Page 522 of 536 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    You original claim was : "the sex game gone wrong was rejected by the Massei Court"
    The Massei court is not the motivations report. I explained it previously. Did or did not the prosecution offer alternate motives? Was this not challenged by cross examination? Just because opinions are expressed in court rulings doesn't mean that they are facts. If that was the case, then Hellman's rulings would also be fact.

The burglary question: "A burglary escalates into a murder..." etc. I honestly don't know what you are talking about, so it would be hard for me to answer.
    This is just as simple as te knife question. You remember that one, right? How the knife got to the cottage.

Just think it out. If a burglar is surprised by someone after gaining entry into a house and subsequently kills her, and leaves without stealing anything - what is the most plausible conclusion:

A - There was no burglary at all.
    B- The burglar was more concerned with not getting charged with murder, and fled.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    The Massei court is not the motivations report. I explained it previously. Did or did not the prosecution offer alternate motives? Was this not challenged by cross examination? Just because opinions are expressed in court rulings doesn't mean that they are facts. If that was the case, then Hellman's rulings would also be fact.
    LOL. Ok Zip. You win. The sex game gone wrong scenario was rejected by the Massei Court.

Maybe before you LOL, how about answering the question?

It's really simple.

An excellent interview with heavyweight Alan Dershowitz:

http://voicerussia.com/radio_broadca...886/109082024/

Still can't answer a simple question.

Was there ever a doubt?

Did the Court of Castration overstep its bounds?

The Court of Cassation cannot overrule the trial court's interpretation of the evidence but can correct a lower court's interpretation or application of the law.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_o...on_%28Italy%29

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Did the Court of Castration overstep its bounds?
    Only the Knoxians and Claudio Hellman think that it did.

Good luck with that.

They spent 3 months preparing this report. They made a statement in the report that nothing was missing from Rominelli's room. If it's a stated point of evidence, it carries weight. And at the least, it's misleading. Nothing was missing from Rominelli's room, but money and cell phones were taken.

There was also glass under the clothes. "And everything in between."

The question stands, like the knife -the other one you can't answer.

Good luck with that.
    What do you meaqn by good luck? I said upthread, before the report, that they would be convicted - I mean railroaded - in a new trial. The Court of Castration is seeing to that. Ironically, Florence needs a judge with balls, something that seems rare in Italian courts.

It looks like I inadvertently eliminated my post about the break-in posted after post 7820.

To take only one of the elements that the SC discusses about he break-in is absurd.

------

The SC overstepping it's bounds. It hasn't.

It has for the Knoxians and Hellman. And that's it.

From the Rudy Guede appeal and the reduction of his sentence:

However, in the opinion of the Court, the last ground for appeal, advanced in the alternative, relating to denial of the mitigating circumstances, is well-founded.
    [...]
    Taking into account such elements, the Court holds such mitigating circumstances can be accepted. It observes, indeed, that his life spent so far drifting, has not compromised in an irreparable way the defendant’s personality, considering also his young age and despite the difficulties endured, that have marked his infancy, with a severe and frequently absent father and a mother that abandoned him forever from the moment of his birth.

It must also be mentioned that, due in part to the positive influence of his friend Giacomo Benedetti, Guede expressedright from the first contacts his intention to return to Italy to hand himself over to the police and, once arrested in Germany, without hesitation he gave his consent to be handed over to the Italian authorities.

In addition, he was the only one of the defendants to apologize to Meredith’s family, even if referring only to his lack of help to her [in her dying moments], as was recognized by the lawyers of the girl’s relatives who participated as civil parties.

Then, apart from the attempt to staunch the flow of blood from the wound and the proof that it was not he that held the knife that was compatible with the worst of the lesions, it should also be remembered that Guede was the only one, even if in a somewhat fanciful reconstruction of events, to indicate the perpetrators. It should also be remembered that Guede was the only one, even if somewhat in a fanciful reconstruction of events, to indicate the perpetrators.

Taking into account the elements and the circumstances of the crime and, above all else, of the unspeakable suffering inflicted on the victim, the panel holds that it must deliver a judgment in which the mitigating and aggravating circumstances are considered of equal value.
    highlight #1 - Guede lied.

highlight #2 - Guede lied.

You can't make this shit up.

http://borsinibellardi.wordpress.com...-the-decision/

To take only one of the elements that the SC discusses about he break-in is absurd.
    Yeah right, but I can appreciate your hedging on an answer.

Maybe someone else can weigh in:

If a burglar is surprised by someone after gaining entry into a house and subsequently kills her, and leaves without stealing anything - what is the most plausible conclusion:

A - There was no burglary at all.
    B- The burglar was more concerned with not getting charged with murder, and fled.

I'll add

C - It doesn't prove anything.

So the Wiki page is incorrect? Did the Knoxians author it? Must be a conspiracy.

Maybe you should request an edit.

The SC points out over and over again how Hellman has broken the law.

So, that's just what we need, Hellman and the Amandites to set things straight.

Has the SC overstepped it's bounds? No, not at all.

Funny, Alan Dershowitz doesn't seem to think they have. But hey, what would he know?

http://voicerussia.com/radio_broadca...886/109082024/
    Last edited by Fabrizio; June 27th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

The SC points out over and over again how Hellman has broken the law.
    See the link you posted. The Court of Castration wants them to look again at evidence.

Funny, Alan Dershowitz doesn't seem to think they have. But hey, what would he know?
    The Dershowtiz audio was made in March. So yeah, how would he know if the Court of Castration was right, if he didn't see the motivation report? I guess these "motivations" are worthless. Can't argue with Alan about that.

You posted this same Dershowitz stuff back then in a CNN article, in which he complained about Knox's good looks:
    At best, she was a terrible person who tried to blame it on some innocent person and she was clearly a liar, and at worst she participated in a horrible murder, and the American media focused much more on Amanda Knox than on the victim of the case because Amanda Knox was prettier and an American and an American sweetheart."
    Who the hell really believes she got a break because she's pretty. I hear an ax grinding.

Dershowitz also went on about the victim's family:
    If he were advising Kercher's parents, Dershowitz said, he would recommend that they file a civil suit to claim the money Knox has received as an advance for a book about the case that is scheduled for publication next month.

"They have a right to sue her on behalf of their dead daughter," he said, noting that the standard required for conviction in civil cases is a preponderance of the evidence. "I think that would be easy to do."
    The problem with the old professor is that he sometimes loves the TV camera too much, and adjusts his remarks to suit the occasion.

Last March he was concerned with the victim's family, but sometime in 2012, he appeared on a cable news show talking about another case [Casey Anthony I think]. The subject of victim's rights came up, and Dershowtiz pontificated that the courts are not a good place to get justice for victims; that's not what the criminal justice system is structured to accomplish.

Now suddenly he's concerned with the Kercher's, and Amanda is pretty, and the evidence is "strong." He should spend more time in the classroom, and less whoring in front of TV cameras.

I hear he's become a fav of Peter & Peggy.

-------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how - today - Alan would answer that robbery question. Would he hedge like you?