to the will of those in power says alot.

Of course, Mignini denies any talk of any deal to let Raffaele off the hook if he would implicate Amanda. I wonder if he'll take any legal action? I suspect he would prefer this is not investigated.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CCAQ7gEwAA

Amanda Knox to Give Her First Interview to ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...w-to-abc-news/

Exclusive Interview with Diane Sawyer Will Air During an ABC News Primetime Special on Tuesday, April 30 at 10:00 PM
    Amanda Knox, the college junior who became the center of a murder trial that riveted the attention of millions around the world, has never told her story. Now after the dramatic Italian trial, conviction, and the court appeal that finally acquitted and freed her she will speak to ABC News.
    The exclusive interview will air during primetime special on Tuesday, April 30 at 10:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network. It will also be featured across all ABC News broadcasts and platforms including “World News with Diane Sawyer,” “Good Morning America,” and “Nightline” as well as ABCNews.com, Yahoo!, ABC News Radio, and ABC’s local affiliates.
    Knox was convicted in December 2009 and spent four years in prison on the charge of murdering her British roommate, but was then released and cleared in October 2011. Knox’s firsthand account of her voyage from American student studying abroad to a woman facing decades in a foreign prison will include details she has never shared.
    The interview airs in conjunction with the publication of Knox’s highly anticipated book “Waiting to Be Heard,” which will be published by HarperCollins on April 30, 2013.

Forum Veteran

the thread that never dies - I will never understand the obsession with this person

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    the thread that never dies - I will never understand the obsession with this person
    Plain and simple. She's hot. If she was some busted-up hag there wouldn't have been a fraction of the coverage she received.

Hot? More like the classic passive victim -- damsel in distress. Appealing to many.

Mignini = Snidely Whiplash?

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Mignini = Snidely Whiplash?
    Maybe, but who is Dudley Do right?

Name:  dudley.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  8.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's an interesting case with a large cast of characters. I don't think it is her being "hot" -- although she is an attractive young woman, there are lots of "hot" models out there to look at who are more super hot than her. There are a lot of other issues that got people interested, IMO. But I understand how people who are not that into it don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    Maybe, but who is Dudley Do right?
    Raffaele Sollecito.

He could have sold her out for a ticket out of prison.

He did the right thing.

Wouldn't that make him Spike Lee?

Italian Supreme Court to announce decision on the case in about an hour and a half, give or take. FYI, in case anyone is still interested.

What happens if they overturn the overturn?

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    What happens if they overturn the overturn?
    I think the US of A will effectively do just that. In the unlikely event Italy requests her to be extradited, there's no way the States will let her go. Foxy should be protected by the 5th amendment and the Double Jeopardy Clause therein.

I had sort of forgotten about her too. Boy is she cute. Where are the reality TV hounds? She needs to be on Survivor.