Page 476 of 536 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Nope.

Still not the article.
    I've been told that the translation I posted is of that article, by an Italian who translated it. I'll check again, but I can only go by what someone who speaks both languages tells me. It doesn't match at all? Or are you saying the translation is faulty?

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Thanks for the article, dougm.

So Hellman basically reiterates the points made by many of us on this thread hundreds of pages ago.
    This :"It was all centered around the knife found in Sollecito’s home and the bra clasp of the victim recovered, in a second visit, at the scene of the crime. All the other elements against them were nonsense" basically sums it up in a nutshell. When those items fall apart under scrutiny, there's just nothing left.

I'll never understand the axe that people still grind, despite all we know. The other day I was reading the piece in the NY Times and Peter Quenell was all over every remark in the comments section, like some kind of obsessed nutcase.
    Recently, I have been observing various criminal cases in the US and also have seen various TV shows and news broadcasts where people are discussing evidence in murder cases. I see debates all the time where even the people trying to prove the case are saying things like, "well, we have XYZ evidence, but we need more, that is not enough to prove the case". In all of these cases, both real and fictional, the police have substantially more evidence than there is against Amanda and Raffaele.

eddhead you posted in no uncertain terms:

Could you please substantiate this from an authoritative

Thanks in advance.
    actually, i am done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    The shortest description that captures the entire five years.
    What is amazing and sad is that what is happening from this whole process is the continued victimization of the families.

The charging and wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito has caused the Kercher family to be confused and believe that they must have had something to do with the crime. The same has caused the Knox/Mellas and Sollecito families to be continually forced to live under a cloud, spend millions on lawyers, and for the two accused to have their lives on hold and continually wrapped up in this mess.

So now this mess will go again, to be 7, 8, maybe 10 years? Will anyone ever be satisfied? This should have been over, but now everyone is facing another 2-3 years of this. What a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    What is amazing and sad is that what is happening from this whole process is the continued victimization of the families.

What a travesty.
    It really is a truly 'bone chilling' travesty.
    Amanda only wanted a European vacation and an Italian education: she ended up getting "noting but trouble". This all reminds me of the funnies move ever; and the depiction of one wacky 'Justice System' in the town of Valkenvania......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGVZISx-oWs

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    I've been told that the translation I posted is of that article, by an Italian who translated it. I'll check again, but I can only go by what someone who speaks both languages tells me. It doesn't match at all? Or are you saying the translation is faulty?
    This looks like the right source for the translation:

http://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news/...cdE3g.facebook

L'intervista, parla il giudice: "Ecco perché ho assolto Amanda"

Quote Originally Posted by UnionCityBlue View Post
    This looks like the right source for the translation:

http://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news/...cdE3g.facebook

L'intervista, parla il giudice: "Ecco perché ho assolto Amanda"
    I think that is correct. Thanks!

What do you think of Amanda Knox's lawyer saying: "the high court's decision does not raise a double jeopardy problem because the retrial would not be a new case but rather a continuation of the same case on appeal"?

See post 7095.
    No one cares. The only people who matter on the issue of double jeoaprdy are the US State Department and the judge who would rule on any application for extradition, and the only law that will be relevant will be Knox's rights under the US Constitution. No one will care what some lawyer from Italy thinks.

The best outcome of all, IMO, would be if the Italian authorities actually requested extradition, and then we could have a trial over whether the proceedings in Italy were so flawed that they were fundamentally unfair. We might even find a judge who would declare Knox to be actually innocent and/or that the prosecution was the result of prejudice/corruption. My, my wouldn't that be interesting. I'm not sure taht this thing has been fully thought through by the Italians yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    No one will care what some lawyer from Italy thinks.

This is Alan Dershowitz writing about the issue. Not even he can give a definitive answer:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...256488436.html

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    ... and then we could have a trial over whether the proceedings in Italy were so flawed that they were fundamentally unfair.
    Great idea... and we can do the same with Enrico Forti and Carlo Parlanti.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; April 2nd, 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Great idea... and we can do the same with Enrico Forti and Carlo Parlanti.
    Well, they're already in jail, so that's not going to work. Anyway, nobody here is prejudiced against Italians, the way Perugian cops and the Italian judiciary hate on Americans. Weirdos.

This is Alan Dershowitz writing about the issue. Not even he can give a definitive answer:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...256488436.html

That's great. The more ambiguous the law, the more complicated the proceeding, and the more opportunity to make Italian justice look like a monkey show.

Everyone's getting worked up about the legal system in a country that voted a lech like Berlusconi into power, not once, not twice but three times and may in fact do so again!

The politics is nuts and the legal system a joke as a result of that. Foxy won't go within a thousand miles of Italy for the rest of her life. She's innocent. Story over.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    Story over.
    Unfortunately, that's nowhere near true.

Calling all interested parties: Back down the rabbit hole.

Yeah. I was speaking in terms of common sense and justice. Silly me.

Maybe the Italian SC justices thought there were not enough posts in this thread!!