Page 521 of 536 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

  1. #7801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosium View Post
    No, there's lots of reasons that doesn't work, especially them spending four years in prison over it, betting their lives. Mignini appealed the Massei sentence too, he wanted life.
    Whatever scenario you try to plug into the equation, you get a complicated story that doesn't make sense.

    In the majority of cases like this that I've read about, the complicated part is matching evidence to an UNSUB. The murder stories themselves, although grisly and rare in occurrence, are usually straightforward. The longer it drags on, the harder it is for the prosecution - and the public - to accept the simple explanation.

    There are a lot of similarities between Knox and West Memphis Three..

    Ritualistic murders. Not.

    Improper handling of the crime scene.

    Coerced confessions. Dual confessions by one defendant inconsistent with each other and with crime specifics.

    False accusation by one defendant. Turned out none of the victims were raped; the evidence was misinterpreted.

    Witness intimidation by police.

    Jury misconduct.

  2. #7802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Yep, those salad days when the idiots in Perugia thought they had evidence are long gone.



    A summary of the SCofC Motivation Report:
    http://themurderofmeredithkercher.co...ivation_Report

  3. #7803

    Default

    The Court of Castration[sounds appropriately medieval] decides that an uncontested ruling [no rebuttal by the defense at the Guede "fast track" trial], and no opportunity for cross examination by the Knox and Sollecito defense lawyers, that there were multiple attackers, is suddenly "evidence" against the two.

    Only in silly Italy.

    You need to go no further than point #1: "The fact that nothing was missing from Romanelli's room that had been targeted (not even the camera or laptop);"

    So in a real burglary gone wrong, where the burglar murders a house occupant, his primary goal afterwards is still to remove items from the house, things that could point to his involvement in a murder if he tries to fence them.

    Yeah, only in silly Italy.

    And the Court of Castration also ruled that Florence has to revisit the ridiculous "sex game gone wrong" scenario that was even rejected by the Massei court.

    Only in silly Italy.

    All this shows is that what many may have thought was a local problem with the investigative and court system in Perugia, is starting to look like a systemic problem in Italy. They've sent a signal to Florence to give them a verdict that "syncs up" with the Guede trial. It will mean a few more years of appeals, a trip to the ECHR, and maybe US federal court. This murder will probably have a 10 year anniversary before a final settlement, Guede [you know, the real murderer] will be out of prison, and Knox may have a family of her own.

    Fun times for silly Italy.

    You obviously have come here to gloat about this; I wonder if most other Italians are as dense as that wall, or do they realize how silly this looks to jurists outside Italy.

    Back to Peggy & Pete.

  4. #7804

    Default

    Make that: back to Bruce Fischer & the Amandites.

  5. #7805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    And the Court of Castration also ruled that Florence has to revisit the ridiculous "sex game gone wrong" scenario that was even rejected by the Massei court.
    Rejected by the Massei Court?

    Another display of the total ignorance of the case.

  6. #7806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Rejected by the Massei Court?
    Yes

  7. #7807

    Default

    It seems the natives are restless.

    Italian economy has contracted every quarter since Knox left the country. 40% youth unemployment.

    Gotta pay lip service to the Torch & Pitchfork people; maybe they can make them all lawyers.

  8. #7808

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Yes

    *sigh*

    From the Massei Report:

    Amanda Marie Knox.... Raffaele Sollecito.... charged (C) with the felony to which articles 110, 609(b) and (c) section 2 of the Criminal Code apply, in concourse amongst themselves and with RUDY HERMANN GUEDE (with GUEDE the material executor, in complicity with the co-accused), constrained MEREDITH KERCHER to submit to sexual acts, with digital and/or genital penetration, by means of violence and threats, consisting of restraining actions...

  9. #7809

    Default

    Amanda Marie Knox.... Raffaele Sollecito.... charged

    Where does that word usually appear in court documents?

    What were the final conclusions?

  10. #7810

    Default

    "KNOX Amanda Marie and SOLLECITO Raffaele guilty of the crimes ascribed to them under chapter A) of the charges, into said crime being absorbed the felony contested under chapter C)"

    (A) with the felony to which articles 110, 575, 576 paragraph 1 section 5 of the Criminal Code apply, in relation to the crime listed under chapter (C), and 577 paragraph 1 section 4, in relation to article 61 sections 1 and 5 of the Criminal Code, for having, in complicity amongst themselves [in concorso fra loro]1 and with RUDY HERMANN GUEDE, killed MEREDITH KERCHER, by means of strangulation with consequent fracture of ......(etc).... and deep lesions to.....(etc)....committing the deed for trivial reasons (motivi futili), while GUEDE, in concourse with the others, was committing the felony of sexual assault.

    (C) with the felony to which articles 110, 609(b) and (c) section 2 of the Criminal Code apply, in concourse amongst themselves and with RUDY HERMANN GUEDE (with GUEDE the material executor, in complicity with the co-accused), constrained MEREDITH KERCHER to submit to sexual acts, with digital and/or genital penetration, by means of violence and threats, consisting of restraining actions productive of lesions....

    (N.B.) Concorso (translated as “complicity”) is a term in Italian law indicating that the actions and realised intentions which resulted in the event that occurred were shared, in such a way that there is shared legal responsibility for the crime. It is a technical term with its own jurisprudence, and is divided into sub- categories for the several kinds of concorso codified into law, each with different meanings. The possibilities include: having a role in the chain of causes that produce a crime, planning an action committed by others, sharing an intention different from the actual crime, lending moral support, being necessary to an action, or bringing support while not being unnecessary. For murder, the concept can be compared with the old common law felonies of murder-in-company, and robbery-in-company.

    -----



  11. #7811

    Default

    So they didn't really know if it was a sex game, or whatever. "Trivial reasons" - LOL.

    And when I say Massei, I don't refer to these self-serving motivation reports; that's not evidence. I refer to the Massei trial. How many times was the motive changed at trial?

    And if you have such high stock in these motivations, please explain point #1:

    A burglary escalates into a murder.

    Nothing is taken as the murderer flees.

    Conclusion: It was not a robbery at all, so it must have been staged.

    In what world is that the logical conclusion?

    Off to Peggy & Peter.

  12. #7812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    So they didn't really know if it was a sex game, or whatever.

    From the Massei Report:

    "Amanda also, therefore, is to be found at the scene of the crime, and she also participated in the violence against Meredith, united with Raffaele and Rudy, with one objective pursued together, and participated in together: to subdue Meredith, allowing Rudy to sexually assault her, creating a situation of violence and eroticism, as observed earlier."

    Only in Knoxville was the "sex game gone wrong" scenario rejected by the Massei court.


    ----

    Note that after the words "trivial reasons" the English translators at PMF inserted the original Italian "motivi futili". Because the term does not translate easily into English.

    In the context, "motivi futili" would in my opinion indicate a hazing.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; June 22nd, 2013 at 06:24 PM.

  13. #7813

    Default

    ^
    Again you refer to the ridiculous Massei Report. Was it established in court testimony that the motive was a sex game gone wrong? Did Mignini offer other motives?

    And why can't you or Peggy or Peter answer the burglary question?

  14. #7814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    In the context, "motivi futili" would in my opinion indicate a hazing.
    Is your opinion in the court record?

  15. #7815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Again you refer to the ridiculous Massei Report. Was it established in court testimony that the motive was a sex game gone wrong?
    You original claim was : "the sex game gone wrong scenario was rejected by the Massei Court"

    No it wasn't rejected. You are wrong. I quoted above the conclusions of the Court.

    "Amanda also, therefore, is to be found at the scene of the crime, and she also participated in the violence against Meredith, united with Raffaele and Rudy, with one objective pursued together, and participated in together: to subdue Meredith, allowing Rudy to sexually assault her, creating a situation of violence and eroticism, as observed earlier."

    If you know otherwise, then please substantiate your statement that the sex game scenario was rejected.

    -----

    The burglary question: "A burglary escalates into a murder..." etc. I honestly don't know what you are talking about, so I can't answer it.

Similar Threads

  1. London's Congestion Charge Two Years On
    By ablarc in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
  2. New Years Eve in Time Square
    By clasione in forum Social Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
  3. Airtrain Newark, two years and still growing
    By STT757 in forum New York Metro
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 27th, 2003, 10:17 PM
  4. Almost 2 years later, the events of 9.11.01 still hurt
    By Qtrainat1251 in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 10th, 2003, 10:34 PM
  5. Where to live? - Possibly moving to NYC in a few years...
    By Jonny in forum Moving to New York
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 21st, 2003, 11:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software