Page 478 of 536 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    So convicted felon Amanda Knox, who was found quilty of *lying* by the Supreme Court, says in her book she did not turn cartwheels.

It figures.
    Are you suggesting that's all she has to say. You've read the book?

Yeah, it figures.

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    Here we go, back with the odd behavior, the "cartwheels", and the kissing. Too bad there is not actually any believable evidence she killed anyone.
    But it fits the circus atmosphere. I heard a rumor that while Knox was doing cartwheels, Mignini was juggling.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    But it fits the circus atmosphere. I heard a rumor that while Knox was doing cartwheels, Mignini was juggling.
    Circus atmosphere is right! And for some reason, the courts in Italy just want to keep the circus going. With a another trial coming up, it just keeps Amanda in the news longer and gives more attention to the interviews and the book.

It will be interesting to see what the motivation report says about why the appeal verdict was rejected.

Yes indeed, here we go again back with the cartwheels. Perhaps lofter should not have mentioned it?

--------------------------------

Re: calunnia conviction. It may be a joke to you but it sure isn't to the Supreme Court: it is now a definitive conviction. And the "aggravating circumstances" from the appeal trial have been done away with.

Not looking good.

Yes indeed, here we go again back with the cartwheels. Perhaps lofter should not have mentioned it?

Re: calunnia conviction. It may be a joke to you but it sure isn't to the Supreme Court: it is now a definitive conviction. And the "aggravating circumstances" from the appeal trial have been done away with.

Not looking good.
    It's not that I don't take it seriously.

To gang up on someone, purposely confuse and abuse her, over a dozen to one, and then, when she makes a confused statement that she openly says is probably not true, charge her with a crime for making it -- that is an embarrassing joke. I hope she can ultimately file suit with the ECHR over it, once this whole thing is over.

Of course, the way this is going they may convict her of the murder all over again, using bogus evidence, testimony from confused heroine addicts, etc. If they are not embarrassed by the calunnia conviction, I guess they can try to go for the embarrassment hall of fame.

when she makes a confused statement that she openly says is probably not true...
    As liars trying to cover-their-ass are want to do.

"A lawyer for Knox, Luciano Ghirga, told reporters Friday that his client had given "three versions and ... it is difficult to evaluate which one is true."

He also said he had warned Knox against making unfounded accusations. "We told her that it would be worse than assassination to accuse an innocent person. We explained to her what slander means in Italy and we'll see," Ghirga said."

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne..._italy10m.html

Guys...she'll never be extradited, and she probably won't be going over there for spaghetti and meatballs any time soon... so who gives a crap what the bozos in Italy do or say...now or back in the good ol' stupid days of talking about cartwheels and giggles. Amanda's free, and the same old haters are still grinding hate into their coffee each morning over it. What pathetic losers.

It's not that I don't take it seriously.
    You're kidding, right?

All the seriousness has been boiled away over, what now, six freaking years. The real murderer will be turned loose before this is over. There's nothing left but a big joke. The biggest joke of all is that the only speedy aspect of this shit was Rudy's "fast track" trial. Right, get him out of the way. Don't want his messy testimony coming out in cross-examination during the Knox-Sollecito trial.

Of course, the way this is going they may convict her of the murder all over again,
    Why not. They railroaded her once.

Not looking good.
    Let me get this straight. She was convicted of lying. And that makes her felon. And that is OK with you.

If that is true, I know a lot of 4 year-old felons. Really, you've got to stop this.

(Knowing the US, it probably does have 4 year old convicted felons.)

Sorry, but I just don't know how to answer eddhead's question.

(Does anyone remember Gilda Radner's Emily Litella?)

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    Really, you've got to stop this.
    Like a train, hard to stop. Just wait for the wreck.

Maybe I'm wrong but in my view from what I've read I suspect Knox is guilty, but she has a good lawyer, enough said. Perhaps if she's innocent she'll return and prove her innocence? Let's see .....

What do you mean "enough said?"

How much do you know about this case?

Perhaps if she's innocent she'll return and prove her innocence?
    In what country do you have to prove your innocence?

At this point, the 'problem' we are having is a failure to communicate. This youtube vid, 'The Italian man who went to malta' offers a comedic look at a more basic version of the same problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-QNSCVQ-7Y

(Knowing the US, it probably does have 4 year old convicted felons.)

(Does anyone remember Gilda Radner's Emily Litella?)
    That's really what this is about for you isn't it? You can't bear that criticism of the Italian justice system, or this specific case, is coming from people who live in the US, so your way of dealing with it is saying "oh yeah? well it's better than yours!"

I can't help but think that if this was a situation where an Italian national foreign student was caught up in a similar circumstance on US soil, you would be taking the opposing view.

Patronize all you want but the bottom line is that yours is not an objective perspective. As I posted previously, your consistently single-minded defense of all things Italian undermines your credibility.