Page 520 of 536 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Another falsehood:

You'll often hear the Amandites pull out the "Filomena lawyered up" thing.

They of course don't mention that Filomena was a student lawyer working full time at a law firm.

It is typical of their deceitfulness.

Amanda even mentions that she used their law firm in the first days after the murder to help with getting things from her house: "First things first though, my roommates both work for lawyers, and they are going to try to send a request through on monday to retrieve important documents of ours that are still in the house".

Today Filomena is in fact a practicing lawyer:
    http://www.legaliti.it/avvocato/filomena-romanelli/

I don't get it, how is that 'deceitful?' The point generally made by that is one is best off having a lawyer when talking to the police in a murder investigation. Had Amanda and Raffaele gotten lawyers this would have gone down much differently. Instead of 'Silly Girl and Stoner go to Capanne' starting with being called in late at night and being questioned and signing statements until almost 6 AM, a lawyer would have suggested that wasn't such a good idea. Thus Raffaele doesn't get his nights conflated, and they don't get to spend hours with Amanda on little sleep and hammer down on who she exchanged texts with the night of the murder. They could investigate their suspicions regarding her contact with Patrick the night of the murder and the 5th and find out Patrick did have an ironclad alibi, and that was just coincidence. Incidentally did you know Patrick called down to the Questura on the second to talk to Amanda? Combined with the other that might have seemed suspicious, that perhaps Patrick was concerned about Amanda talking with police.

Being in a law office Filomena (and Laura) knew better, Amanda and Raffaele didn't. That changed the whole 'script.' Had they realized Amanda and Patrick's contact was meaningless, when Rudy Guede was tracked down and arrested in Germany they might have been able to admit that maybe a burglar and erstwhile basketball player could climb up to that window easily enough, thus the break-in wasn't staged. Not having told the press of (at least) three nations that there was some sordid ritualistic rape-murder sex-game whatever they could have just tried and prosecuted Rudy Guede, and everyone else could have gone on with their lives.

Zip: thanks for commenting on the grave discrepancies between "Honor Bound" and Raff's prison diary/letter to his father.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Knox produced two statements that night. One after 5AM.

I wonder why she changed it. Didn't like the way it flowed? Maybe someone else didn't like it. Too bad we can't go to the videotape.
    Changed what? Have you ever read the 2 statements? There is nothing "changed"in the 5.45 statement from the 1.45.

The 5:45 statement further elaborates the info in the 1.45 statement, but the info is basically the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaosium: fabulous. Keep going!
    Last edited by Fabrizio; June 1st, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Yes... his book is really that full of lies.

And the court will be looking into all of it.

uh-oh, he is in trouuublle

Say it with me now... Calunnia

Changed what? Have you ever read the 2 statements? There is nothing "changed"in the 5.45 statement from the 1.45.

The 5:45 statement further elaborates the info in the 1.45 statement, but the info is basically the same.
    Oh excuse me, Amanda felt the need to further elaborate her spontaneous statement. Of course, by this time she was fluent in formal Italian.

Was this before or after they started feeding her tea & biscuits?

Of course, by this time she was fluent in formal Italian.
    Uh... no... but Anna Donnino is fluent in both Italian and English.

(try harder)

That's up in the air now. Eddhead is in Chicago. He's still a Yankee and Jets fan, though. But if he starts talking about Thuh Bears, we're sending out an intervention team.
    I am having serious Yankee withdrawal I am actually starting to twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    uh-oh, he is in trouuublle

As Michael Mewshaw ended his review in the Washington Post regarding Knox:
    "But since the Italian prosecutor has been granted the right to reopen the case, she might be wise from here on to be vigilant about what she writes and says."

I don't know about eventual consequences for Knox, but Sollecito is an Italian citizen. He is still a suspect in a murder case.

I think Mewshaw's advice to Knox would apply even more importantly to Sollecito.

Geez, he keeps missing it. Like he said uptread:
    I limit myself...
    Limited. That's a good word.

Hey Fabrizio, as long as you're going to be awake all night guarding Italy, could you check on that landlord and the knife?

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    I am having serious Yankee withdrawal I am actually starting to twitch.
    You can't get games?

Gotta go Eddhead. Yankees are on Fox.

It's been unbearably hot here the last few days.

Yes... his book is really that full of lies.

And the court will be looking into all of it.

Do you suppose he and his lawyers don't know that? Perhaps you don't have all the information you need to come to that conclusion?
    On the 7th.... the day after his arrest, Sollecito has no confusion about dates... none at all and he never mentions anything about having dates confused with the police or asking for a calendar. In his diary on the 7th he writes:

"I remember that it was Thursday and therefore Amanda had to go to the pub where she usually works, but I do not remember how long she was gone."
    --------------

Sollecito writes:

And yet Knox's confession was signed at 1.45.

Also: Sollecito writes "I just knew this part was not right." and "I told my interrogators this part needed to be changed,"

What bullcrap.
    Before Matteini (on Nov 8th) he told her that the cops had put the part about (what is often translated as) 'load of crap' into the second statement, when that is what they'd said to him. They sweet-talked him into signing it, saying they needed it for 'official reasons' or somesuch, and he took it back before Matteini.

In his diary (Nov. 7th) he writes:

"The judge questioned me today and he told me that I gave three different statements, but the only difference that I find is that I said that Amanda persuaded me to talk crap in the second version, and that she had gone out to go to the bar where she worked, Le Chic. But I do not remember exactly whether she went out or not to go to that pub and as a consequence I do not remember how long she was gone for. What is the big problem?"

He didn't write that on November 7th, he's referring to the hearing before Matteini on the 8th. I don't know if the reason you have it on the 7th is because he didn't write a date there, perhaps because he just started a new page and didn't date it,
    or because it was missed in the translation process. Otherwise it appears he is referring to what 'I said' in the statements, and wondering what the big deal is that he can't remember exactly, perhaps as he didn't murder anyone and thinks it's ridiculous to think he or Amanda did. Later on the deluge of police lies and press errors will cause him to wonder temporarily if she had, as I'm sure you know, but on the 8th he thinks this is all just a big mistake and he will soon be getting out of prison.

As we now know Amanda most definitely didn't go to Le Chic, however that's the cops theory at this juncture.

And for nearly 2 weeks after his signed statement, he's still waffling about whether Knox was home all evening or not. And he never mentions about the coppers sticking a paper under his nose forcing him to sign.

On the 18th (!) he's still not in definite support of Knox's alibi:
    "Thinking and reconstructing, I think that she always remained with me; the only thing I do not remember exactly is if she went out for a few minutes in the early evening."

If Amanda went out for a few minutes in the early evening it would have absolutely nothing to do with the murder, especially being as it is known that Meredith was alive until 9 PM, and it takes more than a few minutes to murder someone. What he's probably referring to is Amanda having stepped out and gone out to a store on the 31st, the mentioning of which is what caused the police to get all excited that night in the Questura, and he's still not certain what day that was but it doesn't matter as it couldn't have anything to do with the murder.
    Last edited by Kaosium; June 1st, 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosium View Post
    If Amanda went out for a few minutes in the early evening it would have absolutely nothing to do with the murder, especially being as it is known that Meredith was alive until 9 PM, and it takes more than a few minutes to murder someone. What he's probably referring to is Amanda having stepped out and gone out to a store on the 31st, the mentioning of which is what caused the police to get all excited that night in the Questura, and he's still not certain what day that was but it doesn't matter as it couldn't have anything to do with the murder.
    So, looking at this backward from the present:

What's supposed to have happened in an alternate universe where Knox doesn't have an alibi for a period of time on the night of Nov 1, and leaves the apartment?

She takes the knife, meets up with Guede and goes to the cottage, or goes to the cottage and lets Guede in, or goes to the cottage and Guede is already there. At some point, Guede murders Kercher. Knox returns to the apartment, and tells Sollecito that she and another man killed her roommate, and they have to go back and remove evidence. Sollecito agrees.

Besides the overall absurdity of this scenario, what happens to the multiple-attacker theory - do they try to put Knox back in the bedroom? And what about the bra-clasp?

We need to see alternate universe #2, where Sollecito says he isn't sure if he was home that night.

So, looking at this backward from the present:

What's supposed to have happened in an alternate universe where Knox doesn't have an alibi for a period of time on the night of Nov 1, and leaves the apartment?

She takes the knife, meets up with Guede and goes to the cottage, or goes to the cottage and lets Guede in, or goes to the cottage and Guede is already there. At some point, Guede murders Kercher. Knox returns to the apartment, and tells Sollecito that she and another man killed her roommate, and they have to go back and remove evidence. Sollecito agrees.

Besides the overall absurdity of this scenario, what happens to the multiple-attacker theory - do they try to put Knox back in the bedroom? And what about the bra-clasp?

We need to see alternate universe #2, where Sollecito says he isn't sure if he was home that night.

I have a feeling if this gets prosecuted in Florence they won't be trying to put Raffaele and Amanda in the murder room, but will attempt some scenario where they're involved and cover for Rudy for some reason. The bra clasp is a problem with that theory, as where it was (originally) found it was under the pillow with Rudy's traces on it and of course the bra itself has Rudy's traces on it.

Oh shit, Rigid Fabrizio went to Wiki.

My only recourse is Urban Dictionary

Two-for-one, Merry.
    Thanks, Zip .

About time this thread was renamed to something more...reflective?

Very topical (first definition). Did you have this one pre-prepared, ready to go, Fab?

--------------------------
    Do we need a bit of:

on this:

or maybe get Chief Wiggum on the case?

...laughs all round (and round, and round), either way .

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosium View Post
    I have a feeling if this gets prosecuted in Florence they won't be trying to put Raffaele and Amanda in the murder room, but will attempt some scenario where they're involved and cover for Rudy for some reason. The bra clasp is a problem with that theory, as where it was (originally) found it was under the pillow with Rudy's traces on it and of course the bra itself has Rudy's traces on it.
    Putting aside for the moment the problems that would arise for the prosecution, remove the bra clasp and knife as evidence.

Amanda and Raffaele are present in the cottage when Rudy murders Meredith. He escapes and they have to cover his crime. This removes another problem for the prosecution - motive. Their motive could be fear of Rudy, or hiding their own presence.

That could be explained in the moment of Nov 1, 2007, but it falls apart as you move forward. A logical place to examine it is the appeal. Rudy has already been convicted and is in prison. They've already been sentenced to more time than any other involvement would bring. You no longer have two people acting impulsively; there are lawyers to advise them.

Maybe Homer can figure it out.

You can't get games?

Gotta go Eddhead. Yankees are on Fox.

It's been unbearably hot here the last few days.
    We're still in corporate housing and stuck with their cable package. Direct TV seems to the only local provider that carries YES - which is fine, I will need it for their Sunday NFL package anyway, but I can't get it until I find permanent housing. Once i a while I watch a game at Harry Carey's - a terrific sports bar in River North, but they usually don't have the Yankees on.

Yes comes bundled with Direct TV's their highest priced package the cost of which literally made me gasp. Sharing that piece of news with Mrs. eddhead wasn't fun.
    Last edited by eddhead; June 2nd, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Putting aside for the moment the problems that would arise for the prosecution, remove the bra clasp and knife as evidence.

Amanda and Raffaele are present in the cottage when Rudy murders Meredith. He escapes and they have to cover his crime. This removes another problem for the prosecution - motive. Their motive could be fear of Rudy, or hiding their own presence.

That could be explained in the moment of Nov 1, 2007, but it falls apart as you move forward. A logical place to examine it is the appeal. Rudy has already been convicted and is in prison. They've already been sentenced to more time than any other involvement would bring. You no longer have two people acting impulsively; there are lawyers to advise them.

Maybe Homer can figure it out.
    There's also the problem of what did they actually do for Rudy? Staged the break-in? For Rudy the burglar? Using his MO?

Then calling police the next day before he got out of town? Pointing out his traces to police immediately? They certainly didn't clean up any of his mess!

Then there's Amanda in the Questura surrounded by cops, safest place in Perugia probably, unless of course the Polizia di Stato wants something from you, then you're pretty much pucked. So how come that's not when Rudy's name comes out?

No, there's lots of reasons that doesn't work, especially them spending four years in prison over it, betting their lives. Mignini appealed the Massei sentence too, he wanted life.